• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Larue, LMT & LWRC...

K_4c

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Oct 13, 2008
    Nebraska
    3 of a kind (ironically they all start with the letter "L")... Just picked up my LMT MWS today (still need some glass). Seems to be a pretty good build. However, the OBR does feel a little more refined. I'll follow up with a range report when time allows...

Still waiting on my TBAC 30-BA that is trapped in NFA/ATF hell (going on 4 months from pending).

2emh2jn.jpg

Re: Larue, LMT & LWRC...

Nice collection:)

How heavy is your OBR?

In what ways is the OBR more "refined"?

very nice looking rifles k4c. very impressive collection. any ideas of what glass you are going to put on the LMT? also, what barrel did you get on the LMT?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: trident1982</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice collection:)

How heavy is your OBR?

In what ways is the OBR more "refined"? </div></div>

OBR is roughly 9.6 lbs

Slight machining marks on the lower receiver (right by the mag release) and the action does not feel silky smooth like my OBR (slight hesitation from when you charge the rifle to the bolt locking into the chamber.... perhaps a new buffer spring is needed... we will see). Overall, the build quality of the LMT is good.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: elfster1234</div><div class="ubbcode-body">very nice looking rifles k4c. very impressive collection. any ideas of what glass you are going to put on the LMT? also, what barrel did you get on the LMT? </div></div>

I'll stick with a 1-4x (perhaps another Mark 4 or Trijicon Tr24). Thinking about heavy metal 3 gun down the road....Barrel is factory 16" CL... may SBR the lower and send it in to get cut. A 6.5 creedmore barrel is certainly on my radar. That's the beauty of the MWS (many options).

My LMT upper to lower is crazy tight where you really need to damn near clamp the two together just to get the pin in. Think it is safe to say LMT MWS battle rifle is more like a TANK rather than a CADILLAC.

Nice looking rifles. Looking forward to your report / first shots.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: K_4c</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: trident1982</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice collection:)

How heavy is your OBR?

OBR is roughly 9.6 lbs

Slight machining marks on the lower receiver (right by the mag release) and the action does not feel silky smooth like my OBR (slight hesitation from when you charge the rifle to the bolt locking into the chamber.... perhaps a new buffer spring is needed... we will see). Overall, the build quality of the LMT is good (I have seen better: LWRC REPR and OBR).
    </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: elfster1234</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My LMT upper to lower is crazy tight where you really need to damn near clamp the two together just to get the pin in. Think it is safe to say LMT MWS battle rifle is more like a TANK rather than a CADILLAC.

Nice looking rifles. Looking forward to your report / first shots.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: K_4c</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: trident1982</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice collection:)

How heavy is your OBR?

OBR is roughly 9.6 lbs

Slight machining marks on the lower receiver (right by the mag release) and the action does not feel silky smooth like my OBR (slight hesitation from when you charge the rifle to the bolt locking into the chamber.... perhaps a new buffer spring is needed... we will see). Overall, the build quality of the LMT is good (I have seen better: LWRC REPR and OBR).
    </div></div> </div></div>

Yeah, not a big fan of that ether... I will say for the price, it is a well made semi. I have high hopes of this rifle being an MOA rifle (I read up on Griffins post and the ill accuracy results he was getting). I have faith she'll be a shooter. LMT just needs to offer adjustable gas blocks and then I'll be happy (suppressed shooting may over gas this unit... may need a heavier buffer as well).

Very nice pile of guns. Now you just need to add a JP to that pile and you'd be set for life..............well, atleast another couple months.

Gun ADD is a real issue...

I still have a couple bolt guns to sell if that itch needs to be scratched (ha). I'd prolly go with a RERP again....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WILongRange</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Very nice pile of guns. Now you just need to add a JP to that pile and you'd be set for life..............well, atleast another couple months. </div></div>

Then it would be time for a GAP-10.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WILongRange</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Very nice pile of guns. Now you just need to add a JP to that pile and you'd be set for life..............well, atleast another couple months. </div></div>

Yes. Something like this...

DSC_0768-1.jpg

I get my LaRue 18" in two days...I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas morning. I actually took the day off work just so I can mount my Vortex Razor HD, AAC suppressor adapter, and spend the day at the range.

Excellent collection. Is that an ADM mount on the LWRC? Which one is that? Thanks.

Nice little collection. I'm waiting for the new LWRC M6 IC to come out. I'll be all over that one

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigBoss0311</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Excellent collection. Is that an ADM mount on the LWRC? Which one is that? Thanks. </div></div>

yes sir it is....AD Recon mount... here's a link for ya...

http://www.americandefensemanufacturing.com/view/product/5/

thanks much

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Truckman11</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice little collection. I'm waiting for the new LWRC M6 IC to come out. I'll be all over that one </div></div>

that IC is going to be a pretty slick piece of kit... I may look at one down the road (allow time to work out any teething problems) but right now my A3 runs as good as the day I bought her. I highly suggest the LWRC 5.56 platform to anyone.

Got my Larue 18" and installed all the accessories I had waiting for it...range trip and report this Saturday. As for the weight, it is 15.5lbs as it sits in the pic below (still lighter than my 308 bolt gun).

OBR2_zpsa8960a85.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: QuietM4</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Got my Larue 18" and installed all the accessories I had waiting for it...range trip and report this Saturday. As for the weight, it is 15.5lbs as it sits in the pic below (still lighter than my 308 bolt gun).

OBR2_zpsa8960a85.jpg
    </div></div>

let us know if that can F's with the rifles accuracy (vise versa as well).

nice set up