• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Leica 3200com (edited)

This post above may very well be what just pushed me over the edge into ordering a pair of these...
I'm gonna wait and play with yours lol (they seem to be out of stock direct). Looking forward to hearing what your thoughts are on them.

Last edited:
I'm gonna wait and play with yours lol (they seem to be out of stock direct). Looking forward to hearing what your thoughts are on them.

TJ's got an older pair at the range at the registration desk. It's what made me go "Hmmm...." when I saw the clarity of the glass. His don't have the BT though...

@alsation is this the Leica rep you reached out to? Would be nice to get your 3200's working.
Hello gents, Sorry I'm late to the party. If any of you are having issues updating the firmware on your Leica COM rangefinder (or if you have any other Leica issues), please feel free to contact me directly at [email protected] or on my cell phone, (843) 532-2472. Please bear in mind that I'm on the east coast, so if any of you western guys try to contact me at the end of your day, it might be the next day before I get back to you. If you don't hear from me by the end of the next business day (over weekends, end of Monday), please ping me again. There's only one of me fielding these issues and I wear a lot of other hats, so I'm not intentionally ignoring you!

Reactions: 338LMAI
@tavman yes, both myself and Derek have spoken w Hamilton via phone when this whole thing started. There is no fix as of yet. I have to say I don’t recommend buying the 3200com if connectivity w the kestrel is a feature you want.

Also, most of the feedback I'm getting now is that after a successful download of the firmware updates is completed, the connection stability and reconnection (after timeout or separation) speed are working great. Distance can still be an issue for some folks though. If you're having problems, please contact me. I'll help in any way I can.

Just picked up a Kestrel 5700X and a set of 3200s from expert voice. Has anyone had better luck with the 5700x BT connection since you can adjust the signal strength?

Do any of these LRF have compasses?
What about displaying Elevation AND Wind in LRF display?
(2400bdx, 2800com, 3500com)

Trying to pick between them. Perfect glass is not top priority. Speed, accuracy, max realistic range distance on steel or deer and most importantly, ease/reliability of BT connectivity with Kestrel 5700 CONX top my list of necessary features.
My main concern is all the negative experiences linking to the Kestrel, mostly with Leica from what I’ve gathered. If it’s not going to work properly and can stick to my current LRF which works perfectly.
Thanks in advance 🍻

Do any of these LRF have compasses?
What about displaying Elevation AND Wind in LRF display?
(2400bdx, 2800com, 3500com)

Trying to pick between them. Perfect glass is not top priority. Speed, accuracy, max realistic range distance on steel or deer and most importantly, ease/reliability of BT connectivity with Kestrel 5700 CONX top my list of necessary features.
My main concern is all the negative experiences linking to the Kestrel, mostly with Leica from what I’ve gathered. If it’s not going to work properly and can stick to my current LRF which works perfectly.
Thanks in advance 🍻

i have the BDX 3000 binos. They’re performing well. Glass is not top notch but good enough the Bluetooth stays connected and reconnects pretty well. Also has a native Applied Ballistics
“ lite” which holds up to 30 profiles and is good out to 800 yards. I anticipate using that for hunting sometimes where I may not have time to turn on and connect the kestrel or might not have it with me.

If the BT issues with the Leica’s are actually resolved I may eventually “upgrade” because I love good quality optics for glassing and spotting.

Some 15X 3200’s with good BT connectivity would be the shiznizzle (cough cough, Leica rep).

Last edited:
As I said above the connectivity issues have been fixed in my replacement pair. Here’s the RRS mount
701A51E9-36E6-46D7-BC48-C3B847CBB605.jpeg

Following this thread will be the root cause for my oncoming sleepless night. And I'm blaming you all for making it so; shame on you! Here I sit, waiting, waiting. and still more waiting; it's driving me nuts. I just returned from the bathroom mirror as I really needed to see if the reflection was me. It was and so I am not six, seven, or eight. But way too many times that. Mine will be here tomorrow.

