• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

lets see your foundation stock

Yes, they are weights. Also there is weights inside of the fore and aft of the stock. Brass will be an additional price.

Also will have standard threading to add items (MDT thumb grip, for example).
baker wings?

IM SO EXCITED
excited-soexcited.gif

The Hawkins Clip is up:

Any pricing information out there yet?

I assume it's materially more than, say, a garden variety Centurion, but I'd like to know it's not $3.2K before getting on the pre-order list. :)

I got an email from Altus regarding pre order. Seems to be from $1300-1800
I got that email, also, but didn't see a price tag, save the $500 pre-order figure on the Altus site. Let me quadruple check the email and site again...must have missed it. (I even tried to configure a stock w/ different options, but never spit out a price for me.)

Edit:

Disregard...see the graphics in the footer now (and now the configuration selections are spitting out prices and the world is good again):

1709068442331.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Islas82
Any pricing information out there yet?

I assume it's materially more than, say, a garden variety Centurion, but I'd like to know it's not $3.2K before getting on the pre-order list. :)

Will have to double check notes. But IIRC, under $2k for the stock and every brass weight possible.

Reactions: Terp
I got that email, also, but didn't see a price tag, save the $500 pre-order figure on the Altus site. Let me quadruple check the email and site again...must have missed it. (I even tried to configure a stock w/ different options, but never spit out a price for me.)
I thought I saw $1800 after configuring mine.

Reactions: Terp
Dang, I know beauty is in the eye of the beholder... but IMHO that Samson is pretty ugly. When a buddy who attended SHOT told me about it I was pumped, but now, not so much. I was expecting something a lot more sexy considering how nice the previous Foundations have been.

It's more Pontiac Aztec than Ducati 916. :(

Also, IDK why the rail is angled up toward the barrel? It seems like an ergonomic/design mistake. And brass instead of steel seems like a compromise too (I'd guess it's that brass, while not as tough, is easier to machine and is less wear on the tools).

I wish Foundation would just make factory weights and/or a weighted rail for their existing stocks already.

Just my $0.02. YMMV.

Dang, I know beauty is in the eye of the beholder... but IMHO that Samson is pretty ugly. When a buddy who attended SHOT told me about it I was pumped, but now, not so much. I was expecting something a lot more sexy considering how nice the previous Foundations have been.

Also, IDK why the rail is angled up toward the barrel? It seems like an ergonomic/design mistake. And brass instead of steel seems like a compromise too (I'd guess it's that brass, while not as tough, is easier to machine and is less wear on the tools).

I wish Foundation would just make factory weights and/or a weighted rail for their existing stocks already.

Just my $0.02. YMMV.
I do agree with you on the angle of the arca it is strange why not just go flat. Other than that I think it’s a cool looking stock without the brass accents.

Has anyone run a “light“ MG2 or Centurion with a 24” Medium Palma or Marksman weight barrel? Does it balance ok? I’m interested in keeping weight reasonably portable but heavy enough to shoot well with ease from various positions (6.5Cm).

Reactions: Trevor300wsm
I think we have about 20 of the Samson on order. Most of them with the tricked out full brass kit. Most with centurion grip. A few with aluminum and the other grip available. All will be Impact inlet.

Once we get closer to knowing a good ETA, we might make pre-shipment list if anyone is interested. But not until we are a bit closer so we aren't making everyone wait on us.

Just my $0.02. YMMV.

Brass is also heavier by volume than steel. Hence why so many are using brass for weights (along with the other reasons you mentioned).

PRS is a weight/recoil game now. Especially with the emerging trend of .25 and 6.5 cartridges, and even heavier rifles then were being used for 6mm.

Just an FYI, the stock is flat/wide on the bottom like a centurion. We currently have an Anschtuz rail in the rifle now like the older Foundations with a short ARCA rail. Weighs about 22 lbs with a Benchmark VCC.
@HawkinsPrecision so the MG2 variant is completely new essentially? it will have a forend like the centurion but grip angle of the MG2?

Just my $0.02. YMMV.
L3I makes individual weights, under the arca weight and a heavy rail that bolts up..

Has anyone run a “light“ MG2 or Centurion with a 24” Medium Palma or Marksman weight barrel? Does it balance ok? I’m interested in keeping weight reasonably portable but heavy enough to shoot well with ease from various positions (6.5Cm).
You should buy a revelation.

Reactions: BenW
Genesis 2 6 GT 22 inch barrel 1 inch straight taper.

Attachments

• P1010003.JPG
    P1010003.JPG
    421.5 KB · Views: 69

Just my $0.02. YMMV.

I agree.

This is my hot take as someone with engineering and design backgrounds.

It's not aesthetically cohesive. All the new features look like an after thought, as if they want to make stocks but to appease the market they needed to make them modular like a chassis. Rather then designing a stock/chassis around the features they wanted, it looks clear that they just took an existing stock and slapped these new features in as if it was an after thought.

Regardless, I'm sure Foundation will sell a decent amount of these. Definitely not appealing to me, but that's why we have so many options :cool:

I agree.

