• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Laser bore sighter shows high & to right

+50 & Still Learning

Private
Minuteman
Dec 8, 2023
Planet Earth
A newly purchased in the bore cartridge shaped laser shows high and to the right on a scope that has already been zeroed for 100 meters.
Scope is not off because I shot it before putting in the laser and it was hitting correctly.
Anyone have any ideas why the laser is not lining up on target with the reticle at the 100 meters?

I thank those of you who reply in advance.

Yeah as was said, bore sights only are able to give you a rough idea of where it is, there's too many variables for them to be dead on, no matter what type/style you use. I've never found them to be very useful personally. I just look down the bore and line it up and then get one paper and adjust from there but if they help others do it faster then cool.

I have one of the image lens types with the bore spigots, have put me pretty close with most guns, especially for stuff you can physically look down the bore easily they save time and ammunition, even for conventional bolt actions I think it's worthwhile.