• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

LaRue Tactical, Good or Bad?

Re: LaRue Tactical, Good or Bad?

The LaRue rifles are great weapons.

what ever you do buy an adjustable gas system set up. especially if you plan on using a suppressor.

No interest.

His fanboys are located on another board.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Downzero</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No interest.

His fanboys are located on another board. </div></div>

We need a "Like" button.

Posting 4 "Good or Bad" threads at once with no real direct question about the equipment... bad... lol

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JamesDale</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am wonder what other people thoughts are about LaRue Tactical Rifles? Anyone have any bad or good stuff happen? </div></div>
Why don't you search this subject and see how much love on this forum you will find for Mr. MArky mark.

Never shot one but I handled one....sure looks and feels like quality.Reviews I have read are favorable but expensive.
Just curious why the Larue hate ????

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: QuietShootr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Downzero</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No interest.

His fanboys are located on another board. </div></div>

We need a "Like" button. </div></div>

You sir just got a double LIKE:)

He makes a quality rifle and mount...that said, it's far from the greatest and the fanboys and zealots he solely and purposefully cultivates is beyond repulsive.

Thus far, the only product he makes that is best in class that I've found is the LT724 T-1 offset mount for running secondary optics.

ADM and Bobro make every bit as good of a mount if not better, and do it the classy way, however they don't give you any chessy swag or dildo dust
grin.gif

I have an OBR with an 18" barrel and several other LaRue accessories. I love it!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: trident1982</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
ADM and Bobro make every bit as good of a mount if not better, and do it the classy way, however they don't give you any chessy swag or dildo dust
grin.gif
</div></div>

What's wrong with free swag? I've ordered a couple of things from Larue (PEQ-2 mount and a bipod mount) but I didn't really get anything great besides a bumper sticker that made me chuckle enough to put it on my car, but if he would have thrown in a hat I'd probably be a customer for life!

I believe I answered a similar question recently on this forum, but here goes.

I initially had problems with my 16" 7.62 OBR. LaRue addressed them and my rifle now runs like a sewing machine. A friend assigned as a sniper on an adjacent county special weapons team carries an 18" OBR. He has had no problems and said he is very pleased with his.

From my experience, buy an OBR and don't look back.

Good luck.

Joe

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Exhogflyer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Never shot one but I handled one....sure looks and feels like quality.Reviews I have read are favorable but expensive.
Just curious why the Larue hate ???? </div></div>
Seriously? After your post count you still don't know the wrap on Larue?
Google his name and this site, see you in five hours after reading the Larue buzz.
If you need some fanboy support there is plenty on Barfcom for Larue fans. They need the love and support after they have typed so much larue love their fingers are bleeding
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Joe Curnarski</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I believe I answered a similar question recently on this forum, but here goes.

I initially had problems with my 16" 7.62 OBR. LaRue addressed them and my rifle now runs like a sewing machine. A friend assigned as a sniper on an adjacent county special weapons team carries an 18" OBR. He has had no problems and said he is very pleased with his.

From my experience, buy an OBR and <span style="color: #CC0000">don't look back</span>.

Good luck.

Joe </div></div>
Ignorance is bliss

Forgive my ignorance, Seems some people are saying they do not like Mark LaRue? Is that the point or is the product not accurate and reliable and a value?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DocBach</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: trident1982</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
grin.gif
</div></div>

What's wrong with free swag? I've ordered a couple of things from Larue (PEQ-2 mount and a bipod mount) but I didn't really get anything great besides a bumper sticker that made me chuckle enough to put it on my car, but if he would have thrown in a hat I'd probably be a customer for life! </div></div>

Nothing really wrong with it except the fact that it's most certainly not free....he charges a premium on everything he makes and sells. A large part of that premium besides his massive ego is to cover all the meat seasonings, bumper stickers, and beer openers.

