• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Let's see your NV gear and kill pics

Re: Let's see your NV gear and kill pics

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: km2006dmax</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks like a good hunt htr. were you using the 95 ttsx or were you testing the 120 sst's?

I got a call from the ranch owner were I usually hunt. The river has been out for awhile, and the pigs are pushed up to the top tearing up around the house. A warden and I are headed up there to put a hurt on them tonight. Just not sure if I want to take the .308 or the 6.8 with some 120's. They've trapped 37 in 4 days so should be a fun night! </div></div>

We were using the 95 TTSX for this hunt. I had some of the 120 SST's in my rifle, in order to shoot them side by side against the 95's, but I never shot at any of these hogs. I let my clients kill all of them, and they did not need any back up shots.

The load they used was 28 grains of Re 7. I worked that load up last year, and I still use it, though I am transitioning to AA2200 since it is a ball powder and gives equal velocity with just a little less pressure.

One of the guys is a really great shot, and he killed the first one, off hand at 150 yards, with the WC rifle and D-740. The hog was quartering away pretty sharply, and the bullet entered just in front of the left kidney and went all the way through the hog. We never found the bullet, despite hacking on it for a while so it must have exited near the right cheek, in which there appeared to be an exit. That would have been about 30 inches of penetration. The pig was DRT....pretty impressive.

The others were either DRT, or one was hit in the liver and ran about 50 yards, but was found dead with the M24, right where the hunter saw it fall.

first kill with my D760 95 yards easy as pie rifle is a Rem R25 in 243 shooting a 87gr V-max @ 3235pfs

d760014.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HTR707</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Some good hunting this weekend:

DSCF3013-1.jpg
</div></div>

whats on the side of the half barrel ?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wes1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Always happy to show off:
d96d30f1.jpg

photo-132.jpg

</div></div>

Great Family picture... I wish i can do the same one day.

And where can i pick up this case =)

Top notch... You acturally got all the coolest stuffs in one case.

Whats under the Dbal we are not allowed to see
confused.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: km2006dmax</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
121.jpg

</div></div>

Zombie killer case
eek.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: km2006dmax</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

fjhogs.jpg

</div></div>

Love the pictures, and that FJ40 looks sweet but I feel I must inform you that the bezel is upside down.
wink.gif

timcoyote012.jpg

first NV double larger dog taken at 250+ with d760

timcoyote004.jpg
brothers 125 running head shot off a PRS tripod

timcoyote014.jpg

the nights total 4 dogs down

Awesome! Glad to see the 760 is working out for you.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ***Ronin***</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HTR707</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Some good hunting this weekend:

DSCF3013-1.jpg
</div></div>

whats on the side of the half barrel ? </div></div>

That's my FLIR M24 thermal spotter. The HELGA does not shoot a projectile, rather there are two picatinny rails at 12 and 3, so that you can spot with thermal by rotating the wrist, then simply rotate back to confirm the heat signature with magnified PVS-14, before shooting.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: the impactzone</div><div class="ubbcode-body">nephew gets PRS Tripod and firs coyote for his 13th birthday
chrisfirstcoyote004.jpg
</div></div>

VERY nice! A great congratulations to the youngster on the that one! Were you doing the callin'?

I was on the call the nephew had his choise NV or thermal, he chose the D760 he said it looked like daylight,,,, (No Ir or moon) started with elc call then whent to mouth. I asked my brother afterwards what would we have given to have done this at 13? when we here lugging car battiers into a field and a Q-Beam, LOL those where the days

Man You got that right ! I had to lug a CAT battery around! My kid has a TOP end L3 PVS14 with AR15 ready to rock Can and all. SPOILD these kids are today... and I am so happy for them !
Good Job all around!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: the impactzone</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was on the call the nephew had his choise NV or thermal, he chose the D760 he said it looked like daylight,,,, (No Ir or moon) started with elc call then whent to mouth. I asked my brother afterwards what would we have given to have done this at 13? when we here lugging car battiers into a field and a Q-Beam, LOL those where the days </div></div>

You guys had predator lights as a kid? I had to use a Lantern and mirror to aim the light with
smile.gif
Well maybe I had a small military light and red lens good for about 50- 75 yards tops but I got the job done much easy nowadays with gen 3 gear!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: the impactzone</div><div class="ubbcode-body">bobcat taken at 150 yards no moon D760 on 243
IMG_1034.jpg
</div></div>

Beauty of a cat there!

