• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

LaRue Tactical, Good or Bad?

Re: LaRue Tactical, Good or Bad?

troll_fail.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: T2CH</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I see nothing but red x's. </div></div>

Look, look with your special eyes.

I have real special eyes and still see just red x's...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Goin'Hot</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: T2CH</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I see nothing but red x's. </div></div>

Look, look with your special eyes. </div></div>
He asked for help on how to get the pictures uploaded. I will try to get them up in a moment. Just got the e-mail and have not opened yet.

Still no invoice or receipt showing the caliber as it came from Larue.

ok .. I see that it is a LaRue ... can someone tell what caliber it is?

You can see it is limited to a AR-15 caliber choice. Its not a .308 body.
So it would be nice to see if the barrel is stamped 6.5

Sure would like to see that invoice...because right now at best it looks like he bought both a OBR 556 and a Predatar 556 and swapped the barrels to me.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Poison123</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sure would like to see that invoice...because right now at best it looks like he bought both a OBR 556 and a Predatar 556 and swapped the barrels to me. </div></div>
1++++++

Boltripper-- how can you tell ... not that I doubt you ... I just can't see it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BOLTRIPPER</div><div class="ubbcode-body">its a .260 NATO..........

super secret squirrl stuff i spouse </div></div>

betcha he would trade for that glock......betcha

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: strangedays</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You can see it is limited to a AR-15 caliber choice. Its not a .308 body.
So it would be nice to see if the barrel is stamped 6.5 </div></div>

Regardless, the Grendel does not run in the AR10 platform.....

The barrel appears to be a heavier profile than a stock PredatAR with a Surefire muzzle brake. The bolt face appears larger than a 5.56 varient. Still no proof that the work wasn't done after the purchase.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: strangedays</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You can see it is limited to a AR-15 caliber choice. Its not a .308 body.
So it would be nice to see if the barrel is stamped 6.5 </div></div>

Regardless, the Grendel does not run in the AR10 platform..... </div></div>
I understand that. I was saying that it could be because it was not the .308 body.

I can't tell without perspective that is why I am wondering how boltripper can tell that it is a .260

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kevlars</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I can't tell without perspective that is why I am wondering how boltripper can tell that it is a .260 </div></div>
I think he was being sarcastic.

Just by looking at the mags in his case..... if they are C-Products mags that is.

The blue follower does indicate 6.5 Grendel as mine are just like that. But I have never seen a 20rd version. My 30rd versions are blue.

Not saying it is or isn't. But I dont think the caliber was done at Larue....

I don't get why Mark would use a Saturn barrel when Lothar Walther (The barrels that LT uses on their guns) makes a 6.5 barrel.

I wish Mark would make a 6.5G as I'm sure it would be a good rifle.

In his other post he said how he built his rifle. Why would he build one then have Larue build his others?

"one for a duplicate 6.5 Grendel AR" The other is a bolt rifle and he said he built them. So all the Larue stuff is a proven lie at this point. What a sad little man.

I don't think he is from this country, so I doubt he can even own a rifle at all much less buy one direct from Larue. Here are some great comments he made. I want the money he was willing to bet. He needs to pay up since he has placed his foot in his own mouth. I guess first impressions are right
smile.gif

"I could not agree more about time at the range. I built two rifle and off I went to OR to learn to use them."

"As I have purchased both scopes within the last 60 days, I am not married to them and I have heard both good and bad things about both. I am going to buy to more scopes, one for a duplicate 308 bolt gun and one for a duplicate 6.5 Grendel AR and I am not certain if I should buy duplicate glass of consider other glass. So I thought this would be a good place to get good feedback."

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: procovert45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Tool or liar,not sure yet. </div></div>

The answer is "all of the above."

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kevlars</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mmm Very strange indeed ... I have not heard of LaRue building a custom rifle G 6.5. not to say it is not possible but very unlikely. My experience with LaRue is that he likes to stay within his comfort zone.

Very strange days.

Can you supply pictures of said rifle as I know a few people on this board would love to have similar builds. And if you can supply pictures can you include the stamp on the chamber that shows the caliber and manufacture -- I would cover up or blur the serial number.

Cheers !! </div></div>

Kevlars,

Since you asked politely initialy, check the galley. Note that all of the items listed on the invoice are on the gun.

regardless of your PM, I felt it proper to do as I said I would when you asked.

I am disappointed that the assumptive, rude, impatient, and simply incorrect response that occur on this forum.

And for the record, my parents where poor when I was born and could not afford singing, driving, or spelling so I did not get thous options. Please forgive my poor spelling.

Thank you for the help explaining to me how to post pictures.

http://gallery.me.com/jdblackwell#100005&view=grid&bgcolor=black&sel=0

Guys, how about we ignore this fuck-face?

