• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

KRG Whiskey 3 Chassis-Let's See Them

That's a normal Sako TRG front half, with the KRG conversion for the buttstock.

Anyone know the current back order on these? I am thinking about getting a build going for one of them. I really like the spigot mount and how close to the barrel that lets me get an atlas bipod.

Well... please allow me to join you guys in this thread. I got some new shoes for "Long Leg"... and so far I am loving it!

Gonna do something with the color... I'm leaning on bi-toning it.

Mmmm... I love the way it looks folded

Here is a pair of them I just finished up.

Badger M2008 Action, Obermeyer 8.4 twist MTU in 6.5x47L, KRG W3 Gen 2 folder, Jewell trigger, 3-18 FFP IOR, Atlas V8, and Badger FTE brake. Action barrel, and brake all finished in Ion-Bond. I don't know if I'll keep this one. I just like building them more than shooting at this point.

Similar setup, but in 6.5 Creedmoor with a Brux 8.5 twist MTU, the stock is a Gen 3 fixed, Huber trigger and USO 5-25 SN-3. This one is already spoken for.

I recently got my KRG Whiskey 3 chassis. I absolutely love it!! I recieved mine 2 weeks before a competition and did fairly well at the comp with it (really well for me).

I was instantly comfortable with my chassis, even though I said I would <span style="font-weight: bold"> NEVER</span> get a chassis, because I just didn't like anything on the market. I handled one of the Magpul Dynamics guys at a competition one day and thought, hell that isn't that bad.

I am just curious to see who and how many people out there are running these bad ass chassis's on their rifles. Here are some pics of mine.
d1dd3738.jpg

a5882da6.jpg

ec93e829.jpg

9e8d9bc4.jpg

af3b7443.jpg

UP..........

Here's mine:

-Remington 700 .338LM
-20 MOA steel TPS picatinny rail
-Jewell trigger
-Custom muzzle brake

Now I'm waiting for an Atlas bipod

20130504125408.jpg

20130504125436.jpg

20130504125540.jpg

Wait a second, unless I'm mistaken that looks like my rifle that I'm waiting on getting back from Mark at Short Actions Customs who sent it to you for a custom paint job? 7WSM Surgeon RSR with Premier 5-25 Gen 2XR. Short-bus it looks great, thanks.

When can I get it back?

Last edited:
That would be it. Its on its way right now.

Branden
Wait a second, unless I'm mistaken that looks like my rifle that I'm waiting on getting back from Mark at Short Actions Customs who sent it to you for a custom paint job? 7WSM Surgeon RSR with Premier 5-25 Gen 2XR. Short-bus it looks great, thanks.

When can I get it back?

I know.. I know.. same dang rifle, but I just wanted to say this chassis feels pretty freaken good, and I love it!
My work is done with this baby.

I find the spigot is very stable but looks pretty naked without the imuns on top!!!! Just waiting on Justin to send me the spacers...I'll post a pick once its complete..

They'll take awhile to get to you but they're ready to go.

There are some great looking rifles in this thread!

When was it sent? Soo anxious to get them!!!!!!
Then my project will be complete.
Has anyone else got a EFR fitted to their whiskey?

Brian

When can I get it back?
Lucky!!! That is one sweet looking piece of kit!!!

As promised, some pics with the EFR mount and the new Kryptek hydro-dip.

FAD742A2-D309-4CDE-B311-AD30EDC84EBF-100-00000000956D8260_zpsbe855396.jpg

0C18B827-E203-48CB-9A4B-F1439830B0B2-100-000000008C13F85A_zpsaa4f3c60.jpg

3FAE2246-CEDB-445A-89A5-E4BA5C2E71A0-100-0000000080E88E18_zpsdfbea8b4.jpg

I machined adapters for my EFR, reworked the EFR I had, and had tacticalsupplier.com perform the hydrodip.

This chassis is growing on me more and more! My big question though is.... with so much less material in the rear of the stock does it make your rifle feel unbalanced? Front heavy?

Sorry if this has been asked before. Actually, buy the looks of the chassis I bet it's asked quite often.

This chassis is growing on me more and more! My big question though is.... with so much less material in the rear of the stock does it make your rifle feel unbalanced? Front heavy?

Sorry if this has been asked before. Actually, buy the looks of the chassis I bet it's asked quite often.

Mine doesn't feel front heavy at all, the balance point is right in front of the magazine well where the pic rail is mounted. I also have a 20" barrel so someone with a longer barrel might have different feedback.

Just got my chassis, went to attach the sling, no front forend attachment point? One under bipod but no good thereTalking flush cups. Does the stock come with a attachment point normally?

Initial impressons, welly happy!

Cheetdi

Just got my chassis, went to attach the sling, no front forend attachment point? One under bipod but no good thereTalking flush cups. Does the stock come with a attachment point normally?

Initial impressons, welly happy!

Cheetdi

You should have the holes on each side of the forearm for the flush mount QD plates (sold separately) to be installed.

Welcome to KRG

the grippy cheekpiece kit is the DEAL that was my only complaint with mine was the small cheek piece

Great looking rifles guys! Matt that new dip camo is very intriguing, it's starting to show up more and more. I don't know how it will fare as a an overall business and pattern but it does look nice on the rifle.

Mark Gordon builds nice rifles guys. The best group I've ever shot was with the Tikka .260 he built for Zak Smith's article on the T3/Whiskey-3.

We have several reasons for not including a QD mount up front. People want different things and there would be a definite cost factor. None of the reasons are to try to sell sling mounts, some companies practically give away their main product and make insane margins on accessories but we make very little on the accessories (nor do we have high margins on the stocks themselves). I won't get too detailed about our approach but for us it's about having a "system".

As some of you know, we've been working on a new cheekpiece for some time. It has taken longer than we had hoped to get it just the way we wanted so the Victor Co cheekpiece kit was the best short term solution. It may be the long term solution as well but we think we're making progress on our own cheekpiece.

Thank you all again for your business. It's really cool to see these types of threads. We're continuing to work on new tweaks, enhancements, and accessories to make the Whiskey-3 optimally suited for each person.
Justin

Massoud, will you have any more of the stocks coming into Australia in the near future for the 700 SA?
I have heard about mass backlogs with the move and all.

It would be great to get my hands on one.

Regards

Simon

Simon, it depends on your definition of soon. Both our chassis dealers in AUS have them on order (Delta Tactical and Cleaver Firearms), if all goes well those should be headed out within 3-4 weeks.

Scimitar, AW mags do work although only the custom actions can take them. The Badger setup that we have here is used with AW mags and it's the same magwell as a Rem700 chassis.

agbm, I don't see a pm from you if you meant me that you sent a pm to.
Thanks guys,
Justin

Well my M2013 action is finally at Chads getting barreled up for my W3 that has been sitting in the gun vise since December (iirc).

17" MTU .308 and a 22" 7-08 MTU on the way... now just to get it over here to Aus :)

Hennig that sounds scarily similar to my 2008, lol its a great system you should love it.