• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Latest toy for extreme long range coyote, bear rifle. .338 Norma Imp.

Boltfluter

Gunny Sergeant
Banned !
Minuteman
Jan 4, 2012
Haines, Oregon
Hey guys,

This is the latest addition to the collection. Always wanted a big boomer and now I think I have one. LOL. My friend Bill from Idaho Custom Rifles put this together for me. He did an awesome job.

This looks like it is going to be a tack driver. Looking for your favorite load advice. I will be shooting the 300 gn. Berger.

Wonder who did the fluting. LOL.

Regards, Paul

Idaho Custom Rifles.com

Last edited:
Damn. A little heavy for lugging around the mountain, but would be fun to pick-off coyotes at 1000 yards.

My thoughts exactly. It's main use will be for hunting over bait for coyotes way out there. Maybe a long range bear or two when cruising and glassing the clearcuts.

Regards,

Paul

Love that vortex fluting. Almost looks like the old school square bar heated up and twisted

Sharp looking rig .... Don't you guys have a weight limit for hunting rifles in Idaho?

Sendero,

Yes we do. I am in the process of moving to Haines, Oregon so I can shoot this rifle during hunting season. LOL.

Bob,

The dies are coming from Whidden. He makes awesome dies for the cost. About 8 weeks with a couple of fired cases.

Regards, Paul

What powder are you going to use? I have the .338 Norma Improved as well and I'm running Retumbo. I can share some data if you would like to PM me. Mine is a 22" barrel so very short for that round. It's an awesome round! What is your COL?

I was planning to shoot the 300 Berger with H1000 to start with and go from there. Damn why didn't I think to go with the 17HMR. LOL. I have a feeling that our ideas are a little different as to what constitutes long range coyote hunting.

Regards,

Paul