• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

KRG Bravo Pic Thread

20220102_122036.jpg
20220102_120746.jpg
20211216_175117.jpg

Tikka Bravo/Vision chassis

Anybody have a good way for me to mount a sling to my KRG X-Ray?

I have a magpul QD cup at the rear that I can use, but my forend is the minimalist old version that doesn’t have m-lok on the sides. I have an arca plate on the bottom of the forend so I can’t install the sling stud.

Here’s a picture for reference:
View attachment 7781201
Possibly drill and install your own sling stud?

Paracord ends.
I did this at a match when I found out my QDs wouldn't work w/ the Bravo I was shooting. Kept it on for several matches and only added QDs just because. And why you always carry a little paracord.

I really like it. A new 7mm-08 project is in-bound and I'm gonna do a very similar setup, only I'm gonna add the enclosed forend weight and the grip weight they just came out with. By the way, what the heck took so long on that grip weight? lol And, why is there no "stock" weight, like one to fit in the cavity in the rear? My shade tree job really stiffened it up, but I'd prefer one that doesn't like a gimp with some tools did it. Anyway, I thought about going to a W3 or something but every time I shoot this rifle I love it more. Don't mess with a good thing
View attachment 7746469

What length is that barrel?

Trying to gauge how mine will look. Whatever length that is it looks "right".

Ok...I crossed over to the other side today. I have three rifles with fiberglass/carbon stocks and I wanted to build a new rifle. So not only have I gone from all Remington's (new rifle is a Howa) but I also put it in a Bravo Chassis. Just got the rifle in today and put it in the chassis.

Attachments

• howa bravo.jpeg
    howa bravo.jpeg
    461.6 KB · Views: 201
Have been using my KRG Bravo stock for almost 2 years now in the New Zealand mountains hunting mountain goats and love it. Have been using Hornady match factory ammo exclusively in 6.5 Creedmoor with 147ELDMs. Over a span of 1600 rounds, my zero only shifted about 1 click.

Stock: KRG Bravo, short action, Green
Suppressor: Ase Utra, SL7i, 338
Barrel: Bergara, HMR contour, 6.5 Creedmoor, 24"
Action: Bergara B14
Trigger: TriggerTech, Diamond, Straight
Scope rail: Badger Ordnance
Scope rings: Spuhr, SP5002
Scope: Leupold Mk5HD, 7-35x56, Tremor3
Magazine: Magpul, PMAG, AICS
Bipod: BT69-LW17 Gen. 2 CAL Atlas Bipod
Cheekpiece spacer: D R A K E N B U R G, send me a PM and I'll share the 3D printable file

20211023_130609.jpg

20211022_085421.jpg

Last edited:
Have been using my KRG Bravo stock for almost 2 years now in the New Zealand mountains hunting mountain goats and love it. Have been using Hornady match factory ammo exclusively in 6.5 Creedmoor with 147ELDMs. Over a span of 1600 rounds, my zero only shifted about 1 click.

Stock: KRG Bravo, short action, Green
Suppressor: Ase Utra, SL7i, 338
Barrel: Bergara, HMR contour, 6.5 Creedmoor, 24"
Action: Bergara B14
Trigger: TriggerTech, Diamond, Straight
Scope rail: Badger Ordnance
Scope rings: Spuhr, SP5002
Scope: Leupold Mk5HD, 7-35x56, Tremor3
Magazine: Magpul, PMAG, AICS
Bipod: BT69-LW17 Gen. 2 CAL Atlas Bipod
Cheekpiece spacer: D R A K E N B U R G, send me a PM and I'll share the 3D printable file

View attachment 7783326
View attachment 7783327
Fuck you and your awesome pictures! :)

Reactions: JoeM
Thanks. I tried a different type of sponge style than I’ve done before. First I used a dense sponge, not sea sponges and I did big sections first. I used Aervoe field drab and sand plus Rustoleum dark gray. I baked at 180 for a couple of hours then lightly dusted it with flat black from a distance and let it dry a bit, then wiped it down with alcohol to remove some of the black and “dirty” up the solid colors. Then I sprayed it down with Rustoleum Chalk matte clear. Here’s a picture of it before dusting, The gray was Aervoe Foliage and I removed it and replaced with dark gray:
D0D0E8D6-DA31-49C1-A453-82AFA60DA162.jpeg

Closeup after dusting and alcohol wipe:
1342CEF9-56E8-4052-AFBA-1E0C01EDD872.jpeg

Last edited:
Thanks. I tried a different type of sponge style than I’ve done before. First I used a dense sponge, not sea sponges and I did big sections first. I used Aervoe field drab and sand plus Rustoleum dark gray. I baked at 180 for a couple of hours then lightly dusted it with flat black from a distance and let it dry a bit, then wiped it down with alcohol to remove some of the black and “dirty” up the solid colors. Then I sprayed it down with Rustoleum Chalk matte clear. Here’s a picture of it before dusting, The gray was Aervoe Foliage and I removed it and replaced with dark gray:
View attachment 7805601
Closeup after dusting and alcohol wipe:View attachment 7805602
Thank you for the detailed explanation and pictures! It sounds like your painting skills are way above mine 😕

I will look around for a skilled person in my area.

Enjoy shooting that masterpiece!