That said, it's rather ingenious to some degree given that his fanboys feel damn special when they get a Xmas spec. ed. Dildo dust with their order, and thereby spend hundreds, if not thousands more dollars in the future due to the fact that they got a small container of meat seasoning that costs less than a buck for free from the cult leader himself...Mark Larue
grin.gif

Are you sure your not just stirring the pot here? Larue Tactical is a very taboo topic on this site. Type it into the search engine and you will see what I mean.

Directed at op....

How is Larue taboo, we have no policy about them and can frankly careless what anyone says. Those who were around when mark came on SH and made an ass of himself will remind people about it, but otherwise, there are plenty of posts about Larue Tactical products. The fact people associate the assinine behavior he portrayed to choosing to buy another product doesn't mean it is taboo. Just means he won no friends here with his 3 page rant.

There is no LT policy or taboo, we frankly don't care what is said good or bad. Its pretty simple. it's a manufacturered drama.

The LT rifles are excellent rifles.
Accurate, Reliable, Warranty... all Good!

LL, with respect because I think you have a hell of a site here with an unparalleled amount of information being exchanged, I think the point is that it seems that folks with low post counts are rolling in on a regular basis and firing up this same issue. It seems pointless and detracts from the legitimate topics being covered. That being said, I read the whole thread so I guess that says something too. If its manufactured drama then let's stop manufacturing and move on.

Disclaimer: I have an OBR and really like it. I also know an employee there but not Mark.

whistle.gif
...BAM!
<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fUTDU3Zj6I0"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fUTDU3Zj6I0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

New people are prone to asking the same questions that are asked 100x times before, the issue is saying a topic is taboo when clearly it is not. We don't go around editing or deleting threads about the subject, and he is given a much fairer shake here then he affords me in return. I have removed all discussion of companies who did far less to me than Mark has personally. I don't harbor any ill will towards him despite all of it.

His rifles in my experience shoot. A lot of people on here don't like the man for one reason or another but I can verify that his guns are accurate.

Hell I'm one of the biggest Mark Larue haters on here, and I'll admit the rifles will shoot. Doesn't change the owner of the company is a prick who I won't do bizness with.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Those who were around when mark came on SH and made an ass of himself will remind people about it, but otherwise, there are plenty of posts about Larue Tactical products. </div></div>

I remember this... moderately amusing and very embarrassing for Mark I'd imagine.

He came on here popping off at LL and had no clue that LL owned the site.

That said, I still purchase some stuff from them that I can't find similar elsewhere... and I do like their meat rub. I'd buy on OBR if there weren't GAP-10's and LMT MWS's out there.

The rifles do shoot well, a GAP10 shoots better, has more options, and is cheaper, which is why many chose to recommend them over the OBR for all the reasons I have stated. Had he not done some of the things he has, I am sure I would be shooting an OBR too... but thankfully we have choices and I am happy with the choices in my safe... this means i get to shoot my GAPs, my LMT, my KAC, my IRA, my POFs, all doing the same thing his does with equal or better results.

Well put. And calmly. I guess your point is made. Until the next time this comes up. I am OUT...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How is Larue taboo, we have no policy about them and can frankly careless what anyone says. Those who were around when mark came on SH and made an ass of himself will remind people about it, but otherwise, there are plenty of posts about Larue Tactical products. The fact people associate the assinine behavior he portrayed to choosing to buy another product doesn't mean it is taboo. Just means he won no friends here with his 3 page rant.

There is no LT policy or taboo, we frankly don't care what is said good or bad. Its pretty simple. it's a manufacturered drama. </div></div>

Hello LL, Thanks for the fill in and thanks for the quality site.

May I ask what is with all the comments about making "post counts"? Do you win a new Surgeon Scalpel rifle if you make the most post at the end of the year?

I asked a general question not wanting to bias any feedback.

