• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Thumper91

Private
Minuteman
Mar 23, 2023
MINNESOTA
cults3d.com
Since my dreams of building a Badger M2013 SA on a whiskey 3 chassis were shattered due to availability and KRG not making the whiskey 3 for m2013 SA's anymore, I decided to buy a KRG Sotic. Unfortunately for me, they are STILL out of stock. What gives? am I just doomed to not have nice things or do I just need to be more patient?

are there even any of these in the public?
There are several Sotics floating around. I was on KRGs mailer a long time ago and I got a notification they were in stock but I was not financially able to swing it at the time. As for badgers m2013s; apparently, they are tied up in the Ukrainian war effort so they won't be building any m2013 actions for a while. Even if I could get one, KRG stopped producing the Whiskey 3 for them.

If you need/want the rifle sooner, why not get a TRG22 or TRG22A1? Yes, more $$$ but available now...
It's not off the table that's for sure. if I could find a decently priced TRG 22 I may pull the trigger. The only other thing that might hold me back is there is some confusion as to if the whiskey 3 chassis with a TRG uses AICS mags or not. I've heard they do but when you look at the KRG Whiskey 3 accessory infographic PDF it says the TRG still utilizes SAKO magazines which is kind of a big deal considering the price per magazine and capacity options.

It's not off the table that's for sure. if I could find a decently priced TRG 22 I may pull the trigger. The only other thing that might hold me back is there is some confusion as to if the whiskey 3 chassis with a TRG uses AICS mags or not. I've heard they do but when you look at the KRG Whiskey 3 accessory infographic PDF it says the TRG still utilizes SAKO magazines which is kind of a big deal considering the price per magazine and capacity options.
A Vision TRG forend gets you CTR magazine compatibility.

What’s “decently priced” to you? I have a TRG22 I’d move to get into the A1.

are there even any of these in the public?
1686600182762.jpeg

They are definitely in the public and a great option if you can get one.

My SOTIC has been a nice work horse rifle for me. I got tired of blowing up the KRG SOTIC thread though. I shot an F-class match with it for fun a couple years ago now. It's a well-travelled rifle - rounds down range throughout much of the south eastern U.S. My Dad is keeping it warm for me at the moment - he put in a 10 shot sub-MOA group at 300 yds a couple weeks ago.

Reactions: mwd92870
I sent KRG an email asking about any sort of ETA for the SOTIC a few weeks ago and they didn’t respond at all. I’d love to get my hands on one