He is in his Mom's basement, Astroglide at the ready.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I suggest you end the games now, and either post up the pictures of the Larue rifle and the receipt (how does anyone know whether the work was done after the fact) and move on or we'll end your stay before it goes too much farther down this path.
</div></div>

Lowlight,

It is disappointing that you scold me and let other be so rude. I played games not. I called out an individual that was incorrect and insulting and ask him to put his money where his mouth was. Maybe that was ill advised, that I give you.

I did not post this thread about Grendels. I wanted to know if other people have had trouble with LaRue rifles from recent purchases. Old experiences are not of as much interest. I tried to ask in a non leading, polite manner. Someone else brought Grendels in to the tread and it lost direction to the know-it-alls. I wonder if the real issue here is the LaRue name.

As you asked.

Strabgedays, it wasnt based entirely on a single 5 shot group. If you read my post you would see that it was also based on many online reviews. Fact of the matter is my group wasnt an anomoly. The owner laid down 4 more 5 shot groups in the 3's after mine. A thrid person shot it after us and opened up to the .4's but he is not used to semi's. So clearly that rifle had it going on! And there are many similer reports. BUT the one my buddy got is struggling to get under the .7's so far. Both the owner and myself shot smaller groups with my EMC then eiter of us did witht the OBR. Could be ammo, could be just that day, who knows. The point was that despite many good results, Ill pass due to the poor experience with the people over at LT on his purchase.

Don't worry buddy we'll verify it. Thats the digital copy right?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KNIGHT11B4</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JamesDale</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JamesDale</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Poison123 said:
Errr wait....Larue built you a 6.5 Grendel......Sorry but I've got to call bullshit on that if thats what your saying. </div></div>

Poison123

What does "call bullshit " mean? If you mean to say that you do not believe my statement, I am suppressed as we do not know each other. If you are certain of your "call bullshit ", would be willing to make a wage? Say $10,000.00 or a nice custom rifle? GAP or Surgeon maybe? </div></div>

I will bet you that you don't own a Larue rifle built by them in their shop in 6.5 Grendel. Because they offer 223 and 7.62 rifles only.

</div></div>

And what would you like to bet? [/quote

Ill bet you all my internet cool points.. and yea I have a lot.

Just post the pics if you actually have them, your digging a hole you cant fill. </div></div>

Knight11BA,

I would be happy to accept some of those "cool points". Clearly I can use a few. I hope I do not need them all. Send what you feel I need.

Thanks.

All I can say is grow up .. and honestly it took way to long to produce that paperwork and is suspect. Until I hear it from LaRue I for one am not buying it. As anything can be replicated these days.

As for an applogy its you that owes this whole group an applogy for wasting our time. I for one am here to learn and ask questions not to try to feel good about the products I own. If I buy something and its good ... I will buy another. Not go and ask a community on what they think.

You get nothing here, not from me. Go fish somewhere else your integrity is blown with me.

Im out.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 997/2man</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Guys, how about we ignore this fuck-face?

He is in his Mom's basement, Astroglide at the ready.

</div></div>

997/2man

Please, Thank you. Maybe then people who want to be helpful will comment.

All we can see is a barrel that is not standard. There's no invoice matching with what you say. There's ZERO proof still that it's a Grendel or that it was built by LaRue, so you've proven nothing except that you owned a PredatAR.

The fact that this thread is on its 4th page, Good or Bad?

BAD!! Whatever happened to not feeding the Troll?
smirk.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Poison123</div><div class="ubbcode-body">*Breaks out the Popcorn* </div></div>
And it is fun to see how far they go trying to prove how (wrong) they really are.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Poison123</div><div class="ubbcode-body">*Breaks out the Popcorn* </div></div>

Shit is about to get real real....real quick......lol

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: strangedays</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Poison123</div><div class="ubbcode-body">*Breaks out the Popcorn* </div></div>
And it is fun to see how far they go trying to prove how (wrong) they really are. </div></div>

Oh its way way WAY better than that with the intel that has been received
smile.gif

Dale, you are the one that stated that ML built you a Grendel rifle; the burden of proof lies with you.

And for god's sake; either learn proper english, proper typing skills, or both. Your postings are absolutely painful to read.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: plong</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The fact that this thread is on its 4th page, Good or Bad?

smirk.gif
</div></div>

plong,

I have asked I do not seem to get an answer. What is a troll

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JamesDale</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: plong</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The fact that this thread is on its 4th page, Good or Bad?

smirk.gif
</div></div>

plong,

I have asked I do not seem to get an answer. What is a troll </div></div>

"Troll" was defined for you earlier in this thread - if you bothered to read it.

Jim G