• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

KRG Bravo Chassis

Lost a washer?

I left a front action screw washer on the table recently after installing the spigot, didn't notice it.
Closing the bolt something felt wrong, that front action screw minus one washer was making contact with the bolt head. (Origin SA)

My 2nd Bravo below. Since I'm waiting on a barrel I had better paint it.

Bravo 2 plus.jpg

Last edited:
No all the washers r in just when I set the action in the Chassis / stock with no screws it teatertoters like the action is setting on something towards the front like it is bottoming our on something idk I’ll try and take a video later even when I screw it down into the chassis/stock it looks like it is not down far enough I even took a dollar bill and run under the barrel to c if it was contacting and nothing

20200615_160523.jpg

Rounds 11-15 out of a factory 700 (20in barrel) in my KRG at 100 yards. When I say 11-15 I mean of the barrels life. Front bag and no rear bag from the bench at the local range. Range restrictions kept me from prone or a bench with a rear bag. For reference circle is 3in diameter.

168gr ELD-X .308

View attachment 7352231
Rounds 11-15 out of a factory 700 (20in barrel) in my KRG at 100 yards. When I say 11-15 I mean of the barrels life. Front bag and no rear bag from the bench at the local range. Range restrictions kept me from prone or a bench with a rear bag. For reference circle is 3in diameter.

168gr ELD-X .308
Really no rear bags allowed at the bench, weird policy but whatever floats their boat

Really no rear bags allowed at the bench, weird policy but whatever floats their boat
No not that it's not allowed, the benches aren't cut to allow for a rear bags. The seating areas are cut extra wide and deep. I don't even have hardly enough room for my shooting arm to rest on the strip of wood to my right.

Anyone have info on what's needed to fit an Ultimatum Defacto in a KRG Bravo? It says right on their website its not a clean fit since it's a Tikka clone with a Remington trigger

View attachment 7352231

168gr ELD-X .308
Forget the new barrel aspect, I'm more impressed with the group since you don't have a good aiming point on a 3" open circle. Throw a dot in the middle next time.

Reactions: KSC86
I've been trying to figure out an ARCA solution that I like. At first I considered keeping it simple and just going with the KRG ARCA rail, their Harris direct mount and their ARCA clamp. But looking into it further, I think I'd prefer a 12" ARCA rail to give me a bit more travel. Outside of Area419, what are some good options out there? Nelson Manufacturing is out of stock on their 12" rail.

**Edit - I called Nelson and they actually had 2 more in stock that weren't reflected in their online inventory. Just placed my order for their 12" ARCA rail and it's already shipped.

1593011642323.png

1593011655461.png

Last edited:
I've seen pics of an arcalock rail on a KRG Bravo/Whiskey 3. Has anybody here managed to do so? Really interested in that setup.

I'm not bashing the 'lock' portion but all my standard ARCA rails and mounts lock steady w/o much effort. Are you guys having issues with mounts sliding?

Also, I'm completely sold on ARCA/Swiss mounts vs. Picatinny/Weaver. And the Area 419 stuff is good to go as well.

Reactions: pilotjoe
  • Haha
Reactions: Jefe's Dope
OK, I’ll bite, what is the purpose of the stick tied to the 4X4 with bailing twine.
Cute kid, good to start them off young.

So it's a bit of an old family secret. Your big toes are where the majority of your balance comes from. At some point, great grandpa Dan figured out that if you put pressure on the big toe that's opposite of your trigger finger (left foot big toe for a right handed shooter) it would help steady your reticle and it wouldn't move around as much. After a few generations of trail and error it was discovered that this phenomenon worked even better if that pressure was tied to whatever rest your rifle is on, hence - the bailing twine attached to the tank trap!

Nah, just kidding. It's just something my kids tied to it at some point and I never cared enough to cut it off. The stick was probably just a cool stick that one of them found and shoved in there lol.

How do you like the barricade stop you added to the mag well? Does it make a noticeable difference?
Not enough time with it to really tell honestly. My intention was for it to help keep my bag from pushing into my magazine (which can sometimes cause binding when chambering a new round), but I haven't really tested it out properly to know if it actually makes a difference yet.

Nah, just kidding. It's just something my kids tied to it at some point and I never cared enough to cut it off. The stick was probably just a cool stick that one of them found and shoved in there lol.

Some how I already knew this. When I was looking at the image and trying to figure out what it was, It came to me that it was just kids doing kid shit. I can picture myself doing it as a kid. :geek:

Reactions: Bcamos
Took my Tac A1 out of it's chassis and put it in a Bravo. No modding needed for the safety for me. Dropped right in and everything works as expected.

EDIT: Actually took it to the range today to confirm zero and everything worked as expected. No feeding issues, no safety engagement issues, no trigger issues. Just sub MOA groups. 🤠

IMG_1322.jpeg

Last edited:
Forget the new barrel aspect, I'm more impressed with the group since you don't have a good aiming point on a 3" open circle. Throw a dot in the middle next time.

Just do a 6 o'clock hold instead of a zero hold.

You have to remove the butt plate and dick around holding the the two threaded clips in place while you align and thread in the supplied screws in to place. Your fingers will be of little help in that small channel.

Reactions: EN2722
I´d like to have a bit a softer cheekpiece on the Bravo, but seem to have an a bit wider head than others, and soften it up would not help.
I do have always a hard time to get behind the scope straight and must cant my head quite a bit to do so.

So I wanted to ask, if there are any plans to make a shiftable cheekpiece for the Bravo?

I could imagine, that an eccentric solution would work very fine.

Reactions: Dilsey817
I´d like to have a bit a softer cheekpiece on the Bravo, but seem to have an a bit wider head than others, and soften it up would not help.
I do have always a hard time to get behind the scope straight and must cant my head quite a bit to do so.

So I wanted to ask, if there are any plans to make a shiftable cheekpiece for the Bravo?

I could imagine, that an eccentric solution would work very fine.

Wiebad makes a cheek pad attachment.

Reactions: SonicBurlap
how bout that barricade stop?;)
Ah I’m glad you asked! So today I made sure to actually pay attention while using my bag on my tank trap. It definitely helps keep the bag away from the magazine. I’ve had to let off on the pressure before so I could feed the next round because my bag was pushing into the mag. With the barricade stop on there, it really helps.

Reactions: RFutch