• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Leica 3200com (edited)

Same on 3500. No sense paying good money like that for tech that is so temperamental.

I agree, I had a pair on demo and wasted days trying to get 3500 to work, as the fault seemed intermittent. At the moment the technology is too temperamental.

Final part for me was setting them up at home, then travelling 400 miles to have them fail on a hunt..

Glad i didn't buy them and eventually went for the Sig BDX. Glass is not as good in my opinion, but technology is leaps ahead as its so user friendly.

Good to know, I’m considering the Sig BDX as well. If sig did a 15X BDX bino with better glass they would probably rule the market.

If Leica improved their connection issues they would rule.

Swarovski 15 EL’s or SLR’s with a legit laser would also rule.

We’ll see who steps up...

Just an update,
They have confirmed my Geovids had faulty blue tooth and I have also been told there is a firmware update coming in a couple of weeks which should also improve them.
cannot fault the customer service, have been offered a demo pair while mine are away.

I hope this fixes it Sir but I’m not optimistic that it was only yours that had the issue since multiple people are complaining about these having connection problems. Maybe the Leica firmware update will help. If it does I’ll be sorely tempted to get some.

Geovids are on the way back to me, blue tooth issues resolved and firmware updated. Hopefully they are sorted now

Reactions: Wyzrd
Had a chance to get out with the Geovids again this afternoon,
Basically having all the same issues.maybe slightly better, but over a 1 hour period they still froze up once, Bluetooth still drops a fair amount and it’s range is rubbish. They also gave me false holds on a couple of occasions as well, ie I had a range say 430m, kestrel showed correct elevation of 2.5 mill, geovids came up with 42 for elevation? A couple of other times it threw me weird numbers as well. Will be asking for a refund now I think

Had a chance to get out with the Geovids again this afternoon,
Basically having all the same issues.maybe slightly better, but over a 1 hour period they still froze up once, Bluetooth still drops a fair amount and it’s range is rubbish. They also gave me false holds on a couple of occasions as well, ie I had a range say 430m, kestrel showed correct elevation of 2.5 mill, geovids came up with 42 for elevation? A couple of other times it threw me weird numbers as well. Will be asking for a refund now I think
This is bad for you and really for all of us because in a way it closes the door on some really good optics. It's saddening that Leica, Swaroviski, and Zeiss won't do for us "civvies" what they've so well done for the various military and naval forces throughout the world. I'm focusing on the relatively short ranges and simple connectivity (as compared to the jingoistic variety) that we strive to achieve. You'd think they'd realize that there's something in it for them from our endeavors. This conundrum is the barricade that prevented me from taking the plunge for these new 3200s'--that and somebody's elevated wrath level... So I took advantage of a great SH deal here from Doug at CameraLand and gave the Sigs' a try. I sure am happy with mine and it sure is a pleasure to have binocular & range finder in one unit. And a week ago Sunday they out ranged my Terrapin originals; that was indeed a surprise! Hopefully it will work out for you and you might want to give the Sig's a shot.

This is bad for you and really for all of us because in a way it closes the door on some really good optics. It's saddening that Leica, Swaroviski, and Zeiss won't do for us "civvies" what they've so well done for the various military and naval forces throughout the world. I'm focusing on the relatively short ranges and simple connectivity (as compared to the jingoistic variety) that we strive to achieve. You'd think they'd realize that there's something in it for them from our endeavors. This conundrum is the barricade that prevented me from taking the plunge for these new 3200s'--that and somebody's elevated wrath level... So I took advantage of a great SH deal here from Doug at CameraLand and gave the Sigs' a try. I sure am happy with mine and it sure is a pleasure to have binocular & range finder in one unit. And a week ago Sunday they out ranged my Terrapin originals; that was indeed a surprise! Hopefully it will work out for you and you might want to give the Sig's a shot.
Yeah I’m pretty gutted to be honest. Pre ordered them as soon as I saw the release at shot show, not an insignificant amount of money too part with either. The technology is obviously close but it’s not working yet.
cheers and may look into the sigs

I had the original leica hd-b and loved them but they had their limitations.. I sold them intending on replacing them with the 3200 but glad I held off. I think I am just going to get the vortex fury 5000 until Leica gets this figured out.

I'm really glad i came across this thread before buying it. Have you tried it at night (spotlighting or via NVGs)? I don't want to drop 4k and find out it doesn't work well at night.

Sorry no experience with using them at night. Returned my set, awesome kit as long as you are not trying to interface them with a kestrel 😂. I tried two sets, both the same issues. Really poor link, issues reconnecting. And also had the occasional false elevation holds shown in the binoculars but correct hold shown on the kestrel? Weird stuff happening. They will get them sorted I’m sure and Leica are great too deal with. Just not there yet and they are a lot of coin

Sorry no experience with using them at night. Returned my set, awesome kit as long as you are not trying to interface them with a kestrel 😂. I tried two sets, both the same issues. Really poor link, issues reconnecting. And also had the occasional false elevation holds shown in the binoculars but correct hold shown on the kestrel? Weird stuff happening. They will get them sorted I’m sure and Leica are great too deal with. Just not there yet and they are a lot of coin

The whole reason I was going to purchase it was because it could interface with the Kestrel.. 🤦‍♂️ From my experience with Leica cameras, their analogue stuff is fantastic (e.g. m lenses and cameras) but the newer stuff is always late on software upgrades. Back to the drawing board for me!