Reactions: A-Rob
Just got my first Tikka and first Bravo. One thing I immediately noticed is that the spigot mount is basically a must have and should just be part of the bravo itself. Otherwise the rifle is just a teeter totter on the bipod. That said, they really should add some sort of Mlok provisions on the spigot itself. I used the forward mounting hole and just drilled and tapped a second hole for my bipod. Now I'm really loving the setup for sure.

IMG_2835.jpg

IMG_2836.jpg

I made a backbone and trigger guard to put my Lithgow LA101 in a Bravo stock a while back. It was a bit boring with the tan plastic, I reckon this looks much cooler. I made some stencils on the vinyl cutter and used crimson red, Tungsten and graphite black H series cerakote.
1644648489239.jpeg

Last edited:
I made a backbone and trigger guard to put my Lithgow LA101 in a Bravo stock a while back. It was a bit boring with the tan plastic, I reckon this looks much cooler. I made some stencils on the vinyl cutter and used crimson red, Tungsten and graphite black H series cerakote.
View attachment 7806237
I like the transition from redder to grayer up front. Cleaver scheme

Reactions: Gtar
Great looking posts here.
I saw a few reviews on tube. Often refered to as "entry level" and bargain priced. It makes it sound cheap!

Sitting here looking at my accesserized Bravo, I decided to total up my add ONS.

$843

I would say these should be refered to us "pick your own upgrades". LOL

Reactions: fxdrider
View attachment 7806237
That's a really good color combo.

Reactions: Gtar
Great looking posts here.
I saw a few reviews on tube. Often refered to as "entry level" and bargain priced. It makes it sound cheap!

Sitting here looking at my accesserized Bravo, I decided to total up my add ONS.

$843

I would say these should be refered to us "pick your own upgrades". LOL
I’m putting a 7-65prc together and totaled my add-ones for it, $1100! Lol worth it though. I’d love to use the new integral enclosed forend but I want the added weight of the spacer

Anyone have pics of weights on the mlok slots of the forend?

Are the barrel channels on the Bravo all the same size,,?? KRG refers to a max diameter , but nothing else. I have not contacted any dealers, I figured you all would have the answer. ( Trying to purchase chassis for CTR 223)
Thanks,
Charlie112

Are the barrel channels on the Bravo all the same size,,?? KRG refers to a max diameter , but nothing else. I have not contacted any dealers, I figured you all would have the answer. ( Trying to purchase chassis for CTR 223)
Thanks,
Charlie112
I've got 4 of them and they're all the same. The barrel channel is the same diameter from front to rear.

Reactions: Charlie112
origin1.jpg

I painted it with Rustoleum metallic blue spray paint. It isn't the best paint job ever, but it is blue, so I'm happy.

Origin action, Bartlein prefit in 6 BR from Altus, with a TT Diamond trigger. I have lower rings and a suppressor mount on order, so it's not quite finished.

I only have 60 rds through it, but so far I'm liking the Bravo.

Is that a Zeus QC? If so don’t you just love it

Yup, good eyes - it is a QC!

Ive been crazy busy of late (doing a decent sized reno on my house while holding down a 7/7 work schedule) so I'm ashamed to say it still hasn't made it to the range.

Been shooting my 6BR (& LOT of IPSC / 3 Gun) too.

The QC is crazy easy to build. I was on the fence about getting the QC but it is really slick.

Reactions: MouthMechanic
Yup, good eyes - it is a QC!

Ive been crazy busy of late (doing a decent sized reno on my house while holding down a 7/7 work schedule) so I'm ashamed to say it still hasn't made it to the range.

Been shooting my 6BR (& LOT of IPSC / 3 Gun) too.

The QC is crazy easy to build. I was on the fence about getting the QC but it is really slick.
My first one arrives tomorrow and love my buddies every time i run his. Second one is looking like 3 Weeks behind it

Reactions: Cardboard Assassin
My first one arrives tomorrow and love my buddies every time i run his. Second one is looking like 3 Weeks behind it
It’s a pretty nice action. I have an Impact too.

Both are great, but different.

The 90 degree has a lighter lift but the 60 gives me more room when running the bolt (big shovel hands). Apart from that they feel great. The Zeus has a crazy light bolt close.

I’m sure you’ll be very happy.

View attachment 7880214

I painted it with Rustoleum metallic blue spray paint. It isn't the best paint job ever, but it is blue, so I'm happy.

Origin action, Bartlein prefit in 6 BR from Altus, with a TT Diamond trigger. I have lower rings and a suppressor mount on order, so it's not quite finished.

I only have 60 rds through it, but so far I'm liking the Bravo.
I'm used to blue guns being dummies/trainers ... this does my head in! :)

Reactions: Hattrick
Figured I would contribute to the KRG Bravo love! I love this rifle. Great ergos, and have the grip weight and buttstock weights added for perfect balance. 18lbs 9oz.

Krg bravo, with enclosed foreend
Bighorn origin short
26" Criterion MTU 6.5 Creedmoor
Leupold mk5 5-25 pr2 mil
Seekins rings
Flatline halo
B&T CAL Bipod(holy stable)
Aac sdn6, HUB
Area 419 hellfire mount
Longtucky Supply Sling
PXL_20220802_031849332~2.jpg