• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

lets see your foundation stock

Have you guys that are doing front weight kits ever given thought to using a 1.25” straight taper barrel?
I run a 22" Heavy Comp (nearly straight taper - Hawk Hill barrel contour) and run 4 brass weights in front. It perfectly balances. With a 24 or 26" barrels, same contour, no weights needed.
Are you still liking your Foundation or have you found that you prefer other stocks/chassis'?
Unless things have changed, Sheldon still runs the Foundation afaik. Unless you're talking about the chassis he had to shoot because someone forgot their bolt at home... :D

First foundation. So far I'm impressed, never understood what guys meant when they said dead feeling until I shot it.

Attachments

• 20221127_150458.jpg
    20221127_150458.jpg
    594.8 KB · Views: 273
Love my foundation. Centurion dark distressed. Ran it the past year at matches in stock form.
If your familiar with sport bikes, the GSXR 750 was always called a "me too". Because everyone had one.

I feel like my setup is a "me too". Foundation stock, Impact action, Proof barrel in 6 Dasher. It's a "me too". I've almost grabbed someone else's rifle because they all look the same.

A couple hours and it's not a me too anymore.
20230616_190643.jpg
20230616_190515.jpg

Love my foundation. Centurion dark distressed. Ran it the past year at matches in stock form.
If your familiar with sport bikes, the GSXR 750 was always called a "me too". Because everyone had one.

I feel like my setup is a "me too". Foundation stock, Impact action, Proof barrel in 6 Dasher. It's a "me too". I've almost grabbed someone else's rifle because they all look the same.

A couple hours and it's not a me too anymore.
View attachment 8164549View attachment 8164551
Man that looks awesome but that’s dedication to be different. I do get what you mean though. I have seen it a few times people get up to the line and be like wtf this ain’t my rifle lol. Turrets getting moved and all kinds of stuff do to guns being virtually identical.

Came back to Foundation after trying an ACC Elite. There's just nothing like them and how they fit me.
My buddy has the ACC Elite. While I like the grip angle. I'm so used to my foundation I'll stick with that for now. When I build up a 223 bolt on a impact action I think I'm gonna grab the elite

Genesis2
Tho I dunno if foundation is right for me. Moving strictly to rimfire (centerfire pictured) and looking into other options

Attachments

• E31FC8D0-DC15-47F7-B8FA-E9FBEDFFAE1F.jpeg
    E31FC8D0-DC15-47F7-B8FA-E9FBEDFFAE1F.jpeg
    567.2 KB · Views: 130
Reactions: camocorvette
Did you do any prep work before paint?
Blew it off and wiped any gunk off with glass cleaner. Then blew it off again. Took the action out the stock. Taped off everything on the stock, action, barrel, bolt and optic that i didn't want paint on or in.
Painted the barrel and action as one, the stock as one, the bolt as one, bipod as one and the optic/mount as one thing.

Took about 3 hours to clean and tape everything off. I'm happy with it. Sure it will wear off. It's scratched to fuck from the 2 day match here in Utah. But I like it haha

Love my foundation, just wish they made a longer forend version, maybe an extra 3in. Would balance a bit better and would ride the bag better with a bipod attached

Did the barrel come from Impact as a prefit?? I have a 308 prefit from them, but it doesn't have the Stuteville logo on it.
No I contacted Wade around 4th of july and was told he does calibers in batches. 6 br would be the next one he was working on and I Just asked if he could cut one for me at 28" and I picked it up at a match last weekend.

Reactions: Bigrederic
Thanks for sharing all these pics and the info guys. Excited to get into a Foundation. I just bought a BA - Origin LA with a 29” Hawk Hill 1.25 pipe in 300 PRC. I’m lefty so stock choices limited. A black Genesis 2 is calling my name. Not a match gun, just a fun boomer for prone mostly.

Question: on the stockbuilder on the website, what is the difference between Standard and Heavy on this LA stock?

Thanks for sharing all these pics and the info guys. Excited to get into a Foundation. I just bought a BA - Origin LA with a 29” Hawk Hill 1.25 pipe in 300 PRC. I’m lefty so stock choices limited. A black Genesis 2 is calling my name. Not a match gun, just a fun boomer for prone mostly.

Question: on the stockbuilder on the website, what is the difference between Standard and Heavy on this LA stock?
They are for balancing the rifle more then anything. Heavier barrels need more weight.

They are for balancing the rifle more then anything. Heavier barrels need more weight.
That I understand. What I am unclear about is where is the weight added or subtracted on the LA stock.

Is it the same as the “light” version of the SA stock with the hollowed out portions in the grip and cheek area?

That I understand. What I am unclear about is where is the weight added or subtracted on the LA stock.

Is it the same as the “light” version of the SA stock with the hollowed out portions in the grip and cheek area?
To my knowledge yes... to be honest of you ask to leave the front smooth, or take more out of the cheek piece area they will. There is more then just light and heavy options available. I have had them leave a portion of the front in to cut for EFRs. Best to call John-Kyle and get it made exactly how you want.

