• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

KRG Whiskey-3 Chasis

Inkognito

Private
Minuteman
Apr 10, 2010
United States
I've been considering one of these ever since they announced that they were working on them. I've got a Sako TRG-S (M995) that I want to put a heavier barrel on. In order to do so I also need to replace the stock. Because the trigger group is built into the TRG-S stock that also means new bottom metal. The price of stocks are, in my opinion, ridiculously expensive and when the bottom metal is factored in, the price is about the same as the Whiskey-3 chasis.

So, I've actually sold another rifle and now have the funds to proceed with this project but before I do I'm just wanting to hear from anyone who has a Whiskey-3. What do you think? One thing I really like about it is that it uses the AICS magazines.

Re: KRG Whiskey-3 Chasis

I ordered mine last thursday, supposed to be in by the end of the week. I'll fill you in when I get it.

PM me if you don't here from me might forget.

I have 2 of them and have built guns on 2 others.

They are very high quality and innovative, also can be adjusted to fit about any shooting style.

If you like the SAKO style pistol grip and stock, it can be made to feel almost identical to the TRG-22.

Here's a write up I did on my current 223 comp gun, so far I have won 3 local matches with it. The gun is a hammer.

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthre...917#Post2883917

I don't have one for the TRG but I have one for my Tikka Tactical and also one for my Remington 40X. I love them both. One is a gen 1 and the other is a gen 2 version. Both rifles are HEAVY making them beginner shooter friendly (little to no recoil). If I have time I may post pictures of them.

Gene

I got mine last Friday and love it. The fit the ability to adjust the LOP and cheek piece without tools. My Remington with that stock is now my second favorite thing.

i got mine a couple of weeks ago and its awesome. Very nice quality piece highly recommended.

Can anyone tell me if the cheek piece is a take off from the AI chassis?

It looks identical. One thing I hate about AI is the cheek piece......it's like someone actually spent time thinking of the most uncomfortable design possible......surprised they didn't put spikes sticking out of it.

I see viperskins makes a a soft rubber replacement piece for the AI, just curious if it would be a direct replacement on the KRG.

The cheekpiece is not a take-off of the AI chassis. Any resemblance is not intentional. I think our is comfortable of course, but normally the only complaints I've heard about the AICS is that with the cheekpiece on, shooters can't get their head low enough.
Justin

I feel the cheekpiece once set up is comfortable. you wont be disappointed with this chassis.

just got my fed-ex tacking number from KRG. F###-yea

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lofty</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Can anyone tell me if the cheek piece is a take off from the AI chassis?</div></div>

The cheek piece on the AI and the Whiskey-3 are totally different. They are both made of plastic with a metal structure. That is really the only similarity.

I don't know if the are interchangeable because I have never actually measured.

If you find them comfortable or not is a personal criteria. I don't have any problem with either cheek piece, although I would prefer something that isn't as slick on a sweaty face.

I'm used to a more traditional stock, I'm kinda partial to a Manners T4a and I find the comb wider and curved.....fits my cheek weld better.

The first time I got behind an AI it was like putting my cheek on a 1x2 piece of wood.

I'll have to get behind a whiskey to see how it feels.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LoneWolfUSMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lofty</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Can anyone tell me if the cheek piece is a take off from the AI chassis?</div></div>

The cheek piece on the AI and the Whiskey-3 are totally different. They are both made of plastic with a metal structure. That is really the only similarity.

I don't know if the are interchangeable because I have never actually measured.

If you find them comfortable or not is a personal criteria. I don't have any problem with either cheek piece, although I would prefer something that isn't as slick on a sweaty face.</div></div>

something I found that works well is the soft side of velcro. Buy a 4 x 4" piece of velcro (hook and loop) ditch the stiff hook side and cut out the adhesive soft side for your rest. Works perfect !

I shot my TRG 42 in 338 well right from the beginning (the ergonomics really fit me I guess), but as soon as I chanegd over to the Whiuskey 3 folding stock (kept the TRG forend), my groups got smaller. Very first range session.

I guess it fits me even betetr than the factory TRG stock did.

Jim G

I was highly interested in ordering a whiskey3 fixed until I went to a comp recently. Out of about 60 competitors 0 had a whiskey since its so new. So I've been searching for negatives concerning accuracy... Was really hoping to get behind one. The only negative I've seen is there is a little play in the folding stock.

Still tempted but going to keep shopping around.

There is no play in the folding stock. We check them all before they ship. We've been meaning to talk to Lonewolf about that vid. He had an early folder kit he put onto a fixed stock and due to a miscommunication on our part he didn't install it 100% properly but had already shot the video.
Justin

Like I said above, I have the folding stock on my otherwise stock TRG, and:

1. There is no play

2. I shoot it more accurately than I did before I got the stock.

Don't know what else anyone can say to convince you . . .

Jim G

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Massoud</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There is no play in the folding stock. We check them all before they ship. We've been meaning to talk to Lonewolf about that vid. He had an early folder kit he put onto a fixed stock and due to a miscommunication on our part he didn't install it 100% properly but had already shot the video.
Justin</div></div>

Thanks for clarification, was planning on getting the fixed anyhow so it actually wasn't a factor for me. As of now still my top choice. Just need to wait for my credit card to cool off =/

Got mine, this thing is awesome! Had to modify it for the surgeon action and fewel trigger. Very rigid feel, adjustable magizine tension is a cool feature. Need to spend some more time with it but so far its cool.