• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Larue PredatOBR 6.5 Creed (Proof)

8541recon

Jim
Minuteman
Apr 8, 2012
Utah
www.facebook.com
I got tired of waiting for the Match bbl to replace the field bbl (although I know guys have been getting good results with the field bbls). I am going to glass it this weekend, and get it out to Sniper Country next week. It went together nicely (just needed a low-pro gas block because of the tOBR rails).....now lets see if it runs/shoots......

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 32
Reactions: WoobieJ
Very nice! Was wondering when I would start to see LaRues popping up in different calibers.

sent from Jennifer Lawrence's bedroom

Very nice! You didn't happen to weigh that barrel before install did you? I've been looking at the Proof barrels as well and would love to get an idea of the weight difference between a 20" Proof CF and a SS 20" 6.5 Creed. Awesome set up though!

Very curious to hear the results! Please keep us updated.

Very nice! You didn't happen to weigh that barrel before install did you? I've been looking at the Proof barrels as well and would love to get an idea of the weight difference between a 20" Proof CF and a SS 20" 6.5 Creed. Awesome set up though!

I will weigh it (complete rifle) to get an idea.

I'll say what no one else has said . . . very nice! I'll be really interested to see how your Proof Research barrel does.

Waiting for Range/Target report........

I am planning on being out at the range on Saturday. If the wind is good, I will try to put down some groups at distance. We have steel from 100-1800y, but I will get some paper punched as well. Hopefully it will be one nice clean 5-shot hole at 100....

I am pretty sure it will shoot well, just hope it runs good too.

Sorry but PredatOBR is just a fucking stupid name. Sounds like PredaGOOBER.

Sorry but PredatOBR is just a fucking stupid name. Sounds like PredaGOOBER.

Haven't thought about it that way. It is clever how they got to that name, but the result is not equal to the sum of it's parts in this case (cool name). Although, I really don't care what it is called as long as it rings steel!

A few pic's from shooting yesterday. I just got back to the casa, but I will try to do a quick write up this week. I need to do a few more things, for justice, but so far so good. I want to get a few more rounds through it, but was able to lay down a couple groups in sub 1/2 moa and a few that were closer to 3/4 of bi-pods and a rear bag. Push it out to 1k on a 10" plate and was getting pretty good hits there as well. Again, I will write up some more when I have a bit more time to go through the magneto and measure some groups, etc.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=702722936459394&set=pcb.702724536459234&type=1&theater

8541recon -

I'll likely be picking up my PredatOBR on Monday. I am seriously considering doing up a 6mm Creedmoor barrel for it. Did you just cannibalize the barrel nut that shipped with the original barrel? If so, were you able to do it in such a way that you could re-assemble the original barrel assembly for use if desired?