• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Knights armament SR 25 accuracy?

that less SR25 thread was gold..

I am just here for the memes
Ask and you shall recieve....

20220323_191050_0000.png

If you’re shooting inside of 300 yards, Fed Fusion 150 should give you about 1moa (sometimes less) and it’s fantastic on game.

well my LMTs were more accurate than my 25 so the 25 went to someone else

and no, the 25 is not doing .5 all day everyday
You’re right. We’re being modest, as we KAC owners are known to be. The SR-25 is a 0.25 MOA rifle in any capable hands. In fact, ask any quality scope manufacturer why they make their turrets with .25 MOA adjustments and they’ll tell you it is specifically because of the SR-25.

You’re right. We’re being modest, as we KAC owners are known to be. The SR-25 is a 0.25 MOA rifle in any capable hands. In fact, ask any quality scope manufacturer why they make their turrets with .25 MOA adjustments and they’ll tell you it is specifically because of the SR-25.

Finally… someone that puts the nail in the coffin of the MIL vs MOA discussion.

Attachments

• 161C1AE1-F626-49EE-8EE1-43E274441D7B.jpeg
    161C1AE1-F626-49EE-8EE1-43E274441D7B.jpeg
    18.4 KB · Views: 57
  • Haha
Reactions: TheHorta
Another fun and enlightening SH thread. :)

But I do think between all the name calling (haven't heard one guy call another guy a c*cks*cker for a while) there is some useful info.

1. If you're shooting paper targets with the goal of shooting the smallest groups possible use match ammo, not hunting ammo.

2. If your goal is kill an elk at 200 yards, use hunting ammo designed for this purpose, not match ammo, which is designed to shoot holes in paper.

3. There is no such thing as a rifle that does it all, just as like there is no such thing as a car that handles like a Porsche on pavement but can roll over the toughest trails like a Jeep Rubicon. An SR25 is a fine rifle that is designed primarily with durability and reliability in mind. If your goal is to shoot tiny groups, there are better choices. Just like if you are looking for a rifle that can shoot any kind of ammo, in the most adverse conditions, and do so for 20,000+ rounds, don't buy a CLE stainless upper in .223 Wylde.

4. Consistently shooting sub MOA groups out of any .308 gas gun is hard. Most guns are not capable of this level of accuracy. And fewer shooters are capable of this level of accuracy even if they have a gun that is.

5. If you come on this forum and claim that you are able to shoot well below 1 MOA "all day" you should be prepared to back this up, particularly if you're claiming to do this with a gun not known for outstanding accuracy or with some crappy mil. surplus ammo you paid .60/rd for. In particular, be prepared to take some shit from forum members who actually can shoot 1 MOA "all day" and have posted the targets to prove it.

I would say I can shot a precision AR fairly well (sub MOA). 308 gassers not as well (1.5 MOA) but I am learning. But when my SR25 has a good day and I am having a good day I get results like this out of my APC (far better results than out of a PredatOBR):
Ballistic-X-Export-2022-02-03 18_07_03.215618.jpg

Another fun and enlightening SH thread. :)

But I do think between all the name calling (haven't heard one guy call another guy a c*cks*cker for a while) there is some useful info.

1. If you're shooting paper targets with the goal of shooting the smallest groups possible use match ammo, not hunting ammo.

2. If your goal is kill an elk at 200 yards, use hunting ammo designed for this purpose, not match ammo, which is designed to shoot holes in paper.

3. There is no such thing as a rifle that does it all, just as like there is no such thing as a car that handles like a Porsche on pavement but can roll over the toughest trails like a Jeep Rubicon. An SR25 is a fine rifle that is designed primarily with durability and reliability in mind. If your goal is to shoot tiny groups, there are better choices. Just like if you are looking for a rifle that can shoot any kind of ammo, in the most adverse conditions, and do so for 20,000+ rounds, don't buy a CLE stainless upper in .223 Wylde.

4. Consistently shooting sub MOA groups out of any .308 gas gun is hard. Most guns are not capable of this level of accuracy. And fewer shooters are capable of this level of accuracy even if they have a gun that is.

5. If you come on this forum and claim that you are able to shoot well below 1 MOA "all day" you should be prepared to back this up, particularly if you're claiming to do this with a gun not known for outstanding accuracy or with some crappy mil. surplus ammo you paid .60/rd for. In particular, be prepared to take some shit from forum members who actually can shoot 1 MOA "all day" and have posted the targets to prove it.
elvis would be proud!

I did this with a aero build and a KAK value line barrel that I cut down as I picked up parts cheap. I did not bring my stand grips and it was windy as you can see, the target moved back and right a bit on the last two shots but I wanted 5 aimed shots in under a minute to see how the barrel would do. Not bad at all all things considered. ammo was German Dag, haven't used fgmm yet but will given how well this did here.

I'll dig up some targets from my LMTs, KAC and other builds but without question, the 25 was not a laser nor was my cousins.

Attachments

• 20211217_104757.jpg
    20211217_104757.jpg
    410 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
However, every hunting round like Hornady Precision Hunter 185gr and Federal Premium Berger Hybrid Hunter 168gr, the best I can get is 1.5 to 2 moa groups. Is that how these SR 25’s are, just accurate with target bullets?
did you remember to do your part for those Hybrid and Precision Hunters?

Reactions: spooledup
lol....now you're just starting trouble :)
:ROFLMAO: people are so sensitive when it comes to their babies.

