• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

KRG Whiskey 3 Chassis-Let's See Them

Updated with new KRG Enclosed Forend

Attachments

• IMG_20190622_165133.jpg
    IMG_20190622_165133.jpg
    693.4 KB · Views: 825
Another enclosed forend. Got it last week and took it to the range today.
It is crazy stable, and moving the bipod forward is never a bad thing.

View attachment 7116221

I have the enclosed fore-end but took it off my chassis. The scope is to far forward to accommodate the night vision bridge on the fore-end.

If I moved the scope back then I would have to move the butt plate way back which would also increase the length of pull too much. I'm 5'9" with a standard LOP of about 13.5 to 14 inches.

So, do you have any problems with that issue of positioning the scope to close to your eye so the objective can clear the night vision bridge?

Also, do you have any issues with clip on night vision devices and your day time scope?

PS: Nice looking rifle!

I have the enclosed fore-end but took it off my chassis. The scope is to far forward to accommodate the night vision bridge on the fore-end.

If I moved the scope back then I would have to move the butt plate way back which would also increase the length of pull too much. I'm 5'9" with a standard LOP of about 13.5 to 14 inches.

So, do you have any problems with that issue of positioning the scope to close to your eye so the objective can clear the night vision bridge?

Also, do you have any issues with clip on night vision devices and your day time scope?

PS: Nice looking rifle!

The only thing I had to do to the rifle was to cut the front part of the scoperail of, so it clears the first part or first loop of the forend. Other than that, the scope is in the same place I have ran it since day one. I must admit that the main reason for me to get the new forend was that I had the slim one from the X-ray and did not like the looks of it, I also liked the idea of the added lenght to get the bipod more forward. And frankly, I think it looks cool. I dont have a clip on night vision as of now, the laws for hunting with one just changed here (Sweden) so now it is atleast an option to use one. I might get one in the future.

Thank you!

Reactions: Massoud
I added the enclosed forend for several reasons. First of which was to allow a spot to grip the front for baracade work with my support hand.
Secondly was to added stiffening to the system and improved magazine support . The lengthened mag well really takes all wiggle out of the Accurate Mag lockup in the chassis.

And finally - it's just badass looking. You gotta have a cool bangstick ?

@Massoud For Remington footprint actions, are folks using 2 washers for the front?

I have my Nucleus tightened down with 2 washers up front and 1 washer for the rear. Rear looks good.

Attachments

• IMG_20190817_181007.jpg
    IMG_20190817_181007.jpg
    716.2 KB · Views: 528
  • IMG_20190817_181141.jpg
    IMG_20190817_181141.jpg
    595 KB · Views: 491
  • IMG_20190817_181037.jpg
    IMG_20190817_181037.jpg
    424.5 KB · Views: 477
Last edited:
For those of you running a sling swivel near the front of your enclosed forend, how are you attaching it?

The instructions online say to use and show flat m5 nuts for non-MLOK accessories, but I bought mine off another Hide member, so I didn't get those nuts with it. And I don't know which kind to order from all the "flat m5 nut" options out there on the internet...

For those of you running a sling swivel near the front of your enclosed forend, how are you attaching it?

The instructions online say to use and show flat m5 nuts for non-MLOK accessories, but I bought mine off another Hide member, so I didn't get those nuts with it. And I don't know which kind to order from all the "flat m5 nut" options out there on the internet...

Take the forend and the sling stud to the hardware store and buy the nut that fits the sling stud, but also fits in the slot within the forend. The slot will keep the nut from spinning while you tighten the sling stud.

Reactions: alwaywatchyoursix
Just a heads up for everyone you can now get fastener kit on our website, in this case an X-ray/Bravo kit will get you those flat nuts or as MM mentioned you can find something at the hardware store:

Thank you all for your business!
Justin

i had lost my rear action screw to my BRAVO too...after i bought 2 of those Fastener Kits, i found the rear action screw :ROFLMAO:

Quick question - looking at buying a Whiskey 3 and was wondering what barrel contour balances the stock chassis best?

I was thinking of a 22 inch remington varmint contour / medium palma

Would that balance out nicely?

Not for competition, just a 223 for plinking and fun / tabletop / groundhogs etc.

Thank you all

I see a lot of people switching to an enclosed forend. Is there any practical purpose of that, unless of course you plan to mount NV equipment? Sure, it moves the bipod further forward towards the muzzle, but you could accomplish the same thing with a spigot, which also mounts the bipod closer to the barrel, or an extra long arca rail.

I see a lot of people switching to an enclosed forend. Is there any practical purpose of that, unless of course you plan to mount NV equipment? Sure, it moves the bipod further forward towards the muzzle, but you could accomplish the same thing with a spigot, which also mounts the bipod closer to the barrel, or an extra long arca rail.

It looks cool.

And some guys like that it allows you to wrap your hand over the top of the chassis without touching the barrel. A NV bridge (like on an MPA Chassis) does the same thing. You can see Dave squeezing the bag and the front of the chassis together in this pic:

maxresdefault.jpg

But mostly because it looks cool.

