• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

LaRue OBR with new Batteline Industries S.A.P.R CTR stock attachment

Christopher Rance

CR2 Shooting Solutions
Minuteman
Our team was looking at shedding some weight from our OBR's with PRS stocks so we contacted Josh over at Battleline Industries in regards to the S.A.P.R Stock attachment mod for Magpul stocks.

We didn't care for the CTR w/ RISR because you still had to build a cheek rest on top of the damn thing because of the scope height on the OBR. We can't run low rings due to issues with other add on equipment.

Also, if you had to use Irons, the stock sit to high to use them.

With the S.A.P.R stock, the vertical adjustment was built for use with the OBR and if you need to use your irons, simply pull up on the risr and throw it to the side and your now inline with your irons.

I also like the ability to adjust the rear of the stock to get a better shoulder placement when running with armor.

Check them out @ http://www.battlelineindustries.com...&category_id=5&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=1

Specs for Larue 20" OBR:
14.9 lb Unloaded
16.3 lb Loaded with 20 rounds 175gr Pmag

40.2" fully collapsed
43.6" Fully extended
rbhdvo.jpg

25q3ale.jpg

2k1qjd.jpg

Last edited:
Not sure on the exact spec of height, but it can be adjusted. Its not even maxed out on the OBR so you have the ability to be at normal stock height to well beyond what is needed for a rifle such as an OBR. I just have some grip tape on it to help with sweat and grip.

That looks mighty innovative. Is it all milled aluminum? What is the length of pull range?

How much weight saving is this set up?

I have to ask the same question... How much weight are you really shedding between the PRS and the CTR with the S.A.P.R.?

Hey Guys, lots of questions here, hopefully this helps.

Battleline Industries S.A.P.R. (Stock Attachment Precision Rifle) (Magpul variant) Was designed to transition between three separate sight planes in one product utilizing the rotating cheek piece.

Specs:

6061 machined aluminum / Mil-spec Type III class 2 anodizing

Weight: 12 oz

Cheek rest can adjust up to 1.5 inches in height. S.A.P.R. adds 2" length of pull and will fit on all six of Magpul's collapsible stocks.

with a Magpul CTR and a Battleline Industries S.A.P.R. total weight with stock is 1lb 4oz. PRS is 1lb 14oz, you are saving 10 ounces of weight, not to mention you can now collapse your stock.

Check us out!
Battleline Industries - American made combat products

Now shipping S.A.P.R.'s for Magpul stocks

Also check out Rainier Arms for your S.A.P.R. needs.
Rainier Arms™ | Manufacturer

Thanks guys,

Josh Paquette
Owner
Battleline Industries

Hey Guys, lots of questions here, hopefully this helps.

Battleline Industries S.A.P.R. (Stock Attachment Precision Rifle) (Magpul variant) Was designed to transition between three separate sight planes in one product utilizing the rotating cheek piece.

Specs:

6061 machined aluminum / Mil-spec Type III class 2 anodizing

Weight: 12 oz

Cheek rest can adjust up to 1.5 inches in height. S.A.P.R. adds 2" length of pull and will fit on all six of Magpul's collapsible stocks.

with a Magpul CTR and a Battleline Industries S.A.P.R. total weight with stock is 1lb 4oz. PRS is 1lb 14oz, you are saving 10 ounces of weight, not to mention you can now collapse your stock.

Check us out!
Battleline Industries - American made combat products

Now shipping S.A.P.R.'s for Magpul stocks

Also check out Rainier Arms for your S.A.P.R. needs.
Rainier Arms™ | Manufacturer

Thanks guys,

Josh Paquette
Owner
Battleline Industries

Perfect! Thanks Josh!

Have one on my MK12Mod1 as I had the same problem with the rings having to be too high and not having a good site picture/cheekweld when shooting from the sitting and prone. Works well, and while it actually added weight as it was an add-on to the LMT SOPMOD and not a replacement, the weight difference is negligible.

I only have 2 complaints (more 'wants' than anything). 1 - Either offer something to go over the cheek-rest (just like improvised above) and make it a more matte finish; mine is shiny. Secondly, I wish that there was either a 'half' cocked setting to the rotation of the cheek-piece. Unless I am missing something, the only options you have are height and then as far as rotation, you only have the option of either directly in line with the stock, or 90 degrees to the side. Would love to see the option to having it be able to rotate and stop somewhere between the 2, and then be able to go to the 90 degree setting.

