• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

KRG Whiskey 3 Chassis-Let's See Them

here are the Sako M995 twins ......

338 Wolverine on left with Gen 4 folder and
375 Mjolnir on right with Gen 3 fixed

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    367.5 KB · Views: 153
Not sure, but I'll find out for you.

It's a shame that the Gen4 was released before I got to use my Gen3, but that's the downside of having a big wait for the receiver and an even bigger wait to get the rifle over to my side of the planet.

Was tossing up whether to do the chassis in FDE or mate Highland Green, but I think I'm liking the black as it is :)

Not sure, but I'll find out for you.

It's a shame that the Gen4 was released before I got to use my Gen3, but that's the downside of having a big wait for the receiver and an even bigger wait to get the rifle over to my side of the planet.

Was tossing up whether to do the chassis in FDE or mate Highland Green, but I think I'm liking the black as it is :)
That brings another question from me... what color is the metal work on this rifle?

Looks good! I have a barreled action coming in for burnt bronze. Maybe I'll mix in a couple cc of armor black and see how it comes out.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Dang Shortbus, you are probably going to be getting one of my x-ray's for paint when I get it in. I really like the brown flectarns on your site.

Hennig, my Longrifles Tikka is actually going to look a lot like yours when I bolt it up in my W3 that's on it's way!

I absolutely love this chassis. I torqued to 41 inch lbs for both screws and shot this group with my new barreled action bolted in. The ergo's and quality of the W3 is excellent.

My gorgeous SAC built 6.5CM on Tikka T3 Action with a KRG chassis. Got it together right before Shot Show. Put a few rounds downrange since. It's been fun so far but its not even close to being broken in. More shots to come as the weather gets nicer. It was snowing yesterday in Wisconsin. The guys at KRG are amazing to deal with and obviously the products speak for themselves. I need to get an Xray next.

griffin1_zps51dbb86e.jpg

griffin2_zps2dffdd3a.jpg

My gorgeous SAC built 6.5CM on Tikka T3 Action with a KRG chassis. Got it together right before Shot Show. Put a few rounds downrange since. It's been fun so far but its not even close to being broken in. More shots to come as the weather gets nicer. It was snowing yesterday in Wisconsin. The guys at KRG are amazing to deal with and obviously the products speak for themselves. I need to get an Xray next.

griffin1_zps51dbb86e.jpg

griffin2_zps2dffdd3a.jpg

This is not helping me wait.....what's your overall weight as she sits right now?

hahaha that's great to hear you like it, it was a long time coming but I think it's way more comfortable than the older one.

11B-B4 that sure is a nice looking rig. There's some extremely nice looking finished rifles/stocks in this thread.
Justin

Is that one of the hard oven bake finishes like cerakote?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

IMG_7590.JPG

Tikka T3 Varmint
20" barrel with factory thread.
.308 Winchester
KRG WT-3 generation 4. (one of very few in Sweden)
ASE UTRA SL5 Suppressor (OAF)
ATLAS bipod
EGW 20MOA picatinny rail
Nightforce steelrings
Vortex Viper PST 6-24x50 MRAD
Aluminium bolt shroud

Now I just need to stockpile some pretty dang good ammo.

Last edited:
IMG_7590.JPG

Tikka T3 Varmint
20" barrel with factory thread.
.308 Winchester
KRG WT-3 generation 4. (one of very few in Sweden)
ASE UTRA SL5 Suppressor (OAF)
ATLAS bipod
EGW 20MOA picatinny rail
Nightforce steelrings
Vortex Viper PST 6-24x50 MRAD
Aluminium bolt shroud

Now I just need to stockpile some pretty dang good ammo.

Would you please weight the rifle and post weight?

If I get a hold of a half decent scale, I will weigh it and post the figures.
All I can say right now is that it is lighter than my Remington 700/AICS AX combo, but not as light as I was hoping for.
With that said, I am still extremely pleased with this rifle.