The whole reason I was going to purchase it was because it could interface with the Kestrel.. 🤦‍♂️ From my experience with Leica cameras, their analogue stuff is fantastic (e.g. m lenses and cameras) but the newer stuff is always late on software upgrades. Back to the drawing board for me!
Feel your pain. That was the reason I got them and hence returned them.
of note also is that when they are linked the reticle remains lit, I actually found this really distracting whilst liking for targets, oh and it eats battery silly fast.

I received our first pair back.
I have it paired with a HUD and a Kestrel. While powering on and off or moving out of range the 3200 connects, disconnects and reconnects without issue. It looses connection at about 4ft. Very pleased.
It works well enough switching back and forth that we may end up selling our 2nd pair, just don’t think we’ll need it.

Last edited:
My buddy and I updated our Kestrels this past week and it didn't help. We tried connecting to both of the kestrels and had the same experience with both. We also updated the binos with Leica's latest firm ware update. This is his second pair of binos and the kestrel connectivity is completely useless at this point.

Would be great if they could get someone to help everyone out. The concept is great if the could get the Kestrel syncing figured out. The SIGs work great but th e glass quality is nothing compared to Leica. I sold my SIG's with the intention of replacing them with the Leicas.

Read most of the thread- is it fair to say that Leica has had more connectivity issues than Sig by a long shot? I thought about getting some sig 3000s for next year for a hunt in the west.

But that Leica glass is so tempting that if the connectivity functions were working I might start saving my nickels.

also, I read elsewhere that some had issues with Kestrel connection. What percent of the problem lies with those devices?

oh, and last thing- I’m not sure of battery life, but if you need to take extras on a week long hunt because you know your rangefinder will go through a new set then that’s not acceptable IMO.

Popping my popcorn hoping somebody will describe their problems and Leica (ahboykin) will be able to resolve these issues. I want a 2800 but since they seem to exhibit similar problem I'm holding off. My choices now are see if 2800 issues are truly cleared up, Bushnell or the Sig Binos. Still waiting, but need to get rolling on a purchase in the next week or 2.

I’m getting the feeling that it won’t be an easy fix, at least not for the 3200s. Poor choice of placement of the BT antenna in a less signal transparent housing and clearly glitchy software. Great glass but Leica have done themselves no favours here.

Reactions: *Tavman*
Really looking forward to seeing if some of the issues outlined in this thread can get resolved. I really want a pair of 3200.coms for hunting & field matches, but Ive been holding off because its sounding like its a hardware issue and not something that can be corrected with a firmware update. @ahboykin please keep us posted if there is a fix for the connectivity issues..

Really looking forward to seeing if some of the issues outlined in this thread can get resolved. I really want a pair of 3200.coms for hunting & field matches, but Ive been holding off because its sounding like its a hardware issue and not something that can be corrected with a firmware update. @ahboykin please keep us posted if there is a fix for the connectivity issues..

Now that is an interesting question. Can Leica confirm that it is hardware or a software issue?

If software, then and upgrade will fix. If hardware; well RECALL. Just asking for a friend who would like to buy the Leica.

I’m getting the feeling that it won’t be an easy fix, at least not for the 3200s. Poor choice of placement of the BT antenna in a less signal transparent housing and clearly glitchy software. Great glass but Leica have done themselves no favours here.
So, by placement of the Bluetooth antenna is bad. Is the "case" and placement the same on the 2800? My understanding from the other thread that the firmware fixed the 2800 (granted 1 or 2 samples of data) which would imply that has a different BT antenna design/placement. Man, this really makes me want to just get those Bushnells for half the price and wait until this stuff clears us. I'd like to spoil myself on Leica glass; but not if the thing is that glitchy - I have little patience for software/firmware glitches...do that enough "in real life."

Reactions: 65x55guy
Can't comment on the 2800 - it's not something I've looked at. Sorry. I've been laser-focused (pardon the pun) on the 3200s and all I can tell you about those is essentially a distilled version of what's been detailed in this thread. That, and the fact that I'm not buying one until all the issues are fixed...

I just feel for all the buyers who have been used as unknowing beta testers of a flawed product.

There are no range issues with the BT on the 2800.com, before or after the FW update.

Hello gents, Sorry I'm late to the party. If any of you are having issues updating the firmware on your Leica COM rangefinder (or if you have any other Leica issues), please feel free to contact me directly at [email protected] or on my cell phone, (843) 532-2472. Please bear in mind that I'm on the east coast, so if any of you western guys try to contact me at the end of your day, it might be the next day before I get back to you. If you don't hear from me by the end of the next business day (over weekends, end of Monday), please ping me again. There's only one of me fielding these issues and I wear a lot of other hats, so I'm not intentionally ignoring you!