Last edited:

I have my own reasons

18665FB6-A81D-4BFE-A211-C29827DC7DE2.JPG

Surgeon 591R
Proof Stainless Steel Heavy Palma 6.5 barrel 24in 1:8 twist
KRG Whiskey 3 W/ Spigot and NV Rail
Atlas Bipod
NightForce ATACR 5-25 w/ Tremor 3
Silencerco SpecWar
WTO Switch Lug
img_0632-jpg.7260057

Attachments

• IMG_0632.jpg
    IMG_0632.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 2,788
ignore the house which is a mess due to my twin boys, but here is mine. Sako trg22 in w3 chassis I got off a member here. I love the rifle/chassis combo. Definitely thinking about the enclosed forend myself.

BA1DCD52-0811-456D-863D-9E26A957F8B4.jpeg

TL3
Proof Research 26” M24 6.5 creedmoor
KRG Whiskey 3 Comp forend
Triggertech Special
Vortex Razor AMG 6-24x50
ARC M10 rings
Atlas CAL
PVA Jet Blast

View attachment 7282518
Amongst the gently waving purple mountain flowers, @SonoranPrecision finished his photo shoot with that hott blonde in the tiny yellow bikini and immediately threw down his KRG W3 for a quickie.

Or vice versa.

Back is a Stiller Tac30 - 22" Proof Sendero/ 6.5 Creedmoor 1-7.5tw
PVA Jet Blast Brake
TT Diamond
Gen5 Whiskey 3 folder, arca rail, minimalist spigot, and backbone NV mount
ARC 1.38" mount with 4-16x42 Atacr

Front is a Bighorn Origin - 24" Xcaliber Prefit/ sendero contour/ 300wm 1-9tw
PVA Shockwave
TT Diamond
Franken W3 folder, arca rail, minimalist spigot, and backbone NV mount
1.375"NF Ultralight rings and a 3-20x50mm PMII

7F8F7C97-9B68-4B6B-ACEE-016F6F242915.jpeg

Last edited:
Because I pic whore my rifles. ? The skins were originally FDE, but I wanted something that worked with the Proof CF pattern. My Cerakote guy knocked it out of the park.

View attachment 7116800

:love:That's a BEAUT!! Have you experienced any play in the folding stock (whatsoever). this is my only hesitation with going folding vs. fixed (anyone else please chime in)

Here is mine, Tikka T3 Tactical in .308.

Attachments

• 20200312_214246.jpg
    20200312_214246.jpg
    761.6 KB · Views: 344
  • 20200312_220144.jpg
    20200312_220144.jpg
    562.3 KB · Views: 915
:love:That's a BEAUT!! Have you experienced any play in the folding stock (whatsoever). this is my only hesitation with going folding vs. fixed (anyone else please chime in)

Zero play. That hinge is tighter than a wife with a headache.

How's that OSS can?!?

Excellent! I have OSS cans on both rifles.

Where OSS really shines is in the gas guns. I did a form 1 QB direct thread can for a bolt action rifle that previously wore an OSS.

That OSS can is going on an AR-15 Pistol that I am building. Hopefully, everything will be here within a few weeks and I can start playing Legos again.

If you’re going to suppress a gas gun the OSS cans are made for that. None of my AR-15s get any dirtier nor do I have gas being blown back in my face with every shot.

Reactions: fortify503
Excellent! I have OSS cans on both rifles.

Where OSS really shines is in the gas guns. I did a form 1 QB direct thread can for a bolt action rifle that previously wore an OSS.

That OSS can is going on an AR-15 Pistol that I am building. Hopefully, everything will be here within a few weeks and I can start playing Legos again.

If you’re going to suppress a gas gun the OSS cans are made for that. None of my AR-15s get any dirtier nor do I have gas being blown back in my face with every shot.

Great info. The OSS Helix is going on my Aero M5E1 and that QB is definitely something I will consider for the Whiskey 3/Tikka T3 build. Thank you!

Anyone have experience running the enclosed forend with a Gen 2 Razor 4.5-27 using ARC medium (1.1") rings?

I ask because @Bandit31 mentioned in the below thread it wasn't working for his Minox.
https://www.snipershide.com/shooting/threads/krg-whiskey-3-enclosed-forend-vs-spigot.6908950/

Other question I had, I have an Origin with barrel nut, anyone having any problems with the enclosed forend on one of those? @Massoud ?

Thanks for any info.

My 300wm in my post above has a PVA barrel nut and now an enclosed forend and it fits. I had a short action awhile ago as well with a Bighorn nut and it also fits.

I'm also running a 3-20x50mm PMII in 1.375" NF rings on the 300wm above and my cap comes in contact with the bridge on the enclosed forend.

Reactions: IowaGeologist
My 300wm in my post above has a PVA barrel nut and now an enclosed forend and it fits. I had a short action awhile ago as well with a Bighorn nut and it also fits.

I'm also running a 3-20x50mm PMII in 1.375" NF rings on the 300wm above and my cap comes in contact with the bridge on the enclosed forend.
Thanks for the info. Looks like the S&B is about 15.2" while the Razor is 14.4". Assuming I'm not running the shade I should be fine then.