• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Lee Enfield Mk 2AI .308 scope mount?

mk36

Private
Minuteman
Nov 1, 2010
NE WI
Has anyone found a scope mount for one of these "Isha" Enfields? The ATI and SK ones would probably need modification. Mine has the 800m rear sight. I haven't decided on modifications to the stock or an outright replacement yet...the mount may drive this decision.

This rifle is adequate to 300 yds and can do torso targets @ 600 yds if I do my job. I have a little trouble picking up the front blade depending on the sun angle. I don't mind some gunsmithing to fit it as this isn't a collector piece. Thanks in advance for any advice / info.

Re: Lee Enfield Mk 2AI .308 scope mount?

Thank you all for your assistance...I now have several options to select from. I took the Isha out to the range and had fun but the old right eye is getting weaker and focusing an open sight is a bit harder. Time to scope it and now I can thanks to you. The fellow shooters here on Sniper's Hide are the best! Good Hunting

If the eye is getting weaker, eyesight correction may be in order.

For the majority of shooters, eyes become farsighted/presbyopic as we approach middle age, making near objects harder to focus.

If this is the case in your instance, you might try buying a pair of mild corrective reading glasses ('drugstore readers'), to see if this helps with sight picture resolution. That was my solution while I was transitioning to my current optical prescription.

Let us know if you try this and how it works.

If it helps significantly, see an Optometrist and explain what you're trying to do. Most of them are highly sympathetic about helping shooters refine their sighting capacity.

I get mine through the VA Medical System, and have a pair for reading and a pair for distance. I tried bifocals, but apparently my eyes are not compatible with them.

Greg

Accumounts.com has a solution for most any WWII bolt rifle. Haven't used any personally, but I've heard great things about them.