I just went to the Rainer Arms website to order one and got this message-

"PREORDER SPECIAL

LIMIT 2 PER CUSTOMER

Orders will be processed immediately and ship when products come in stock. If there are multiple items on your order, your order will partially ship on what's available and the SAPR will ship at a later date."

Is this actually in stock somewhere? I tend to have bad luck waiting on preorders to get filled.

Thanks!

I just actually placed an order with them tonight. I sent them an email about 2115 Eastern...
I have seen several Magpul SAPRs in the wild now, I'm on the verge of switching my AR back to Magpul and ditching the SOPMOD...are the Magpul models shipping yet? It indicates "a later date" still on that page. Thanks in advance.
and got a reply 2122 Eastern saying that...
yes, they are shipping now.

Aristotle Bartolome
Rainier Arms, LLC - "Taking the AR15 to new Heights™"

I placed an order for an ACS-L and SAPR and a new trigger thereafter. We will see when it ships and will update...all my items showed In Stock FWIW.

Hey Guys,

We will be doing a lighter weight version of the SOPMOD S.A.P.R. by the end of April and try to get it down to where the Magpul S.A.P.R. version is (12 oz). We currently still have a few Gen 1 SOPMOD SAPR's in stock (17.5 oz) if you still want to try a S.A.P.R. and have a B5 Systems/LMT SOPMOD stock on your rifle.

http://www.battlelineindustries.com...&category_id=5&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=1

Thanks for the business Gentlemen!

Josh Paquette
Owner
Battleline Industries

If you want to add something to the stock, then use moleskin. I have used it on sniper rifles and AR platforms. Dark in color and relatively inexpensive-and easily replaced. And can be used for a lot of other things also.

I ordered mine from RA last week also. I will have to play with the mole skin, that sounds like a good idea. Right now I just cover mine with tape.

very cool product, will definately have to order one soon. would be nice to take the PRS off my gap 10 and get some more adjustability

I got mine unboxed and installed last night. Here are my initial thoughts.

Pros-

- The vertical adjustment is great. It actually has more adjustment available then is necessary to get proper cheek weld on the OBR. Even with the RISR I had on there before, I had to build up the cheek area in order to get a proper cheek weld. Not the case with the SAPR.

-It gives more adjustment options then a CTR/RISR combo. The height of the cheek piece, height of the but-pad attachment and the cant of the but-pad attachment can all be adjusted independently. It adds more options on the adjustment and is going to take some time for me to play with to see what I like.

-The charging handle easily clears the cheek piece. One of my complaints with the RISR was the added spring pressure it adds when one is manipulating the charging handle. A 7.62 rifle adds a longer pull with the charging handle then a 5.56 rifle already and the added resistance from the RISR is manageable, but annoying when cycling it while in position behind the rifle. The SAPR eliminates this.

-Sturdy. When I was looking at this, I talked to some guys with much more operational time behind a precision rifle then I have and one of the concerns was whether there would be flex in the cheek piece when you get down on it. The cheek piece is very sturdy when you are in position and I did not feel any flex when behind the rifle. Other then one issue (see below), this entire piece of equipment is very solid and nicely milled. Once everything is in placed and torqued down, it does not feel like it is going anywhere.

Concerns-

-As stated before, a more matte finish would be nice. I will be painting the rifle once I have it setup the way I want, so this is not a concern, but for those that cannot due to policy, or who do not want to paint their rifles, this may be a concern to them. A flat matte anodizing, or other matte finish would be preferred on the setup.

-When not under load, the cheek piece rattles. I am not a designer or engineer, but it seems to me that if the locking lug and notch were more V shaped and stronger springs were used, this would not be an issue. When the cheek is on the gun, this is not an issue and the cheek piece is solid. When no load is on it though, the cheek piece moves and rattles around a bit. Being just enough "old Army" that one of the PCC/PCI's that I do it put on my gear and jump/move around a bit to see if anything is clanking or making noise, this cheek piece is easily the loudest part of my rifle. I am unsure at this point if it is a HUGE deal for the intended role of the rifle (LE DM), but I will be shimming the cheek piece in place. This is not a HUGE deal, but paying what I feel is a premium ($200 for a part of a stock) I do not think it should be something the customer should have to fix.

