• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Large Round Bolt Knobs?

Southern Custom

Master Engraver
Minuteman
  • I'm looking to change the bolt knob on my Bergara HMR Pro. While I've never used or tried one, it's always seemed to me that an oversized sphere would be a nearly ideal shape for running a bolt fast. Anarchy Outdoors is about the only option for this gun without doing some surgery and machining threads on the stock bolt handle.
    Anyone else out there have experience running a large smooth ball knob and any downside to it?

AI owners have been running them for years

20200516_130812.jpg

Unless the bolt handle is arc swept I think you’ll hit your scope on a R700 footprint with a big ball knob.

Ive got the ptg ball on a rem 700 with a straight bolt handle and I didnt think I would like it when I got it but I actually really do after using it.

Without knowing your thread pitch, you may check this site out.

I have an Ultimatum Deadline that I absolutely love. I didn’t think I’d like a big round bolt knob ( :rolleyes: ), but I do.:eek:

I have an Ultimatum Deadline that I absolutely love. I didn’t think I’d like a big round bolt knob ( :rolleyes: ), but I do.:eek:

Same. I like this action more and more every day.