I asked this over on the KRG X-Ray thread, but since the backbones are the same, and there are many more current owners over here (as opposed to aspiring owners like me in the X-Ray thread) I thought I would ask a question.

I'm really loving the CG Jackson triggers I've installed in some of my rifles, and I intend to use them in more rifles in the future. Does anyone know if there is enough room to drop in a CG Jackson trigger into a KRG Chassis? With or without the safety (since it seems to widen the trigger body somewhat getting the optional safety)?

Thank you!

They sent us a 3D model of the trigger body and it fits but it did not have a safety on it. Worst case you may have to remove a bit of material from the stock but it looks doable.

As an aside relating to Whiskey-3 weight, those looking to go lighter and have a Rem 700SA or T3 can swap out the forend for the X-ray forend and save 13oz, putting the fixed W3 close to 3.5lbs from 4.4.

Thanks,
Justin

Justin,

I now have a Gen 4 Whiskey 3!! I think I have had every generation with the exception of Gen 1.

Is the X-Ray forend available for purchase yet? I think I will be contacting you to pick up one of the X-Ray's.

Matt

As an aside relating to Whiskey-3 weight, those looking to go lighter and have a Rem 700SA or T3 can swap out the forend for the X-ray forend and save 13oz, putting the fixed W3 close to 3.5lbs from 4.4.

Thanks,
Justin

When will this be available to order?

-pd

Hey guys, sorry I forgot to mention this, it will only be a week or two before we get the forends up on the site for purchase. We them ready to go mostly. Thank you,
Justin

Hey guys, sorry I forgot to mention this, it will only be a week or two before we get the forends up on the site for purchase. We them ready to go mostly. Thank you,
Justin

For guys like me one the other side of the Atlantic ocean. Is the forends available for purchase?

I get this question alot, so I made a guesstimation and will say that it is right around 6kg or 13,2 lb.
Add another 0.8 kgs or so for the suppressor and bipod.

Tikka T3 KRG Whiskey 3Gen

And this is my setup:

Tikka T3 308Win
KRG Whiskey 3Gen
Deon March FX 5-40x56
Spuhr 4701 mount
3rd Eye Tactical Evo bipod

Hope you like it

Martin

Attachments

• 1378019_10201632273399935_4825129385484455309_n.jpg
    1378019_10201632273399935_4825129385484455309_n.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 171
  • 10176153_10201608403963214_7742336866071888147_n.jpg
    10176153_10201608403963214_7742336866071888147_n.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 181
  • 10154015_10201608403723208_4517376821886016966_n.jpg
    10154015_10201608403723208_4517376821886016966_n.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 144
And this is my setup:

Tikka T3 308Win
KRG Whiskey 3Gen
Deon March FX 5-40x56
Spuhr 4701 mount
3rd Eye Tactical Evo bipod

Hope you like it

Martin

Well damn!!
That rifle looks more like an artillery piece to me. Impressive.

Here is the latest Whiskey 3 of mine. I love this rifle!!! It is a Benchmark worked over Rem 700, in 6.5 creedmoor, 22" barrel, weight without suppressor, was right at 13#!!

It is now cerakoted in Sniper Grey (shitty Iphone pic is kind of grainy)

What tripod do I keep seeing on this thread? I have been looking for one and really like the one in a couple rifle pics in this thread.

Here is the latest Whiskey 3 of mine. I love this rifle!!! It is a Benchmark worked over Rem 700, in 6.5 creedmoor, 22" barrel, weight without suppressor, was right at 13#!!

It is now cerakoted in Sniper Grey (shitty Iphone pic is kind of grainy)

What barrel contour is this?

Is there any way to adapt the x-ray fore end for the Badger m2013 in-letted W3?

Last edited:
I think Justin mentioned that the Remington fore end is the same as the Badger, or at least that is my hope as I have one sitting in a box that I need to install soon...

-pd

I hope that's the case. Need to shed and save as much weight as possible. Even if it doesn't work I'm still gonna buy the W3 for the badger.

Sweet! I will give you guys a call on tuesday and order a W3!