I do really care for 308 Win gas guns. Not that I have anything bad to say but the 6.5 Grendel gust seem more eloquent to me in a gas gun. As such, I asked LaRue to build me a custom 6.5 Grendel rifle a few months back and the experience has been very good. The first they have made for the public I am told. At 100 yards it is a clover leaf most of the time. Soon I hope to shoot it out to 600 or 800. I may buy another but was wondering if I got lucky or if the guns are a good as I am experiencing and the company touts.

I do apologies if I kicked over a "hornets nest". I have seen some older threads. I ask a new questions because some treads get sidetracked & things change over time. Good companies go bad. Bad companies might get better. New people may have different inside. Old people may have new experinces.

Errr wait....Larue built you a 6.5 Grendel......Sorry but I've got to call bullshit on that if thats what your saying.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Poison123</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Errr wait....Larue built you a 6.5 Grendel......Sorry but I've got to call bullshit on that if thats what your saying.</div></div>

Yeah I am calling BS on this as well. I called a few weeks ago to inquire if they would do a 6.5 Creedmor and they were <span style="font-weight: bold">EMPHATIC</span> and very clear that they only do the OBR in 5.56 and 7.62.

I got to try an OBR and I shot a group in the .3's. I was impressed and had a buddy that was interested in a precision semiauto 308. Told him about my group and many online reviews of the OBR. I helped him flesh out the options. So he bought one. Frankly the customer service sucked. It was a pain in the ass and several of the comments made during the purchase prosece were down right absurd. The other rifle he considered on my recomendation was the GAP 10. Although he likes the rifle, he wishes he went GAP due to this experience. It was a LT customer ending experience.

You get a free bottle opener with purchase. Hard to pass up that deal.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TwoGun</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You get a free bottle opener with purchase. Hard to pass up that deal. </div></div>
Not only that you get some dillo dust, a ball cap a backstage pass to the all mens club (nothing but men in this club with Mr. Marky Mark) Sounds a bit gay if you ask me
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shane45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I got to try an OBR and I shot a group in the .3's. I was impressed and had a buddy that was interested in a precision semiauto 308. Told him about my group and many online reviews of the OBR. I helped him flesh out the options. So he bought one. Frankly the customer service sucked. It was a pain in the ass and several of the comments made during the purchase prosece were down right absurd. The other rifle he considered on my recomendation was the GAP 10. Although he likes the rifle, he wishes he went GAP due to this experience. It was a LT customer ending experience. </div></div>
I had a DPMS LR-308 that shot 0.222 groups of five. This only happend twice but the gun shot under 0.500 all the time. Would I say DPMS is the best rifle to buy because I got a good one, not at all. Lots of them have issues and many of them don't shoot under an inch. So if I based my experiance with DPMS on the one rifle I guess they are the best out there.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The rifles do shoot well, a GAP10 shoots better, has more options, and is cheaper, which is why many chose to recommend them over the OBR for all the reasons I have stated. Had he not done some of the things he has, I am sure I would be shooting an OBR too... but thankfully we have choices and I am happy with the choices in my safe... this means i get to shoot my GAPs, my LMT, my KAC, my IRA, my POFs, all doing the same thing his does with equal or better results. </div></div>
Not trying to butt kiss but the truth is GAP will be a proven shooter. You don't have to worry about what if I get a good shooter like the other brands, when you buy GAP is just shoots good, really good.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JamesDale</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I do really care for 308 Win gas guns. Not that I have anything bad to say but the 6.5 Grendel gust seem more eloquent to me in a gas gun. As such, I asked LaRue to build me a custom 6.5 Grendel rifle a few months back and the experience has been very good. The first they have made for the public I am told. At 100 yards it is a clover leaf most of the time. Soon I hope to shoot it out to 600 or 800. I may buy another but was wondering if I got lucky or if the guns are a good as I am experiencing and the company touts.</div></div>

G.A. Precision, or GAP as it's commonly abbreviated on here, has been making them for a tad longer than Larue if what you're saying is accurate and they are just now making them. If that is correct then why buy a new car(the comparison is to the concept of an AR in 6.5 creed) just because of the brand name when another one has been out longer, would probably have less kinks when it comes out of the box, and has some good people willing to back it up?