• Haha
Reactions: Sendero_Man
Leica kill the military discount program its like 15% off MSRP now. What a shame, they would have sold alot more.

Remember Connie Francis? Well one of her biggies gets some play & mods with my theme song right today: "Who's Happy Now." I've printed the site Owners Manual, have Leica's multi-language brief, and will be using this site--and maybe Hamilton too--as I link up with the Kestrel.

Attachments

• IMG_8103.JPG
    IMG_8103.JPG
    536.9 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_8105.JPG
    IMG_8105.JPG
    386.5 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_8106.JPG
    IMG_8106.JPG
    282 KB · Views: 43
BT took an hours frustration; put them away; back to it; five minutes and right into the Kestrel. Getting back to the APP consumed a half-hour and back again to BT another fifteen minutes. All in the game of learning. Just now I'm stuck in extracting ABS rifle entries from the Kestrel to present in the 3200.Com. Earned myself a solid headache so a nap is in order; I'll come back to this after that. Great glass as expected.

Thanks for the kind words Sendero_Man, and thanks for the nudge Doug.

Macmatthews, not sure what firmware update you're referencing. We haven't had one in months. All current products are shipping with their latest respective firmware versions. There was a different firmware update for the 2800 vs the 3200/3500 update, both of which came out at slightly different times late summer/early fall. The background/reason is 3200s and 3500s use the same chip and therefore (usually) one FW update covers both products. The 2800 (being older) has a different chip and therefore gets a different version of the update. When they happen, and its sometimes on a slightly different timeline due to one being finished before the other. Clear as mud? : ) Feel free to ping me directly if I didn't get the point of/didn't satisfactorily answer your question.

The connectivity range is still limited for all 3 products unfortunately, but any other systemwide back and forth communication issues have been resolved as far as we know. If your product is not linking, talking, etc. the way it should, please don't hesitate to contact me at [email protected]. Know that for North American user feedback from customers, I am the main voice to our engineers. So, if you want product management to know something, I'm the one to contact. I can't promise that your feedback/wishes will be made reality, but I can promise you will be heard. Also know that we continue to work on ways to improve our (both future and current) products' functionality for our customers.

Thanks for the kind words Sendero_Man, and thanks for the nudge Doug.

Macmatthews, not sure what firmware update you're referencing. We haven't had one in months. All current products are shipping with their latest respective firmware versions. There was a different firmware update for the 2800 vs the 3200/3500 update, both of which came out at slightly different times late summer/early fall. The background/reason is 3200s and 3500s use the same chip and therefore (usually) one FW update covers both products. The 2800 (being older) has a different chip and therefore gets a different version of the update. When they happen, and its sometimes on a slightly different timeline due to one being finished before the other. Clear as mud? : ) Feel free to ping me directly if I didn't get the point of/didn't satisfactorily answer your question.

The connectivity range is still limited for all 3 products unfortunately, but any other systemwide back and forth communication issues have been resolved as far as we know. If your product is not linking, talking, etc. the way it should, please don't hesitate to contact me at [email protected]. Know that for North American user feedback from customers, I am the main voice to our engineers. So, if you want product management to know something, I'm the one to contact. I can't promise that your feedback/wishes will be made reality, but I can promise you will be heard. Also know that we continue to work on ways to improve our (both future and current) products' functionality for our customers.

Great reply. Being heard and making your products live up to whatever capability was advertised will keep us around even through glitches and evolution of firmwear.

I’m having issues with mine for awhile now (bought one when they were first released) and finally found this thread. I tried to message ahboykin and he hasn’t got back to me. I also emailed him and it says undeliverable to his email address. Looks like I will try and get a hold of someone else at Leica.

I’m having issues with mine for awhile now (bought one when they were first released) and finally found this thread. I tried to message ahboykin and he hasn’t got back to me. I also emailed him and it says undeliverable to his email address. Looks like I will try and get a hold of someone else at Leica.
Sent you a PM re: Hamilton

Me2