• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Laser Dummy Rounds/Target Recommendation

AngryKoala

Old Salt
Minuteman
Mar 30, 2020
Obviously there is no replacing live fire/training but with current ammo prices/availability it is becoming more difficult to get live reps in.

I have snap caps but those only do so much in terms of weapon manipulation without providing feedback on where my "shot" went. A laser system sounds interesting but as with most things the market is saturated and reviews are mixed.

Does anyone have any laser dummy rounds/target systems they have used and liked? Price isn't a concern but product quality is.
Thank you in advance!

I haven’t used this, but I plan on getting one.

It’s an indoor laser dry fire training system. It records your shots/groups, has multiple target styles, and even has a moving target system that you could pair with it. So essentially taking your dry fire training with dummy rounds and making your training measurable.

They are pretty active on Instagram and their customer service email reps are super responsive and helpful.

I use this.

Easy set up and accurate. Good customer service. Draw back is a revolver needs multiple laser bullets $$$$$$

Buy the dry fire books by Ben Stinger. You'll learn how to actually use dry fire effectively without gimmicks.

If you doubt that you can get better without laser targets and a bunch of other expensive crap, read his book and then go look at him shoot on YouTube.

You do need a shot timer with par time function, which anyone who is serious about training should have anyway.

I use this.

Easy set up and accurate. Good customer service. Draw back is a revolver needs multiple laser bullets $$$$$$

I'm a fan of this plus a SIRT pistol (https://nextleveltraining.com/product/sirt-20/). App goes on the phone and you can draw/shoot from the same holster with the "same" pistol.