Also I have to ask this. Did you make this topic just to reaffirm your faith in your purchase, or was it to insure that your faith in the brand wasn't misplaced?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ArmaHeavy</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JamesDale</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I do really care for 308 Win gas guns. Not that I have anything bad to say but the 6.5 Grendel gust seem more eloquent to me in a gas gun. As such, I asked LaRue to build me a custom 6.5 Grendel rifle a few months back and the experience has been very good. The first they have made for the public I am told. At 100 yards it is a clover leaf most of the time. Soon I hope to shoot it out to 600 or 800. I may buy another but was wondering if I got lucky or if the guns are a good as I am experiencing and the company touts.</div></div>

G.A. Precision, or GAP as it's commonly abbreviated on here, has been making them for a tad longer than Larue if what you're saying is accurate and they are just now making them. If that is correct then why buy a new car(the comparison is to the concept of an AR in 6.5 creed) just because of the brand name when another one has been out longer, would probably have less kinks when it comes out of the box, and has some good people willing to back it up?

Also I have to ask this. Did you make this topic just to reaffirm your faith in your purchase, or was it to insure that your faith in the brand wasn't misplaced?
</div></div>

Dear ArmaHeavy. Thank you for your thoughts.

I asked the question (which seems to have violated some rule) to hear about other peoples experinces. I am new to this type of product and this brand. While not perfect, my experience with the company & rifle have been good so far. I do not have enough general knowledge about the subject nor experience with the brand to have a justified opinion or be certainty about my conclusion. I hoped and expected to hear things that would further my knowledge & understandings. I have no personal emotional investment in the brand, rifle or money spent so I am happy to learn more. Mostly, do they shoot, do they break. what to do and not to do.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Poison123</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Errr wait....Larue built you a 6.5 Grendel......Sorry but I've got to call bullshit on that if thats what your saying. </div></div>

Poison123

What does "call bullshit " mean? If you mean to say that you do not believe my statement, I am suppressed as we do not know each other. If you are certain of your "call bullshit ", would be willing to make a wage? Say $10,000.00 or a nice custom rifle? GAP or Surgeon maybe?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DamnYuppie</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Poison123</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Errr wait....Larue built you a 6.5 Grendel......Sorry but I've got to call bullshit on that if thats what your saying.</div></div>

Yeah I am calling BS on this as well. I called a few weeks ago to inquire if they would do a 6.5 Creedmor and they were <span style="font-weight: bold">EMPHATIC</span> and very clear that they only do the OBR in 5.56 and 7.62. </div></div>

Hello DamnYuppie,

I would offer you the same wage as Mr. Poison123 if you have any interest.

Let me get this right, you come here asking about LaPewp rifles and asking for good or bad, but yet you already have one? Not only do you alreayd have one but you have it in something that no one else does?

Either you are a shill, or you are a fucking troll. Pick one and live with it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JamesDale</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DamnYuppie</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Poison123</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Errr wait....Larue built you a 6.5 Grendel......Sorry but I've got to call bullshit on that if thats what your saying.</div></div>

Yeah I am calling BS on this as well. I called a few weeks ago to inquire if they would do a 6.5 Creedmor and they were <span style="font-weight: bold">EMPHATIC</span> and very clear that they only do the OBR in 5.56 and 7.62. </div></div>

Hello DamnYuppie,

I would offer you the same wage as Mr. Poison123 if you have any interest. </div></div>

Not going to bet you anything I am flat out calling you a liar till you can back up that statement.

The last OBR I have seen was owned by a 10th group guy. The bolt was broke in less then 200rnds.

After he talked to some of the school guys at Bragg, more of the same issue. I do not know if its a single item (bad lot of bolts) or what.

So keep an eye out ofr this is you have a rifle built lately.

John

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: J.Boyette</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The last OBR I have seen was owned by a 10th group guy. The bolt was broke in less then 200rnds.

