• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Lets see your 40X rimfires!!

Re: Lets see your 40X rimfires!!

The CMP is supposed to be releasing a bunch either this month or next........

Here's mine as it sits at the moment. It'll be getting different paint this year once it gets a new barrel.
P1020880.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Darkstar</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 051F</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i just dont have the heart to touch it with a screwdriver. (1000% original)

</div></div>

If you do anything other than maintain and shoot that rig, the Gods of 40X (and common sense...) will thrash you and you will deserve it!
wink.gif

Its one thing if it is trashed to begin with, even a quality restoration is still worth less $ than an original in 90% plus condition which your rig def is. It would be a shame and at the end of the day it will not shoot any better, be any more comfortable and will continue to appreciate in value which the tacticustoms IMHO will not.
One of mine is in the same condition as yours. Enjoy.

Im prob gonna be dumped on by all the custom 40x owners. They are all beautiful and unique works and prob shoot just as sweet!
But with classic firearms (and to me a 40x rf falls into that category), its like pulling up to a car show in a clean, all stock 63 Corvette. Even the Hot Rodders quietly drool and wish....
</div></div>

Don't worry, its in good hands. Before I bought my first gun, I promised I would never keep a standing 'collection'. Everything for a purpose, owned to be used.

But there's an exception to every rule... Not to say this doesn't get used, but it can't come out to play on rainy days.

Here are a few of mine. The first one has a Hart barrel, Kenyon trigger, is bedded in a surplus stock and is topped off with a Unertl 32X Programmer 200.

junker.jpg

The rifle on top in this photo is a US marked 40-XB in a McMillan 40-X Improved stock, Canjar trigger and B&L Balvar 24 scope. The rifle on the bottom is a factory 40-XR from the CMP, Canjar LP trigger and topped off with a Redfield 6400 24X scope.
cmp40x.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SuperSeal110</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
8d5c95b7.jpg
</div></div>

Outfuckinstanding!

Remington40-x005.jpg

The rifle stock is a little rougher than I remember it...

Remington40-x004.jpg

Remington40-x003.jpg

Here are pics taken prior to my taking ownership of the rifle. As of now, it sits in storage until I can get it paid down...a deal I made with myself.

The blueing has a few worn spots, but the 40X still charms...

Remington40-x002.jpg

Remington40-x001.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dieselten</div><div class="ubbcode-body">40x standard barrel, EGW 30 MOA rail, S&B 12-50x56
DSC00505.jpg

DSC00507.jpg

DSC00504.jpg
</div></div>

That's a big scope for a rimfire

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kaisersose</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

That's a big scope for a rimfire </div></div>

You know what they say about people with big scopes...

Tiny groups.

BUMP!!

I know there are some new CMP 40x's floating around out there from the new release!!!

Want to see a USMC marked one.

Regards,
DT

100_0533.jpg

That's my main squirrel rifle now.

40xs.jpg

I sold one of the standard barrels in that photo, and another standard barrel was restocked and is in the top picture. I also just acquired another Heavy Barrel, but it's uglier than sin and I haven't decided what I want to do with it yet.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRucker2004</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Because of a small mixup, I'm still waiting on a bolt from PT&G

Pictured next to it's little big brother in .308, I plan on cutting the barrel down to about the same length.
7916.jpg
</div></div>

What model cheek pieces are those and where did you pick them up at? Thanks.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DFOOSKING</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is it the best in the bunch...no...</div></div>
Not a cut at all DF... I'm really just always ready to hear opinions from knowledgable people. What is the best in the bunch in your opinion?

FTR, as a pure shooter; I would agree - but as an overall package (sans the single shot) I find it hard to beat simply due to the fact that you can build a "real" trainer that fits and feels like the Rem or Rem-style actions many of us shoot.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Phylodog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here's mine as it sits at the moment. It'll be getting different paint this year once it gets a new barrel.
P1020880.jpg
</div></div>That is a good-looking rifle!

Thanks DF - I also would like to get my hands on a 547 to check it out.

I guess I should contribute instead of just clutter...
2723164009_large.jpg

2723164006_large.jpg

I'll play. I think I posted these before, here they are again.

The 40X next to the big brother, the Eddie Ryan Tribute Rifle auctioned here.
2njkq6b.jpg

More of the 40X
vhxh11.jpg

21o8txc.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DFOOSKING</div><div class="ubbcode-body">81STFACP...that rifle is gorgeous! Where does your 10X top out at on elevation? </div></div>

Thank you.

Right now I 've got it zeroed at 50 yards have not stretched it out yet.

Hey 81STFACP,

I am doing the same with my M40A1 clone (minus the scope
smile.gif
)and found this mount. You might like it better than the mount you have as it looks the same as a real one. Only bad thing is you will have to buy another set of bottom rings because its dual dove-tail mount. Once my CMP barreled receiver comes in, I will post a pic with the mount on the rifle so you can see if you like it.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=241483461

Very nice set of rifles regardless.