Reactions: Jcarpenter223
To my knowledge yes... to be honest of you ask to leave the front smooth, or take more out of the cheek piece area they will. There is more then just light and heavy options available. I have had them leave a portion of the front in to cut for EFRs. Best to call John-Kyle and get it made exactly how you want.
Will do. What are EFRs?

You get thermal and people will reach out to you wanting to hunt with you. Kind of like owning a boat.
So, since they don’t have a thermal and won’t be able to see a dang thing out there, are you saying they want to tag along and “borrow” your rifle for a shot or two???

Wow.

This makes me suuuuper happy to use a foundation for a thermal!

Do u have pics btw

Last edited:
Reactions: earthtrekker1775
Whoa!!!!! I like it. What scope mount height are you running?

It is the 1.1" Hawkins Heavy Tactical setup... to be honest I would probably recommend something a bit taller, at least that is what I am looking at for our other work rifles.

I also just swapped a 4-20x50mm in the gun in the same size ring setup, but I have not thrown the clip-on, on to see how it lines up yet.

Also without a can and NV on it, it could use some weights. I have a muzzle break on it right now to go shoot the state PRS final in a couple weeks. My 24" 308 is down a action right now.. as are both my 6MMs
20230924_153858.jpg

20230924_183602.jpg

It is the 1.1" Hawkins Heavy Tactical setup... to be honest I would probably recommend something a bit taller, at least that is what I am looking at for our other work rifles.

I also just swapped a 4-20x50mm in the gun in the same size ring setup, but I have not thrown the clip-on, on to see how it lines up yet.

Also without a can and NV on it, it could use some weights. I have a muzzle break on it right now to go shoot the state PRS final in a couple weeks. My 24" 308 is down a action right now.. as are both my 6MMs View attachment 8237524
View attachment 8237526
Ah I see it a bit better. So it sits flush with the top of the stock and then attach the pic rail section. 1.1 would be super uncomfortable for me. I got a big noggin. Hawkins one piece 1.27 might be the ticket. Thanks for the pics

Looking to buy a centurion for a range/varmint setup that I will not need it to be heavy but just am look for great balance. I have a tl3 Spurh zco looking to screw a barrel on with a barrel contour that I won’t need to add any brass weights for balance if possible. Was thinking of ordering it with the lightweight cut. Has anyone found a good balance with just a scoped barreled action and these stocks? I plan on looking into one of magwell plates to. Which one are you guys using on your foundations? Thanks in advance!

Looking to buy a centurion for a range/varmint setup that I will not need it to be heavy but just am look for great balance. I have a tl3 Spurh zco looking to screw a barrel on with a barrel contour that I won’t need to add any brass weights for balance if possible. Was thinking of ordering it with the lightweight cut. Has anyone found a good balance with just a scoped barreled action and these stocks? I plan on looking into one of magwell plates to. Which one are you guys using on your foundations? Thanks in advance!
I’d definately go with the light cut to minimize any weight you’ll need to put up front. My centurion is heavy fill and I am running a 26” 1.25” straight barrel and 6 tungsten weights out front. Atacr 7-35 in ARC rings. It’s balance point is 4.5” in front of magwell.

For your described purposes I wouldn't sweat the balance issue. For PRS it's nice to have a gun that sits super balanced on a gamechanger and that wants to track straighter with recoil rather than pivoting muzzle upward - again on a gamechanger shooting positional on a barricade so you can spot impacts better.

I've got several Foundations that cover all ends of the balance spectrum.

My 223 trainer in an MG2 has the heavier buttstock, no brass weights, no hex inletting in the fore-end and a 26" Heavy Palma contour barrel. It's a bit tail heavy but I shoot it positional just fine. Weighs 17.5lb w/ no mag or bipod. When I rebarrel it will probably go a bit heavier contour for balance.

My daughter shoots a Centurion with the lighter buttstock inlet, but the standard cheek piece (prefer the solid cheekpiece over the hollowed out one) and a shorter LOP. She added 2lb of brass weights and has a 26" M24 contour barrel, weighs 19.25lb no mag or bipod, and balances perfect for PRS shooting.

My comp gun is an MG2 with heavy buttstock, full set of tungsten weights, and a 27" M24 barrel. Perfect balance for PRS, definitely on the heavy side at 22.75lb no mag or bipod.

My recommendation would be to go lighter buttstock but standard full thickness cheek piece, and a barrel contour somewhere around M24 (at 26") for decent balance. If you ever wanted to go full PRS balance point you could add brass weights down the road quite easily at low cost.

No need in my mind for one of those magwell plates. We've had no need for them on any gun, we just run the Hawkins bottom metal and get great results.

Reactions: 360precision
How is everyone maintaining the finish on the micarta? Some stocks seem to appear dull and others semi-gloss