• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

KRG Whiskey 3 Chassis-Let's See Them

Swamplord, that thing looks beastly. Can you please explain a little bit more about the 375 Mjolnir? What kind of speeds are you getting with the 350 SMK (I assume)? Does the 500 Jeffery have the same bolt face as a 338 Lapua?

Very cool build there.

Also, you have some very beautiful country in your photos. It is definitely one of my to do's to make it up to Alaska

Justin

Last edited:
Thought I would share a couple of mine as well, right after duracoating.

Tikka T3 .308. Vortex Viper PST 6-24x50 FFP, Roedale precision bolt handle, AI magazine. Ken farrel base and rings. RPS bipod.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1384557387.713348.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1384557387.713348.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 152
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1384557420.180859.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1384557420.180859.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 140
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1384557526.360118.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1384557526.360118.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 122

So after few months of waiting it is already here Ready for shooting season 2014

Better pics will follow when better weather comes

MoreHERE

Martin

Need to correct you little bit :) Yes, it is the first Czech KRG bult :D but mag pouches were not included - I had to bought them by myself :( pouches HSGI - the only ones which are suitable for Sa58 assault rifle and AICS - so I am able to use my war belt for both disciplines :D Love it... but love KRG more :D

Just finished this up, Whiskey 3 Gen 4 chassis cerakoted in Flat Dark Earth.

After messing with some of the earlier gen chassis, this latest one is an improvement for sure IMO. I could see myself having one of these one day.

Branden
1397387_364348570369058_1433173558_o.jpg

Looking good Branden, what do you charge for the full coating? You can pm me if you prefer. There wasn't a ton of changes to the gen 4 but the noticeable one was being able to move the lower leg forward, and the hinge design changed on the folder so that you can use the left side thumb shelf. By the way the nut that clamps the cheek posts is backwards. The nipple points out...
Justin

The FDE W3 is enroute back to me and will be home next week. Once I get everything back together and some rounds down range, I will post some pictures and a range report. There are many companies to publicly thank for their great products and customer support and KRG and Custom Gun Coatings are two of them.

Last edited:
8233120813_0951d7fd84_c.jpg

Does anyone know anything about this gun?

What are the specs and who assembled it?

Looks to be remington 700 action, KRG gen 4, KRG bolt knob, Surefire muzzle brake, Leupold ERT mil/mil with locking turrets

Ever see a Tikka 300WSM in one of these chassis? They say any short action but I haven't seen or heard from anyone that has done it.

That is Caylen Wojcik from Magpul Dynamics in that pic. I don't know who did the action work, but we had done a special mount for side rails (that became standard) and a special mounting point for a rail in front of the magwell (again, now standard). P03 is correct that it's a gen 2 chassis, an early one even as we made the mount changes mid production. He's running gen 4 stocks now which he used to win the Oregon Sniper Challenge. If you asked him he would provide details on the build I'm pretty sure.

We get questions on the WSM from time to time, there's no reason that it won't work that we can think of. You'd have to use the WSM specific AICS clone mags I suppose, but unless some weird feeding glitch happened, it should work fine.
Justin

Justin,
Will you be offering a larger cheek piece or the Victor type in the future for the gen4?

Anyone been running a buttstock bag on their W3C? Before I went out and bought one figured I would see if anyone has found one that works well or at least knows of what doesn't. Appreciate the input.

Thanks,

I'm using bean bags from Red Tac. Works great. Any type of beanbag works great actually.

Hey guys, we will have the updated grippy cheekpiece ready here in a few weeks or so as a direct fit for all gens. Separately we will have a kit to add lateral adjustability and this kit can be used with the Victor Co cheekpiece if you prefer that cheekpiece to our new one. On some generations we couldn't get the lateral adjustment but haven't found it absolutely necessary. Thanks,
Justin

Hey guys, we will have the updated grippy cheekpiece ready here in a few weeks or so as a direct fit for all gens. Separately we will have a kit to add lateral adjustability and this kit can be used with the Victor Co cheekpiece if you prefer that cheekpiece to our new one. On some generations we couldn't get the lateral adjustment but haven't found it absolutely necessary. Thanks,
Justin

This and an optional polymer forend or polymer panels would get me into another W-3

The enhanced cheekpiece will come standard on all stocks when it's ready (not the overmolded grippy version). The X-ray forend will be for sale individually and will shave 13oz off the W3 at the expense of less mounting positions and it's not quite as comfortable in the hand.
Justin

Looking forward to both the cheek piece and the Poly forend. The alloy is a bit chilly in MN winter, and I do not utilize most of the mounting points now.

The enhanced cheekpiece will come standard on all stocks when it's ready (not the overmolded grippy version). The X-ray forend will be for sale individually and will shave 13oz off the W3 at the expense of less mounting positions and it's not quite as comfortable in the hand.
Justin

13oz is huge. Do you know what an MSRP will be for that yet? You guys are really impressing me lately.

11B, I can't remember exactly but it will be under 100 I think, well under I think but we haven't got exact figures yet.
Scout- Oh boy that is quite a pack there. Good looking rifles for sure! Looks like you guys could almost have a Whiskey-3 only match, haha.