Last edited:
Reactions: RUTGERS95
Sorry then, guess I’m just tired of getting trashed for asking a question. I just tried to delete the post but doesn’t look like I can, so guess I’ll just stay away from this site from now on.
Nah, fuck it. Keep it here. These KAC threads bring out the best in us, as you can see. I find them very entertaining, and I say that as an absolute KAC fan boi. I just know that they are a purpose-built rifle: meant to fuck shit up, by being accurate, and reliable. However, that reliability still needs to be nurtured. Take care of your gear and your gear will take care of you.

I own a couple of KAC rifles (no SR-25's, not yet, anyway), but I do own an LPR. Even out of the LPR, I do not expect "precision" rifle accuracy. Then again, after having been in this game for awhile now, I know everyone's definition of "precision" is relative. I do believe that the term has been overused, or "watered down," to where any rifle that shoots under a minute is a precision rifle. It happens to be that my definition of precision is more stringent than that.

Reactions: RUTGERS95
I’ve got a rifle that puts factory Hornady eld m loads essentially up into one hole. It puts factory sst loads, mostly, into one target. You know what I do? I shoot eld-m bullets. The deer and hogs haven’t complained...

I’ve got a rifle that puts factory Hornady eld m loads essentially up into one hole. It puts factory sst loads, mostly, into one target. You know what I do? I shoot eld-m bullets. The deer and hogs haven’t complained...
it really is that simple

Reactions: RickyRodney
:ROFLMAO: people are so sensitive when it comes to their babies.

yes it's stupid and it all centers on the psychological nuances of buyer reinforcement. If someone pays more, they believe it to be better and worth more plus, research has proven that people want people to buy the products they have for cognitive reinforcement. Weak minded people anyway.

it's all retarded really

that said, LMT rules! lololol

• Haha
Reactions: Praetorian_6
Can you clarify why you are looking to use these hunting bullets if you're just hunting hogs and you have other ammo performing so well? Are shooting off a tripod in a field with those guns or what?

It's been my experience that my 140gr 6.5 and 175gr 308 SMK loads and 175 FGMM will drop pretty much any hog if placed in the upper body. I mean, I took several last week with 55gr fmj out of a 13.5" gun at 10, 75 and 130m and 2 of those were ~300lbs. I usually shoot pigs at night or while out walking property, so I'm not big on the weight involved in dragging my LMT setup along, even with my 13.5" barrel.
why even go that route as tula 124gr x39 does the job REAL nice. You may hit the eyeball when aiming for it's heart cavity but it still drops cheap! lol

Reactions: Steve_In_29
yes it's stupid and it all centers on the psychological nuances of buyer reinforcement. If someone pays more, they believe it to be better and worth more plus, research has proven that people want people to buy the products they have for cognitive reinforcement. Weak minded people anyway.

it's all retarded really

that said, LMT rules! lololol
So true. If I've just dropped $2500 on a KAC rifle, I really don't want to come on this forum and read a thread where everyone is saying that I'm a complete idiot who could have bought a PSA rifle that's just as good for $800. But I love reading threads claiming that anyone who knows anything about AR's understands that KAC' are better than every other rifle ever made and worth every penny.

And I just bought a used LMT upper - so we'll see if they rule. :)

$2500 on a KAC lower receiver, maybe.
Honestly wasn't sure what these go for, so I did a quick Google search and came up with this. https://www.omahaoutdoors.com/knights-armament-sr-15/. But I guess those are pre-Biden prices and have been OOS at those prices for a couple of years.:)

Only KAC item I own is a SR30 upper I bought 4-6 years ago. I think it was a MOD 0 or MOD1 and was being discontinued because my memory was that they were blowing them out for about $1,000. I bought it because I wanted a 300 BO upper and figured this was the only time I'd ever be able to afford anything KAC.

It's a nice upper and runs pretty good, but I really don't shoot it all that much since the price of 300 BO ammo has become stupid. Feel like I'm paying a pretty big premium just to put a slightly larger hole in my target.

Honestly wasn't sure what these go for, so I did a quick Google search and came up with this. https://www.omahaoutdoors.com/knights-armament-sr-15/. But I guess those are pre-Biden prices and have been OOS at those prices for a couple of years.:)

Only KAC item I own is a SR30 upper I bought 4-6 years ago. I think it was a MOD 0 or MOD1 and was being discontinued because my memory was that they were blowing them out for about $1,000. I bought it because I wanted a 300 BO upper and figured this was the only time I'd ever be able to afford anything KAC.

It's a nice upper and runs pretty good, but I really don't shoot it all that much since the price of 300 BO ammo has become stupid. Feel like I'm paying a pretty big premium just to put a slightly larger hole in my target.
Especially given that 300Blk was basically meant to give 7.62x39 performance out of an AR platform.

That's fair. I said $2500 because this thread was about SR25s and their other-worldly delivery of unmatched sub-atomic accuracy all day long. I checked gunbroker and saw a couple SR-25 lowers for just under $2500.

To the OP, my SR-25 is so accurate that I don't even shoot groups for zeroing, only single rounds. 0MOA All. Day. Long.

i passed on a left hand sr-25 30 years ago at a crossroads gun show in costa mesa, ca. I had just ran my first 168 reloads through my hk911 and as it was MOA i did not see the need for a gas .308 as I remember its chambering versus my 7.62x51 non gas rifle that will special work maybe be made FA.

Oh it was $1,000 and i had the money on me and i am left handed. Seems as an investment i was wrong but not 30 years ago. At least to me.

the seller said it was not a MOA rifle as far as he knew of. So I passed

elk aren't deer.

they are pachyderms.

the 'hide told me so.

match bullets won't kill either. definitely not a 108gr bullet from a 6br at 500 yards. not enough oomph. not enough energy.

F9A03859-0D3D-4A53-98F4-A66C50EEA81B.jpeg

Reactions: Blaster7Romeo