-It adds a bit to the length of pull of the stock. Maybe an inch or so. This is not an issue for me as it fits perfectly when fully collapsed (in addition to the CTR/SAPR combo, I have one of the enhanced Magpul but-pads on the stock) when I am wearing armor and one click out without armor. It may be an issue for someone with a smaller stature though.

Overall thoughts-

I am very happy with this setup. For MY needs, I would prefer a model that the cheek piece does not rotate over out of the way. It provides nothing for MY needs and only serves to complicate the stock, increase manufacturer cost that gets passed on to the customer and by eliminating this it would eliminate the biggest complaint I have about the stock (the wiggle and rattle the cheek-piece has when no pressure is being applied to it). The cheek piece is a big improvement over the RISR and the adjust ability is a big improvement over every other collapsible stock out there that I know of. MY preference would be for a model that does not flip-to-the-side to get a more solid/cheaper/lighter option (heck, I would actually pay more for that), but others may see value I do not in those features. Some may be squeamish about the cost. $200 for a sub-assembly of a stock is up there, but when going on a rifle that is north of $5000 to start with (including optics and accessories), to me it is worth it and is something I would purchase again if I bought another OBR.

More information to follow after I shoot it a bit.

I got mine unboxed and installed last night. Here are my initial thoughts.

Pros-

- The vertical adjustment is great. It actually has more adjustment available then is necessary to get proper cheek weld on the OBR. Even with the RISR I had on there before, I had to build up the cheek area in order to get a proper cheek weld. Not the case with the SAPR.

-It gives more adjustment options then a CTR/RISR combo. The height of the cheek piece, height of the but-pad attachment and the cant of the but-pad attachment can all be adjusted independently. It adds more options on the adjustment and is going to take some time for me to play with to see what I like.

-The charging handle easily clears the cheek piece. One of my complaints with the RISR was the added spring pressure it adds when one is manipulating the charging handle. A 7.62 rifle adds a longer pull with the charging handle then a 5.56 rifle already and the added resistance from the RISR is manageable, but annoying when cycling it while in position behind the rifle. The SAPR eliminates this.

-Sturdy. When I was looking at this, I talked to some guys with much more operational time behind a precision rifle then I have and one of the concerns was whether there would be flex in the cheek piece when you get down on it. The cheek piece is very sturdy when you are in position and I did not feel any flex when behind the rifle. Other then one issue (see below), this entire piece of equipment is very solid and nicely milled. Once everything is in placed and torqued down, it does not feel like it is going anywhere.

Concerns-

-As stated before, a more matte finish would be nice. I will be painting the rifle once I have it setup the way I want, so this is not a concern, but for those that cannot due to policy, or who do not want to paint their rifles, this may be a concern to them. A flat matte anodizing, or other matte finish would be preferred on the setup.

-When not under load, the cheek piece rattles. I am not a designer or engineer, but it seems to me that if the locking lug and notch were more V shaped and stronger springs were used, this would not be an issue. When the cheek is on the gun, this is not an issue and the cheek piece is solid. When no load is on it though, the cheek piece moves and rattles around a bit. Being just enough "old Army" that one of the PCC/PCI's that I do it put on my gear and jump/move around a bit to see if anything is clanking or making noise, this cheek piece is easily the loudest part of my rifle. I am unsure at this point if it is a HUGE deal for the intended role of the rifle (LE DM), but I will be shimming the cheek piece in place. This is not a HUGE deal, but paying what I feel is a premium ($200 for a part of a stock) I do not think it should be something the customer should have to fix.

-It adds a bit to the length of pull of the stock. Maybe an inch or so. This is not an issue for me as it fits perfectly when fully collapsed (in addition to the CTR/SAPR combo, I have one of the enhanced Magpul but-pads on the stock) when I am wearing armor and one click out without armor. It may be an issue for someone with a smaller stature though.