FYI we did find that the grips will tolerate 250 deg F for a 10 minutes and possibly longer. Also SAC was able to cerakote grips by using slightly lower heat for longer time.
Justin

Finally getting around to posting a few pics of my Tikka T3 Varmint .223 in KRG's Gen 4 W3C, Vortex Viper HS/LR 4-16 XLR, SDN-6 Suppressor. Absolute Tack-Driver! I absolutely love this stock and dealing with Justin and everyone else at KRG has had to be one of the most pleasant experiences I have had. Preaching to the choir I know...

Attachments

• DSC00008.jpg
    DSC00008.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 69
Thanks! The picture with just the rifle was in Toppenish Wa (trust me that pic makes toppenish look a lot better than it is), the other one is in Chelan Wa and Chelan is absolutely gorgeous. Both are Eastern Washington, 3-1/2 hours East of seattle and pretty much the closest place I have found to shoot at distance around here.

image.jpg

Two more hacks to mine:

Pachmayr Basketweave pad, rem wood stock prefit a little long but should help bridge the gap between having it adjusted up for prone and down for offhand. Also noticeably lighter.

Magpul RVG cut down for a more ergonomic grip/hook. Small enough profile for the mounting area to not interfere with rotation of QD swivels.

Here's a few pics of my Tikka Varmint Stainless 204 in a KRG Gen 4 Whiskey 3 Chassis

u7u7e2e5.jpg

a2abydah.jpg

apuva4a2.jpg

Guys I'm curious.. I've got a couple m995 rifles.

Is there any special bottom metals or bedding of any sort involved with swapping an action/barrel out of a current "stock" and dropping it into a KRG? I'm seriously thinking of ordering one of the Gen4's with folder for mine (if it in-particular works for the m995) I'd like to know what is involved to switch to this chassis.. what extra parts/peices do you need when ordering one of them?

These are some excellent lookin' rigs.. really like that digital/sitka-pattern one posted awhile back, and the copper/black one as well! Very very catchy.

Is there any special bottom metals or bedding of any sort involved with swapping an action/barrel out of a current "stock" and dropping it into a KRG? I'm seriously thinking of ordering one of the Gen4's with folder for mine (if it in-particular works for the m995) I'd like to know what is involved to switch to this chassis.. what extra parts/peices do you need when ordering one of them?

No, it's a drop in, bolt and go system. The only adjusting you might have to do is with the magazine well and thats covered in the instructions, and its loosening and tightening existing bolts. However, I've never had to do that with both of mine.

P03 is correct, you don't need anything else for the 995 apart from an AICS magazine in 338 LM CIP length. The 995 stock is a little more involved due to having the middle action screw, but it's still pretty easy to install. After we sell the remaining 995 chassis there probably won't be any more. Thanks,
Justin

P03 is correct, you don't need anything else for the 995 apart from an AICS magazine in 338 LM CIP length. The 995 stock is a little more involved due to having the middle action screw, but it's still pretty easy to install. After we sell the remaining 995 chassis there probably won't be any more. Thanks,
Justin

Justin,

How could I place an order for one to fit my 995..? I'm in Canada. Would there be any of them "in-stock" anyplace (here) or do I order direct through KRG, or how exactly??

Also, is it a Gen4 or which exactly that is left remaining to fit these 995 actions?

Rooster, yeah you'll have to go through a dealer there. I don't think any have the 995 version in stock though. We have them here so it wouldn't take long to get. They are gen 4's yes.

agbm, looking good, what's your thoughts on that rubber barrel dampener thing. I always wondered about those.
Justin

The mount is a DNZ one piece 30mm high. It works really well and they're reasonably priced.
-Dustin

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk

GA Precision 6.5 Creedmoor
Badger Ordnance M2013
KRG Whiskey 3

Attachments

• M2013-web.jpg
    M2013-web.jpg
    811.1 KB · Views: 120
KRG W3 Gen3
Badger M2013 Action
Chanlynn Barrel - 30Cal (308WIN)
X-Treme Mod22 Trigger
Surefire Brake
SPUHR Mount
Premier 5-25
Burnt Bronze Cerakote

Attachments

• KRGW3SH.jpg
    KRGW3SH.jpg
    432.6 KB · Views: 230
  • KRGW3SH1.jpg
    KRGW3SH1.jpg
    352.9 KB · Views: 194
  • KRGW3SH2.jpg
    KRGW3SH2.jpg
    352.9 KB · Views: 159
Last edited:

These are some excellent lookin' rigs.. really like that digital/sitka-pattern one posted awhile back, and the copper/black one as well! Very very catchy.

I have a Gen 3 fixed and Gen 4 folder both on Sako M995 actions, it is a drop in and go, you do not need any of the parts from the TRG-S stock

Rifle specs...

My "Alaskan Beast" rifle chambered in my 500 Jeffery based wildcat
"338 Wolverine"

Sako M995
KRG Whiskey 3 Gen. 4 folding chassis
33" 9.5 twist 5R fluted Sendero contour Benchmark barrel
Benchmark "Muscle" Brake
custom made to fit Sako M995 40 moa stainless picatinny base
Nightforce 34mm ultra light rings
Nightforce ATACR 34mm 5-25X56mm rifle scope
16 lbs total as described above including 1 empty 5 rnd mag, (with Harris bi-pod 17 lbs)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    257.2 KB · Views: 144
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    244 KB · Views: 140
Reactions: JCARL