• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Lets see your trainers

Re: Lets see your trainers

DSCI0399.jpg

It looks pretty empty without a scope, but it will have to do for a while.

Thanks for the compliments! Yes the gun was not cheap at all and it blew my savings for the Premiere 5-25 that needed to go on my Remmy .308 that matches this gun almost perfectly, but alas time to save for that once again. To boot I am really wanting to buy two and run one on the Quad too. I think when the first one arrives the Quad will kidnap it and the Remmy will sit once again glassless.
smile.gif

Just keep shooting that trainer and eventually, the money you save on ammo will pay for the scope. It may take a little while.LOL You could definitely "get by" with a lot less, but if you really want it and it gives you pleasure, then it's worth saving for.

I'm kinda tempted to get a bushnell banner or something, but in the back of my head, I want something better... I'm not quite sure what to do, but for now, I'll try to go to 200 with irons. A 1-4 mil dot would be pretty cool, it would be kinda like shooting long range, but only shooting to 200...

Shay,

How about something like this:
http://swfa.com/Vortex-3-9x40-Crossfire-Rifle-Scope-P11246.aspx

You really can't go wrong with a lifetime warranty for the price. And when you are able to upgrade, you should have no problem finding a buyer.

Otherwise (I'm sure I don't need to tell you this) keep an eye on the Snipers Hide PX. I just bought 3 scopes from Hide members in the last couple weeks, and got some pretty good deals.

Yeah, something like that would be perfect, or the 1-4 Super Sniper would be pretty awesome, but it isn't out yet, and I don;t have the coin.

CZ 453 Varmint 22lr
American Eagle ammo at 100yds
5 round group, first 4 in 5/16" 5rd fired opened it to 13/16"

PICT0176.jpg

PICT0178.jpg

I like the look of the wood stock, and the glass isn't bed either
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AlabamaShooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here is my trainer, with her new glass.</div></div>

Nice! How far out do you run that beast?

Currently I have only shot it out to 100yds. My best group has been a 10shot group that you could cover with a nickel. I hope to stretch it out to +200yds when I get to go back home and hopefully meet up with SierraWiskey at his local range. Or I might run up to Steel City in Birmingham to stretch her legs.

0b31c3e7.jpg

My favorite rimfire in my collection FIE model 122 with tasco 4x32 not fancy but it works.

PM sent regarding your stock on your 40X

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: matchking</div><div class="ubbcode-body">40xb cut to 22"
A1-3 w/ rail
8.5-25x Mark 4

DSC03299.jpg
</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Quickoz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Semour Gunz, what is that mat you have and where did you get it from?? </div></div>

The mat in the picture is a Galatti Deluxe Shooters Mat/ Bag.
I got it from Green Mountain Tactical when they were going out of buisness and they were taking 40% off everything. If I knew how much I was ging to like it, I would have bought 3 of them!
If you shop around, you can find them for around $179 or so.
http://usarmorment.com/galati-deluxe-shooters-mat-free-shipping-p-490.html?language=en

Wow, you all have some pretty high end stuff for just trainers. I on the other hand like keeping it simple. Here's some pics I just took of my trainer and will add a video as well in a minute:

4a1a7e8e.jpg

610acd8b.jpg

13ea3e13.jpg

567fce9e.jpg

516e81d2.jpg

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/j5dSRCcaJCQ"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/j5dSRCcaJCQ" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pat M</div><div class="ubbcode-body">CZ 453 Varmint 22lr
American Eagle ammo at 100yds
5 round group, first 4 in 5/16" 5rd fired opened it to 13/16"

PICT0176.jpg

PICT0178.jpg
</div></div>PatM, I have a CZ453 Varmint. Try some CCI Blazers out of it. You will be surprised at how good they perform out of that rifle.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Maser</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wow, you all have some pretty high end stuff for just trainers. I on the other hand like keeping it simple. Here's some pics I just took of my trainer and will add a video as well in a minute:

4a1a7e8e.jpg

610acd8b.jpg

13ea3e13.jpg

567fce9e.jpg

516e81d2.jpg

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/j5dSRCcaJCQ"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/j5dSRCcaJCQ" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

</div></div>

There's definitely something to be said for keeping it simple.
Looks like you've gotten quite a bit of use out of that rifle! How many rounds would you say you've put down the tube?
It's pretty cool that you still have it. I've often wished I still had my first rifle.

