• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

KRG Whiskey 3 Chassis-Let's See Them

Did you drill holes for the spigot and just screw the spigot into the enclosed forend? If so, how solid is it?

I have three rifles with KRG Chassis. All of them have the spigot mount. They are all very solid. Instructions attached.

Attachments

• Spigot-Mount-Installation-Instructions.pdf
    116.8 KB · Views: 125
I have three rifles with KRG Chassis. All of them have the spigot mount. They are all very solid. Instructions attached.
The one pictured from Hennig is with the enclosed forend, which isn't compatible with the spigots. I have bot a spigot and an enclosed forend.

6BFAAEF0-8719-442B-8608-042C6C3E3513.jpeg

Mausingfield/Proof 6cm with a TT Diamond. Love this hung so far.

Anyone have any feedback on going from Tikka Tac A1 chassis to KRG Whisky 3?

I know there are a couple passes of a file required to a section of polymer for something but no big deal

Wondering how much less the KRG weighs over the Tikka.....

Wow you guys are all rocking awesome colored chassis and here is mine plain w3…. Also how much longer is the enclosed forend compared to the forend with spigot adapter?

Attachments

• 7CBB7607-B653-47C2-AEFB-B9833E30B7B3.jpeg
    7CBB7607-B653-47C2-AEFB-B9833E30B7B3.jpeg
    509.8 KB · Views: 136
But the polymer forends are not shabby by any means...

Attachments

• 20220413_134351.jpg
    20220413_134351.jpg
    483.7 KB · Views: 288
Reactions: Longshot231
yeah they do but that enclosed forend is awesome I just wish they made an X-ray for my Cz so I could have a matching set lol

Are these chassis just as good as the other big names guys are using in comps like MPA etc? I feel like I don't see them being used as much. If using an enclosed forend, is the only polymer piece the grip panel?

Are these chassis just as good as the other big names guys are using in comps like MPA etc? I feel like I don't see them being used as much. If using an enclosed forend, is the only polymer piece the grip panel?
IMO it’s just as good. I’ve got a few YouTube reviews on all the different chassis including this one to help decide. And if you go with the enclosed forend, then the grip panels and the outer magwell would be polymer.

IMO it’s just as good. I’ve got a few YouTube reviews on all the different chassis including this one to help decide. And if you go with the enclosed forend, then the grip panels and the outer magwell would be polymer.
So there's an inner magwell that's aluminum? Everything that's functional is machined? These things are pretty tough/robust? I'll check out your reviews as well.

So there's an inner magwell that's aluminum? Everything that's functional is machined? These things are pretty tough/robust? I'll check out your reviews as well.
Yup! I’ve run mine for over a year now at matches with no issues. It’s got one of if not the best folding mechanism in the business if you want a folder. Chassis are gonna be a personal preference for sure, but it’s definitely not lacking in quality compared with MDT, MPA, etc.

Reactions: Undrgrndprdcts
Yup! I’ve run mine for over a year now at matches with no issues. It’s got one of if not the best folding mechanism in the business if you want a folder. Chassis are gonna be a personal preference for sure, but it’s definitely not lacking in quality compared with MDT, MPA, etc.
I would like a folder. These just look so well designed.

The delrin bag rider is. The only polymer ones shown in the link are standard injection molded, rather than the milled delrin one I have.
Ooooh I see what you meant. I was reading “delrin” as any sort of poly/plastic generic material.

Last edited:
Took my 223 AI out to South Dakota for some prairie dog shooting. Shooting mostly 60gr Sierra TMK loads @ 3360 fps and 40 gr VMAX fireforming loads @ 3800 fps. With sustained winds at 15-25 and gusts up to around 30 mph, shots 500 yards and out were interesting!

Zermatt Origin Action
26" Criterion 1-8 twist in 223 Ackley
Trigger Tech Special
KRG Whiskey 3 w/Enclosed Forend
Gen II Razor 4.5-27
ARC Rings
Accurate 223 Mag
Atlas CAL Bipod that never was used
Vortex Carbon tripod

p3RxUKF.jpg

xyVXL58.jpg

99cU1cB.jpg

Is the Whiskey forend longer than the bravo/xray? Trying to decide between doing like Hennig did or keeping it simple by just changing the forend out on a bravo.

Is the Whiskey forend longer than the bravo/xray? Trying to decide between doing like Hennig did or keeping it simple by just changing the forend out on a bravo.

They’re the same length and interchangeable. If you want more length, enclosed fore end or spigot.

Hi guys,

Can people with the folders please assist me. I'm trying to find out if there are any issues with the hinges over time. Any movement or slop in them in the locked position as they wear, any at all? I just don't like wobbly stocks but a need a folder.

Cheers

Reactions: TacticalPlinker
Hi guys,

Can people with the folders please assist me. I'm trying to find out if there are any issues with the hinges over time. Any movement or slop in them in the locked position as they wear, any at all? I just don't like wobbly stocks but a need a folder.

Cheers
Interested as well.
From a design standpoint, the unique KRG double hinge method should theoretically isolate the upper locking hinge from torsional stress. Making the design more resistant to loosening up over normal use.

Disclaimer : I'm not an Engineer, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night 🤪

Reactions: Mrindecisive