• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Leica Geovids.. holy smokes,lol

Re: Leica Geovids.. holy smokes,lol

or on the hood of the little cammo truck at Tiger Valley

They are definitely the cats meow, I ordered a set about a month ago after trying a pair my buddy has, he has the 15X56 geovids but they seemed a little too much zoom so i went with the 10x42's

My dad got a pair of those this summer, they are amazing. We did a comparison between his old Ziess Classics and there was a big difference. So much clearer, but they were also heavy. The rangefinder does work pretty good, but the farthest we got was only 1375
laugh.gif
Farther than we'll ever need.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Captain Kick-Ass</div><div class="ubbcode-body">or on the hood of the little cammo truck at Tiger Valley </div></div>

I'm still grateful as hell.....thank you, thank you, thank you even to this day!

We also ran over a set with a 3/4 ton chevy one time. They actually held up really well!!

The 15x are amazing if you can sell some body parts to help offset the cost.

Is the Swaro range finder better than than the geovids? With only an 8x it would seem hard to range stuff out to 1000yds.

Yes super clear, I don't own one but have looked through them, super nice for walking in the field after game.

I have the swarvo's and I have no problem ranging out past a 1000 with their 8x.

not to hijack but the local Gander Mountain has a pair of Leica Geovid 10x42s and a pair of Swarovski SLC 10x50s. While i thought quality would be about the same the Leicas suck ass in a side by side comparison. The Swarovskis are like your eyeballs died and went to heaven. The Leicas are runny almost in comparision and seemed to have color contrast issues. can anyone else comment on this?

+1 Swaro glass seems super clear, even on the 8x mono/LRF. I have a couple of their binos and havem\n't found anything clearer. I wish they had something with a reticle for ranging though.
WW