After he talked to some of the school guys at Bragg, more of the same issue. I do not know if its a single item (bad lot of bolts) or what.

So keep an eye out ofr this is you have a rifle built lately.

John </div></div>

Oh but havent you heard, 5 out 10 of the top rifles in the SOCOM sniper competition were mark's rifles.

Here is the deal with ML. I bought his products when they first came out, beacuse frankly they were the best around. Everyone was running Arms mounts and rails beacuse they were pretty much the only game in town. Mark comes up with a nice product with a solid lockup and RTZ feature. The pieces do not break off like ARMS so its instant sucsees. Spend about a grand or two in his products.

They they stopped inovating. Come up with some neat gimmicks here and there but their base product has not really evolved. They come out with new shit to attach to rails but the same old system. Meanwhile ADM comes out with a product just as good for less price. Bobro comes out with a superior product , around the same price.

Mark decides to blow up ARFCOM and spend oodles in advertising and other gimicks. The fanboys are created here we are. He makes good products but they are grossly overpriced. His mounts still need a tool to adjust, and can be a real bitch to get off sometimes. His rails were the first real quality FF rail, but are still overpriced. In 10 years he has not evolved his system into a better product. Meanwhile, the competetors are stealing his market share, and rightfully so. He will evenualy become the ARMS of 2003.

EDIT : Forgot to add Mark is an asshole. He is a egotistical maniac that blows up anyone trys to challenge his products. He acts like a child when people challenge him and probally hurts his business more by speaking out. He would be smart to shut his fucking mouth and make prodcuts. It would help his bottom line.

I heard that his fanboys took a Chuck Norris Joke Book and changed all the jokes to being Marks name.
"If at first you do not succeed, you're not Mark Larue"
"They once made a Mark Larue toilet paper but it wouldn't take crap from anybody."
"The Great Wall of China was originally created to keep Mark LaRue out. It failed misserably" (At least they tried)
"Mark LaRue is ten feet tall, weighs two-tons, breathes fire, and could eat a hammer and take a shotgun blast standing."

"The Fanboys known as the Horsemen of the Apocalypse actually live in Mark Larue's nutsack"

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: strangedays</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I heard that his fanboys took a Chuck Norris Joke Book and changed all the jokes to being Marks name.
"If at first you do not succeed, you're not Mark Larue"
"They once made a Mark Larue toilet paper but it wouldn't take crap from anybody."
"The Great Wall of China was originally created to keep Mark LaRue out. It failed misserably" (At least they tried)
"Mark LaRue is ten feet tall, weighs two-tons, breathes fire, and could eat a hammer and take a shotgun blast standing."

"The Fanboys known as the Horsemen of the Apocalypse actually live in Mark Larue's nutsack"
</div></div>
-1 to the guys who created this...

Mmm Very strange indeed ... I have not heard of LaRue building a custom rifle G 6.5. not to say it is not possible but very unlikely. My experience with LaRue is that he likes to stay within his comfort zone.

Very strange days.

Can you supply pictures of said rifle as I know a few people on this board would love to have similar builds. And if you can supply pictures can you include the stamp on the chamber that shows the caliber and manufacture -- I would cover up or blur the serial number.

Cheers !!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JamesDale</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Poison123</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Errr wait....Larue built you a 6.5 Grendel......Sorry but I've got to call bullshit on that if thats what your saying. </div></div>

Poison123

What does "call bullshit " mean? If you mean to say that you do not believe my statement, I am suppressed as we do not know each other. If you are certain of your "call bullshit ", would be willing to make a wage? Say $10,000.00 or a nice custom rifle? GAP or Surgeon maybe? </div></div>

I will bet you that you don't own a Larue rifle built by them in their shop in 6.5 Grendel. Because they offer 223 and 7.62 rifles only.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: trident1982</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
grin.gif
</div></div>

Yep. And I'm perfectly happy with my ADM. If I needed a bottle opener, I'd buy one.