-DT

CMP 40 XB with Unertil 15 X

2011-07-17_20-35-47_195.jpg

With this set up 100 is as far as I can go with it. I just got the rifle in a few days ago and I really like the "old school" scope a buddy of mine let me borrow. I am hoping to trade him out of teh scope, but he just doesn't know it yet.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ramiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Did anyone get the usmc barreled actions offered by the CMP ? </div></div>

Yes.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WhiteDingo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My 40X

Not USMC marked, but hope it'll do.
wink.gif

IMG_4189.jpg

IMG_4187.jpg
</div></div>

That stock looks familiar

The one in front in the black AICS is a 40-X HB. The bolt is a 40-X bolt, but will be replaced by the PT&G bolt that should arrive this week.

Both Remington's are waiting for the SS 5-20X50HD scopes to arrive as well.

IMG_2458-1280.jpg

IMG_2459-1280.jpg

IMG_2460-1280.jpg

IMG_2461-1280.jpg

^^^ You're going to love that set up. You can shove a mag in to the well and it won't "click" into place, but will stay if you want to fill the hole and use it as basically a dust cover.

I tell people at the range it is an integrally suppressed .308... ;P

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: D_TROS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey 81STFACP,

I am doing the same with my M40A1 clone (minus the scope) and found this mount. You might like it better than the mount you have as it looks the same as a real one. Only bad thing is you will have to buy another set of bottom rings because its dual dove-tail mount. Once my CMP barreled receiver comes in, I will post a pic with the mount on the rifle so you can see if you like it.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=241483461

Very nice set of rifles regardless.

-DT</div></div>

I am using this particular mount on my own 40XB in a McMillan HTG stock (M40A1 clone), and I purchased the mount a year ago via these forums from another SH member.

Hey Melick, how do you like the mount? What height rings did you use? could you post a pic? I found the link to the mount in these forums after I bought it, but I got it cheaper on gunbroker than his price here (only like 5 bucks tho)

THanks,
DT

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WhiteDingo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My 40X

Not USMC marked, but hope it'll do.
wink.gif

IMG_4189.jpg

IMG_4187.jpg
</div></div>

Can someone please tell me what stock this is I just got to get one.

Thanks

Okay I will play. Here is mine I just finished it yeaterday. This barrel was cut down to 22" I am going to use ir for squirrel hunting. I still need to camoflage the stock somehow.
IMAG0038.jpg
IMAG0037.jpg

No but she helped me shoot a different kind of Load last Nite.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: killahog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No but she helped me shoot a different kind of Load last Nite.</div></div>
Bwahahahahaha!!! I think that one is quote worthy...

Terror when are you going to put that space gun in your avatar together?

Rem 40x CMP action, Border barrel, Kelbly BR stock, Davidson bases and Kelbly rings, Jewell trigger, w/ 36x Leupold scope, built by Gene Davis.

40x1.jpg

40x4.jpg

40x5.jpg

5 shots at 50 yards using Eley Team 1048.

5shotsfromthe40X.jpg

10 at 100 Eley Team 1048

10at100with40x.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: killahog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Terror when are you going to put that space gun in your avatar together?</div></div>
When I have enough $$$ to buy one. I just ripped that pic off of Google because I was bored one day and decided to change my avatar. I had space guns on the brain.

Well here are my 40x Remingtons. Hope you don't mind looking at some Smallbore Silhouette rifles.

Remington 40x with 23" Lilja Tite Bore #5 taper fluted barrel, Jewell 2# Trigger.
IMG_0022.jpg

Remington 40X 25" Lilja Tite Bore #5 taper, 2# Jewell Triger
IMG_1125.jpg

Remington 40x with 24" Kriger Barrel, Jewell BR Trigger.
IMG_0837.jpg

I don't have a Stiller 25X but did just have a Stiller LoneStar completed a couple of months ago. I plan on look at the 25X when and if the repeater is available.
Stiller LoneStar with Lilja barrel, Jewell trigger, Stith 250 stock, and Harrel tuner.
DSC00085.jpg

DSC00084.jpg

DSC00087.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kgw43</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Phylodog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here's mine as it sits at the moment. It'll be getting different paint this year once it gets a new barrel.
P1020880.jpg
</div></div>That is a good-looking rifle! </div></div>

Nice paint!!!! Thats awesome looking man! Once of a kind and looks fantastic!

here is mine...wearing an old model 700 stock
IMG_3198.jpg

here is the same gun wearing its new Flame maple stock
IMG_3386.jpg

IMG_3202.jpg

^^that sir is a very tasteful rifle with a classic flavor.

if you can, please PM me with some details and your opinion on that mueller target scope.