• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Let’s start a coyote thread.

4 in two spots tonight

IMG_0867.jpeg
IMG_0864.jpeg

Shot two yesterday. First was off the morning's gut pile from a small 8 point. The yote was at 242 yards, and took a 7 mag. I guess the 150gr Accubond LR needs more resistance to open up because he ran a good 25 yards after getting his heart punched (my porch is elevated over the pasture). The girls had to come down and check to see how dead he was.

20231019_132608.jpg

The second was just below the house last night at about 85 yards. I'm pretty sure this female is one of the habitual trespassers through my deer stand to the east. 100gr Accubond out of a 6.8 left a heck of a hole.

20231019_221244.jpg

IMG_4934.jpeg

Early this morning, before sunrise, this one showed up after 15 minutes of the screaming rabbits and pup distress symphony.

I had just shut off my call and was sitting there, about to get up and get my call. Out of the corner of my eye, about 20 yards away, I saw her slowly walking toward me. She had come up at about 4 o’clock, so I almost didn’t see her.

In one motion, I shouldered the 11-87, stood up (she was behind a small bush) and I pulled the trigger, just as she started to bolt. The 3” Hornady Magnum Coyote BBs hit her hard and she dropped stone dead.

Killed another at 102 yards with the Barrett Rec7 about an hour later. It was a great morning in the desert. 😎

Tough to follow that ^^^ with a measly triple, but here it is.

View attachment 8271884

Side note: the 50 and 53 v-max are pretty impressive out of the lowly 223. There's a lot more that go straight down than do the spin-dance.

I agree, the 53 V-max kills coyotes with authority out of the lowly 223. It is also incredibly accurate and very inexpensive to shoot! I love it and am surprised by its effectiveness.

Yep & a 53 V-max out of a 22-250 works well also
I've got some 55gr barnes varmint 6mm that I'm going to load up for a 6cm. Should beat a 22-250 by 200fps with that load. I'll bet it knocks th spin right out of them. Makes them smile.

We all have that problem occasionally.

I notice it a lot more frequently at night when I have to carry all my stuff and run to get ahead of whatever I'm trying to kill. 😄

Sure are some nice looking dogs recently. I went out this morning... just got our first snow of the season in Eastern WA. Last year we had snow on the ground for a month by now, and it was deep. I spotted 2 @ 600 yards, but they didn't give me the opportunity for a shot. Then this afternoon the ranchers wife on one of the places I hunt, texted me and said they found a dead bull. That should give me a couple months of overwatch duty entertainment if I can get them to put it in a good place. However my spotting snow will likely disappear mid week. No dead dogs to show, so I'll substitute some awesome scenery from one of my Happy Places.
20231202_094037.jpg
20231202_094048.jpg

Y'all were out there doin' work!!!
Thank you, but was a lucky night at a good time of the year! I usually only kill about 15 coyotes between October and March going out once every week or two. The quad was taken where I don't believe any calling has been done in several years. A guy has to have a night like that to look back on when the calling is slow 😂