Overall thoughts-

I am very happy with this setup. For MY needs, I would prefer a model that the cheek piece does not rotate over out of the way. It provides nothing for MY needs and only serves to complicate the stock, increase manufacturer cost that gets passed on to the customer and by eliminating this it would eliminate the biggest complaint I have about the stock (the wiggle and rattle the cheek-piece has when no pressure is being applied to it). The cheek piece is a big improvement over the RISR and the adjust ability is a big improvement over every other collapsible stock out there that I know of. MY preference would be for a model that does not flip-to-the-side to get a more solid/cheaper/lighter option (heck, I would actually pay more for that), but others may see value I do not in those features. Some may be squeamish about the cost. $200 for a sub-assembly of a stock is up there, but when going on a rifle that is north of $5000 to start with (including optics and accessories), to me it is worth it and is something I would purchase again if I bought another OBR.

More information to follow after I shoot it a bit.

Thanks Scimitar2 for the initial evaluation and taking the time to post it here on the hide, I really appreciate it! In regards to your concerns with our product we hear you loud and clear.

With the finish we did our best to tumble all the aluminum parts before they were anodized to give them a matte finish and the cheek piece is coated with a nylon and unfortunately it comes out glossy. People have been recommending Mole skin or some other type of stick on material to absorb sweat and cover the glossy finish.

With the cheek piece bounce, we find that if you pick up the roto-block by the serrations on the side that the cheek piece is attached to and snap it upwards vertically once or twice the spring resets inside and reduces the travel where you are getting the slight rattle. This was a concern of ours as well and before each one is package we make sure the springs are holding the roto-block tightly by doing what is described above as a QA check to make sure we don't have a bad spring.

Overall we are glad you are happy with the product, please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns. Also, if possible could you send us pictures when you have it all set up?

Thanks again,

Josh Paquette
Owner
Battleline Industries

Mine just came in on Sat. I will get it mounted up this week and see how it is. I love the one I have for the SOPMOD and I am not a huge fan of Magpul but this will help. The weight is less the the first version and the Magpul I will be going with is the STR and it is light too.

By using the Magpul over the SOPMOD I can use a monopod under the stock.

I am not super concerned about the shine. Like I said, I will scuff it up and paint it one of these days.

I tried the snapping-the-stock-to-set-the-spring several times with no change. I am going to try to put a small strip of adhesive backed rubber inside the "V-block" and see if that helps with the rattle. Looking at the setup, adding an extra machine step and drilling/taping a hole down through the "V-block" and into the stock so a set screw could be inserted locking everything in place should not be too hard and would eliminate this issue.

I like everything about this setup except the movement of the cheek piece, especially considering the price.

What sort of pictures would you like and do you want them posted here, or sent to your email?

Thanks Scimitar2 for the initial evaluation and taking the time to post it here on the hide, I really appreciate it! In regards to your concerns with our product we hear you loud and clear.

With the finish we did our best to tumble all the aluminum parts before they were anodized to give them a matte finish and the cheek piece is coated with a nylon and unfortunately it comes out glossy. People have been recommending Mole skin or some other type of stick on material to absorb sweat and cover the glossy finish.

With the cheek piece bounce, we find that if you pick up the roto-block by the serrations on the side that the cheek piece is attached to and snap it upwards vertically once or twice the spring resets inside and reduces the travel where you are getting the slight rattle. This was a concern of ours as well and before each one is package we make sure the springs are holding the roto-block tightly by doing what is described above as a QA check to make sure we don't have a bad spring.

Overall we are glad you are happy with the product, please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns. Also, if possible could you send us pictures when you have it all set up?

Thanks again,

Josh Paquette
Owner
Battleline Industries

Thanks Scimitar2 for the initial review on our S.A.P.R. for the Magpul stocks, I really appreciate the feedback. I have sent you a PM in regards to the pictures.

Thanks
Josh

I really like mine (Magpul version on a UBR) and now have several of them. Tried it this weekend and was very impressed. I ended up drilling a hole in the Magpul buttpad so I could access the the buttplate adjustment screw without having to remove the pad. Would be cool if Battleline would add a narrow access slot to Magpul buttpads (enhanced and regular) to allow access to all three mounting holes for those that might be more active in making adjustments. A+ in my experience.

Last edited:
i am going to sapr Battleline Industries on my repr ....when it comes in the mail .....i have ubr stock with this ,the cheek weld will be spot on by looks !

I've recently put this set up on my Predatobr, also replaced the RAT stock with a Magpul. I like the system quite a lot, get a real solid cheek weld with it. I put moleskin on mine so my cheek doesn't slip off the riser, also covers up the shiny finish.