Glad to see your 760 is still performing well. A long time ago up to a few short months ago, a concerted effort from a select few really downgraded the D-Series line of scopes they claimed had cheap plastic parts that would eventually fall apart along with a so-called tape reticle.

Now we hear one of them will be selling them soon after all the negative press was dished for years...This after a recent nasty gram we got from the manufacturing saying we did this or that until they saw the truth...Glad to see even these few are realizing these scopes shoot and shoot well. They have been for a LONG time and we're proud to say after now after a thousand scopes being sold, we've had TWO warranty repairs over the years. Make that 4....

One for a stripped power knob and the other for a rubber cover strap along with 2 ITT and 1 L3 tube blowing up.

I guess proof is still in the shootin' and shootin' these have done over a great many years....

Oh yea, kill pic thread. 760 from 2006. :)
night1da1.jpg

Well Vic it has been said more than once "Phils a pig and he's hard on tools,,, but he gets the job done given the tools",

Well you gave me the tools and I've been getting the job done and not sitting behinde a key board talking about it.,,, I might just go make a stand tonight just for you vic, there may be one more coyote left in the county, LOL

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: the impactzone</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well Vic it has been said more than once "<span style="font-weight: bold">Phils a pig and he's hard on tools,,, but he gets the job done given the tools</span>",

Well you gave me the tools and I've been getting the job done and not <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="text-decoration: underline">sitting behind a key board talking about it</span></span>.,,, I might just go make a stand tonight just for you vic, there may be one more coyote left in the county, LOL </div></div>

Sounds like a new signature line.
smile.gif
Keep killin' em Brother!

You mean "internet beer muscles"?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: the impactzone</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
chrishog004.jpg

D760 doing it stuff </div></div>

You ever sleep!
grin.gif

Cleaning out so many D-760 kill pics as well from the photobucket account. We literally have HUNDREDS of different kill pics spanning from 2006 to present.

night2hs3.jpg

well heres a couple from my last outtings, i wont go into detail of what i run but it works for me and my budget .. also keeps the wife of my back and a devorse in my face lol

longest confirmed on this setup to date is a rabbit headshot at 191yds

4af51566.jpg

b0e2e1a7.jpg

a3fe732e.jpg
6dc96b52.jpg

heres the headshot at 191yds
a6093d3d.jpg

i am new to the forum and look forward to getting to know the majority of you

atvbr

max...

What is that on the fox in the first picture? Is that a rat or are you whacking mice with a suppressed 308?

Cool pics, I went out last night under the super moon and got skunked 7 stands and nothing but an Owl this was the only shot taken
supermoon001.jpg

Yes the Supermoon was quite the spectacle last night! Even the Gen 1 scopes had to be quite happy last night!
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CTM1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What is that on the fox in the first picture? Is that a rat or are you whacking mice with a suppressed 308? </div></div>

Foxy had the field mouse in its mouth ( or regurgated it ) and I wish I had a 308 !! Used the service issue .338 for years but could never afford one lol..

Some supermoon kills, and happy clients.

6.8 SPC, Wilson whisper cans, and TNVC D-740's. WRR's Helga and 95 TTSX thrown from the rifles. We also are the first to test the new Cutting Edge Raptor bullets. More to come on these soon.

DSCF4013-1.jpg

DSCF4024-1.jpg

DSCF4020-1.jpg

Raptor wound:

DSCF4004.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HTR707</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Some supermoon kills, and happy clients.

6.8 SPC, Wilson whisper cans, and TNVC D-740's. WRR's Helga and 95 TTSX thrown from the rifles. We also are the first to test the new Cutting Edge Raptor bullets. More to come on these soon.

DSCF4013-1.jpg

DSCF4024-1.jpg

DSCF4020-1.jpg

Raptor wound:

DSCF4004.jpg
</div></div>

That new round looks to pack a load of hurt. Looking forward to hearing more about this one.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WMR sniper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
b0e2e1a7.jpg
</div></div>

Hey Max,

Which NVG u using with the scope ?

and u using it on a .338 ?

Can the NVG take it ?

And Nice shooting...

spotted this hog with the thermal at about 75 yards in tall grass and asked my brother to check it out with the d-760, as I thought for sure it was a lost calf, I asked him do you see it, he says yea BANG! I thought crap he just shot a calf, it was his birthday so I guess he gets first shot.
timpig009.jpg

(assuming) that your shooting .556 cal ? . Looks like it & that is pretty much all I use except for the occasional 30-221 cal .
You got a good hit & went strait down & coyote laying there . but Is common a lot of times the coyote laying there for a minute after a good hit & then getting-up and getting-off to lay down & die in another spot .

Your using Thermal & that is pretty good image & the dog really Pops bright . But the only thing the Thermal can Not do is see if the Coyote is alive after the shot.
& the NV 'can see' if coyote is still alive & able to get-up and make off .
You get a good hit & you see they go strait down & NOT Moving . When using NV . I always hit them with IR for a few seconds . & If I see the eyes blinking with the IR reflection . They are not down for the count . If I see eyes blinking, I will POP them a good-one before they get a second wind & try getting-up & off .

Nothing wrong with .556/223 but Coyotes are tough . & a single hit without big shock & wound channel like a bigger Cal. like 6mm or .308 . They will need another trigger pull .

The story on that coyote was that he came in fast,, as with in a 1.5 minute of calling rabbit in distress, I was certain others would be behind him, 800-1000 yards out , I paused the elc call, he went down wind and came in behind the call, and I went to mouth call and you see him change direction and come right for me. My concern was that I was not use to the hold over with the 4” over bore at ranges under 75 yards, about what the fist shot is, so I put one in him at what I thought was a good zero, (hit a little high with a 200 yard zero) No bone 77gr SMK Blackhills, because he came in so quick I didn’t want to spook any others away with more shots, and hoped he was down, and kept looking for others with the FLIR PS 32, as I watched him, when it became apparent he was not down I put one more in him, center behind the shoulder again no magor bone ,(still trying to be quite) and then he decided to haul ass, at that point all bets are off and its game on. he took 3 solid hits and was over 50lbs n a fish scale

sorry to hear about your cat, I lost a pet pig to coyotes the only thing left was her little pink feet so the war started
coyote-w1000001.jpg

got this one after about 10 minutes of rabbit distress with a few yips and barks, then went to coyote pup distress, and 10 minutes later she ran in from down wind, took her at 157 yards the call being 12:00 cross wind,at 75 yards in a old rice field stubbel, she came in hard from 1:00 then started to bug out at 2:00 as soon as she was down wind of the call I put a 60gr v-max 223 Freedom muntions reman. She was DRT hit her from behind in the first rib, no exit very little pelt damage.

She is now Gattor food as I have little 3 footer living in my pond now

I just can't stop had to walk across the street last night and make one stand before bed
coyote38female002.jpg

found this hog rootting up a pasture, put the stalk on her and hit her at about 150 yards with a 60gr V-max, she almost made it to the tree line but I kept the lead in the air, she went down and when I got to her she got up and charged so I had to open her up with about a 5 rnd burst, wish I had the camera it was pretty exciting for a moment there
2012-05-28_01-13-58_588.jpg

Three hogs killed with the Cutting Edge Raptor bullets in 6.8, and SSA factory 77 SMK's in 5.56. We shot both lasers and D-740's. M24 thermal to spot and ITT Pinnacle PVS-14's for everyone.

DSCF5023-1.jpg

DSC00064-1.jpg