This is my hot take as someone with engineering and design backgrounds.

It's not aesthetically cohesive. All the new features look like an after thought, as if they want to make stocks but to appease the market they needed to make them modular like a chassis. Rather then designing a stock/chassis around the features they wanted, it looks clear that they just took an existing stock and slapped these new features in as if it was an after thought.

Regardless, I'm sure Foundation will sell a decent amount of these. Definitely not appealing to me, but that's why we have so many options :cool:

But... now they're making a weight kit!

I have held off on trying a Centurion as it's a PITA to find a weight kit besides the $500 tungsten kit that's out there (which is a little bananas even for guys who shoot rounds that cost $1-2 a pop).

I like the simplicity/pragmatism of their OG stocks and am not interested in the new Samson at all.

A Centurion + OEM weights + 360 Precision rail is probably in my future, and I'll probably just paint/dye it (like @Short-bus a few posts up) as I'm not a fan of the "Grandpa's rifle" look that looks exactly like everyone else's. They're micarta... and people have been painting/dying micarta knife scales forever, I'm surprised we don't see more of it.

Reactions: kthomas
But... now they're making a weight kit!

I have held off on trying a Centurion as it's a PITA to find a weight kit besides the $500 tungsten kit that's out there (which is a little bananas even for guys who shoot rounds that cost $1-2 a pop).

I like the simplicity/pragmatism of their OG stocks and am not interested in the new Samson at all.

A Centurion + OEM weights + 360 Precision rail is probably in my future, and I'll probably just paint/dye it (like @Short-bus a few posts up) as I'm not a fan of the "Grandpa's rifle" look that looks exactly like everyone else's. They're micarta... and people have been painting/dying micarta knife scales forever, I'm surprised we don't see more of it.

I think the traditional foundations in dark distressed look really good. I can see why those appeal to people. I kind of want one to try out.

But the Samson feels like they are taking one of those stocks and turning it into something it was never intended to be (a chassis).

Reactions: Schütze and CK1.0
Maybe in the future they can add the stippling and the adjustable butt pad to their other stocks as options. I had jumped on the waitlist for the Samson but decided to go with a LA build instead on a G2 which I prefer over the centurion.

Maybe in the future they can add the stippling and the adjustable butt pad to their other stocks as options. I had jumped on the waitlist for the Samson but decided to go with a LA build instead on a G2 which I prefer over the centurion.
The adjustable buttpad is a $150 upgrade you can do on all their stocks I think. Though them offering stippling on other stocks would be interesting.

Reactions: Changed
The adjustable buttpad is a $150 upgrade you can do on all their stocks I think. Though them offering stippling on other stocks would be interesting.
When I was in the waitlist I didn’t care too much about the stippling on the fore end of the stock so I spoke to John-Kyle about just doing the grip and he said it would be some tinkering with the code but could be done. Maybe the same applies to existing product.

Reactions: nrspence
This is a dumb questions but is it fine to attach a bipod all the way on the end of the rail where it's hanging off the front of the stock? In a sense of long term use, would that run the risk of bending the rail or be fine?

This is a dumb questions but is it fine to attach a bipod all the way on the end of the rail where it's hanging off the front of the stock? In a sense of long term use, would that run the risk of bending the rail or be fine?
quality stuff won't bend

I typically don't run it beyond the end of the stock... with it is still very rigid there.

None of my area 419 or foundation arca rails have bent yet.

Reactions: nrspence
Life originally started as a MPA PMR PRO2 with the CDG action in a MPA Matrix Pro chassis, Fore-end was too wide for my hands and I decided to try a Foundation stock and haven't looked back since.
This is the coyote color way and looks darker in person than the photos!
IMG_1796.jpg

Love my MG2, with the front brass weight kit and heavy varmint contour barrel seems to balance pretty well. Might give an aluminum or brass anarchy rail a try.

Attachments

• IMG_7250.jpeg
    IMG_7250.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 53
Reactions: iMarvin
How do you like your ec tuner brake?
I like it. After a barrel has 200 rds on it. I usually just find a speed I like and put the bullet .020 off the lands and shoot it. I use the tuner to keep the groups 1/2moa or under through the life of the barrel.

Reactions: iMarvin
So one if my new barrels finally arrived after being lost by USPS for almost a month... so I built it up last night and ended up swapping one of my PMiis onto my 6bra and put the TT on the new gun.

Also man these Custom Rifle Barrels are nice and their Competition Contour makes my normal M24 look small. Can't wait to see what if 25x47L lives up to the hype.
20240412_180940.jpg
20240412_180652.jpg
20240412_180945.jpg

So one if my new barrels finally arrived after being lost by USPS for almost a month... so I built it up last night and ended up swapping one of my PMiis onto my 6bra and put the TT on the new gun.

Also man these Custom Rifle Barrels are nice and their Competition Contour makes my normal M24 look small. Can't wait to see what if 25x47L lives up to the hype. View attachment 8395707View attachment 8395708View attachment 8395709
What did you have that barrel coated/treated with? Kind've looks like polish finish.