Also, I couldn't help but notice the Transformers comforter in the background.
Not trying to break your balls, but you may want to leave that out of the "gun pics".
Some people might look at that and question the maturity level of the poster.
Just a friendly observation.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Semour Gunz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
There's definitely something to be said for keeping it simple.
Looks like you've gotten quite a bit of use out of that rifle! How many rounds would you say you've put down the tube?
It's pretty cool that you still have it. I've often wished I still had my first rifle.</div></div>

Oh good grief! I can't even put a rough estimate on that question. It used to belong to my older brother and I shot it for the first time when I was 5 and it became "mine" when I was 7. I'm almost 21 now. Even when I got my Ruger 10/22 when I was 13, I still shot the Daisy quite a bit as well. But yeah, it's really hard to put an actual number on it because my shooting habits alternated so much. There were times I'd shoot 5,000 rounds in a single week and others when I shot that in a single year. So lets narrow it down to a simple 2,500 a month. I get 450,000 rounds and even that seems like a rather low number. Trust me when I say this little rifle has been through a lot and is still going strong and most likely will be putting rabbit meat on my son's family's table in the future just like it has been doing mine.

Plink away kid. Hope its still around for you to give to one of your kids.
Oh Yeah, and there will always be some one that will bust your balls about something on these forums...

Good camo job....It took me a second to see there were two rifles there....LOL

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TOP PREDATOR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
MKIIBOLTSIDEFQUARTER.jpg

MKIIREARVIEW.jpg

MKIICROSSHAIRSRANGE.jpg

MKIITOPQUARTER.jpg

MKIITOPFQUARTER.jpg

MKIIBOLTSIDE.jpg

MKIISMOOTHSIDERANGE.jpg

my other trainer (22 mag)and primary:
SHOOTING_STATION_SIDE_VIEW.jpg

.22mag
22MAGRFCPVIEWJPG.jpg

</div></div>

Here is my Savage TR with a R/T 20 MOA base added. The scope is a cheap NCStar that is working until I can afford something better. The factory paint was a little tight on the barrel, so I lightly sanded the barrel channel. This exposed the wood, So I gave it to my father to camouflage and cover the exposed areas. I really haven't had a chance to fire it on a calm day yet. I am getting 2-3 inch 10 round groups at 100, but I suspect it is more accurate than that. I did get the first 4 rounds of wolf extra into a Quarter sized area at 100 during a brief lull in the wind.

TR1.jpg

tr2.jpg

Is that camo pattern called "whoopsy La La"
Rob<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: matchking</div><div class="ubbcode-body">40xb cut to 22"
A1-3 w/ rail
8.5-25x Mark 4

DSC03299.jpg
</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ROBW223</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is that camo pattern called "whoopsy La La"
Rob </div></div>
It is designed to take one's attention away from the tan base and OD rings. I am thinking of ordering all future stocks in this pattern. Makes the rifle easy to find.

My SPS tactical is still wearing the Hogue stock so I put one on my 10/22 and started to play around with camo as well.
IMG00110-20100822-1646-1.jpg

IMG00104-20100822-1638.jpg

In the weeds
IMG00109-20100822-1641-1.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Nighthawker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
In the weeds
</div></div>

Now you need to paint that suppressor

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: B. Melick</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Nighthawker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
In the weeds
</div></div>

Now you need to paint that suppressor </div></div>

I don't know if I have the balls for that. Definitely considering a cover though.

Here is my 40XB in it's current configuration with a Vortex Crossfire 6-24x50mm.

I am re-finishing the original walnut stock right now, so it's in a replacement lighter colored stock from another member on here.

IMG_0177.jpg

IMG_0196.jpg

IMG_0213.jpg

Since I have switched over to an AE I am really trying to decide if I am going to put an AICS on the 40XB. I just really like the "original" look and feel.

I'm in the process of trying to build a trainer. I was going to go with the 10/22 but I am wondering if the .223 would be better for the increased range.

I know I want an ER Shaw Barrel, but can't make a decision on 22 VS 223

i'd say go with the .22 lr (or other rimfire) for economy reasons and that you can learn alot more in a shorter distance and more trigger time for less money.

I think you are right. I was liking the .223 as I could also use it for longer ranges. Time to start looking at building a 22

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TOP PREDATOR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i'd say go with the .22 lr (or other rimfire) for economy reasons and that you can learn alot more in a shorter distance and more trigger time for less money. </div></div>

+1

My wife just had #3, another little boy
smile.gif
so buying up a double stroller, diapers, clothes, and everything else has taken up all my funds lately with her being off work. Sure is nice to have the 22, I can spend a few hours at the range and only be out 20 to 50 bucks!

AMT Custom Challenge Elite. Vortex Viper 6.5-20x50
McMillan STC stock.
Shilen 16.5'' 17 twist match barrel with a Bentz Chamber. 6'' bloop tube ext. .218 bore
AMT trigger.Breaks at 1.5 lbs.
17-4PH Stainless Olympic receiver with threaded barrel and tang lug.
Burris Signature 30mm Zee rings.

AMTVortex60001.jpg

AMTVortex50001.jpg

AMTVortex40001.jpg

AMTVortex30001.jpg

AMTVortex20001.jpg

AMTVortex10001.jpg

10 shots at 50 yards.

AMTVortex90001.jpg