Leica 3200com (edited)

Meety Peety

It's possible
Hessian
Belligerents
Minuteman
Dec 15, 2017
San Diego
This post above may very well be what just pushed me over the edge into ordering a pair of these...
I'm gonna wait and play with yours lol (they seem to be out of stock direct). Looking forward to hearing what your thoughts are on them.

Last edited:

MarinePMI

Ban Cat Handler
Staff member
Commercial Supporter
Belligerents
Minuteman
Online Training Access
  • Jun 3, 2010
    San Diego, Ca
    I'm gonna wait and play with yours lol (they seem to be out of stock direct). Looking forward to hearing what your thoughts are on them.
    TJ's got an older pair at the range at the registration desk. It's what made me go "Hmmm...." when I saw the clarity of the glass. His don't have the BT though...

*Tavman*

Private
    Belligerents
    Minuteman
    Jan 14, 2014
    Washington
    @alsation is this the Leica rep you reached out to? Would be nice to get your 3200's working.
    Hello gents, Sorry I'm late to the party. If any of you are having issues updating the firmware on your Leica COM rangefinder (or if you have any other Leica issues), please feel free to contact me directly at hamilton@leicasportoptics.com or on my cell phone, (843) 532-2472. Please bear in mind that I'm on the east coast, so if any of you western guys try to contact me at the end of your day, it might be the next day before I get back to you. If you don't hear from me by the end of the next business day (over weekends, end of Monday), please ping me again. There's only one of me fielding these issues and I wear a lot of other hats, so I'm not intentionally ignoring you!

alsation

Private
    Hessian
    Belligerents
    Minuteman
    Feb 20, 2008
    Seattle
    @tavman yes, both myself and Derek have spoken w Hamilton via phone when this whole thing started. There is no fix as of yet. I have to say I don’t recommend buying the 3200com if connectivity w the kestrel is a feature you want.

ahboykin

Private
    Belligerents
    Minuteman
    Mar 20, 2010
    USA
    Also, most of the feedback I'm getting now is that after a successful download of the firmware updates is completed, the connection stability and reconnection (after timeout or separation) speed are working great. Distance can still be an issue for some folks though. If you're having problems, please contact me. I'll help in any way I can.

CIB2007

Private
    Hessian
    Minuteman
    Jul 13, 2018
    Amarillo, TX
    Just picked up a Kestrel 5700X and a set of 3200s from expert voice. Has anyone had better luck with the 5700x BT connection since you can adjust the signal strength?

db2000

Sergeant of the Hide
    Belligerents
    Minuteman
    Mar 27, 2020
    Do any of these LRF have compasses?
    What about displaying Elevation AND Wind in LRF display?
    (2400bdx, 2800com, 3500com)

Trying to pick between them. Perfect glass is not top priority. Speed, accuracy, max realistic range distance on steel or deer and most importantly, ease/reliability of BT connectivity with Kestrel 5700 CONX top my list of necessary features.
    My main concern is all the negative experiences linking to the Kestrel, mostly with Leica from what I’ve gathered. If it’s not going to work properly and can stick to my current LRF which works perfectly.
    Thanks in advance 🍻

verdugo60

Sergeant
    Belligerents
    Minuteman
    Jul 6, 2010
    Denver, CO
    Do any of these LRF have compasses?
    What about displaying Elevation AND Wind in LRF display?
    (2400bdx, 2800com, 3500com)

Trying to pick between them. Perfect glass is not top priority. Speed, accuracy, max realistic range distance on steel or deer and most importantly, ease/reliability of BT connectivity with Kestrel 5700 CONX top my list of necessary features.
    My main concern is all the negative experiences linking to the Kestrel, mostly with Leica from what I’ve gathered. If it’s not going to work properly and can stick to my current LRF which works perfectly.
    Thanks in advance 🍻
    i have the BDX 3000 binos. They’re performing well. Glass is not top notch but good enough the Bluetooth stays connected and reconnects pretty well. Also has a native Applied Ballistics
    “ lite” which holds up to 30 profiles and is good out to 800 yards. I anticipate using that for hunting sometimes where I may not have time to turn on and connect the kestrel or might not have it with me.

If the BT issues with the Leica’s are actually resolved I may eventually “upgrade” because I love good quality optics for glassing and spotting.

Some 15X 3200’s with good BT connectivity would be the shiznizzle (cough cough, Leica rep).

Last edited: