• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Lets see your trainers

Re: Lets see your trainers

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=998975

Diamond Precision Industries custom semi auto rifles built by Sam Paredes and Ron Herbertson from their custom shop in Diamond Springs, California in the mid 90's. Components used were Olympic Arms stainless steel receivers investment cast 17-4PH. Barrels were 6 groove button rifled 17 twist Shilen ultra match barrels with Bentz chambers and a tight .218 bore that have been cryogenically stress relieved at -300 degress in house. The barrels are threaded by way of a .700'' long shank with a 3/4- 20 thread. Receivers also have a tang lug which engages a recess in the stock promoting bedding rigidity and allowing barrel floating. Stocks are McMillan and triggers are an adjustable 6 oz Shilen and a Custom AMT trigger which has a faster lock time than the Shilen.There is no freebore and the bullet is firmly pre - engraved by the rifling upon chambering.

All rifles must meet an in house accuracy standard of .250'' or less with match ammo. The accuracy claim by Diamond Industries is real !!

A little over 500 of these rifle were ever produced. Diamond Industries closed down in 1988 after CA passed it's firearms manufacturers laws.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: woogie_man</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Dang!! That is a sweet rig man....

Any more info on her? </div></div>

AMT Challenge Edtion 22LR, match chamber, made by AMT custom shop. Synthetic stock, stainless action with built in Weaver scope rail and an extremely fine Jewell trigger. The barrel length from the front of the receiver to the end of the barrel is 20.25" and the weight of the rifle is exactly 7 lbs. Action has been glass bedded to stock for increased accuracy. Scope is a Leuplod 3.5-10 vari x III with mildots.

amt100001.jpg

amt10001.jpg

amt20001.jpg

amt40001.jpg

amt50001.jpg

amt60001.jpg

amt70001.jpg

amt80001.jpg

amt90001.jpg

I know it's against the rules to post 3 round groups but i didn't have the balls to fu*k it up. (at least on the 2nd group)

both are 100yd, CZ 453 Varmit w/set trigger American Eagle / Fedral (about a month apart)

Pimped my CZ by putting it in a airsoft AI Folder, ya baby!
PICT0178-1.jpg

3rds22target.jpg

PICT0186.jpg

Dang that is a sweet rifle man. To bad they went out of business.

It is always a blast to have the best of the best.

Good to see that a companies accuracy claim is true as well. She looks like one hell of a shooter.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Maser</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I'm almost 21 now.

There were times I'd shoot 5,000 rounds in a single week and others when I shot that in a single year. So lets narrow it down to a simple 2,500 a month. I get 450,000 rounds and even that seems like a rather low number. </div></div>

seriously? Im rather concerned about the maturity level of the poster.. 21 with transformers sheets... really dude?

450000 rounds huh? wow!

22_new-paint.jpg

Hard to see it, but it's complete with a digital camp paint job. The picture was taken shortly before we were bangin' a 12" steel target at 300 yards.

Savage Mark II
Boyds Tacticool stock
WOTAC 4-14x50 Scope (gen3)

It's a great rifle, and it's going to get shot a whole lot more in the coming weeks and months.

Branden

that weihrauch is a really nice gun. I missed out on one a few years ago. Very hard to find now.

my trainer:
5oea6p.jpg

savage mk2 fvt w/ boyds tact stock, some paint and extras

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Iggy.</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
sakonf.JPG
</div></div>

Details?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CCCCanuck</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Details?</div></div>

As it sits:
Sako Quad Action
Lilja barrel threaded and coated by Short Action Custom
Manners T4 Stock
Rimfire Tech Bottom metal and knob
USO 20MOA rail
Harris bipod
Nightforce F1 with HS turrets and low rings
Eagle stock pack

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1868682

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ed SniPeralez</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Tac-Ops Green Hornet
Lrg. Pic: http://photos.imageevent.com/sniperalezgunworks/squirrelshoot2010/DSCI0153.JPG
DSCI0153.JPG

Ruger 10/22
Lrg. Pic: http://photos.imageevent.com/sniperalezgunworks/inbox/huge/DSCI0014.JPG
DSCI0014.JPG

No ID necessary
wink.gif

Lrg. Pic: http://photos.imageevent.com/sniperalezgunworks/inbox/huge/IMG_8302_2.JPG
IMG_8302_2.JPG
</div></div>

would love to see more pics of the green hornet, got any more?

For the ignorant here (ME) would you please ID the last one with the wood stock. I like it verdi mucho.

I've been watching this thread get longer, and thought it might be time to add my tuppence. I did have a CZ452 Varmint in .17HMR, but sold it having had it only a month. The build quality wasn't there, the trigger was terrible and it just didn't have that 'feel' of something really well made. That's not to say it didn't shoot - it was very accurate.

To replace it I bought a Sako Quad heavy barrel, which is a far better piece of kit. While I wouldn't call it a 'trainer', it seems to fit in here ok.

wp1.jpg

<ul style="list-style-type: disc">[*]Sako Quad heavy barrel in .17HMR [*]2nd hand Harris extendable bipod [*]Edgar Brothers SM11 moderator [*]Falcon Menace 5.5-25x50 on half decent mounts [/list]

[/quote]

would love to see more pics of the green hornet, got any more? [/quote]

-Ruger 77/22 base rifle includes
-SS Volquartsen Heavy Bull Barrel 18.5" has been threaded for suppressor w/thread protector
-Stock textured, painted and inletted to fit the barrel by Tac-Ops
-Tactical Bolt knob mod
-Bolt, Barrel, Receiver coated in Birdsong's Green T coating (the flash makes it look brighter green than it really is, it truly is more of an OD green)

DSCI0128.JPG

DSCI0156.JPG

green3.jpg

green2.jpg

green5.jpg

green6.jpg

green7.jpg

green8.jpg

green10.jpg

<span style="font-size: 14pt"><span style="font-weight: bold">Here’s Daddy .308</span></span>
Tango51b.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ed SniPeralez</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
-Ruger 77/22 base rifle includes
-stainless Volquartsen heavy 18.5" bull barrel, threaded for suppressor, with thread protector
-stock textured, painted and inletted to fit the barrel by Tac-Ops
-tactical bolt knob modification
-bolt, barrel and receiver coated in Birdsong's Green-T coating</div></div>

I've been trying to decide what to do with my own Ruger 77/22, so I really like these options.

Which stock is that?

If you don't mind me asking, then approximately how much did Tac-Ops charge for their work, and how quick was their turn-around/delivery time?

What did Birdsong charge for the Green-T coating? My own Ruger 77/22 already has Green-T, but it has thin factory barrel which I need to replace with a heavier, threaded version like yours...

Right now just a basic Savage Mark II G. Non accutrigger. So far just have a cheap UTG bipod off CTD and a Centerpoint 3-9x scope. For my skill level and the rifle I think the set up works well. just did some 5 shot groups at first and so far it likes Remington Target that I got from Wallyworld. I have plans for it, but they are gonna have to wait until after I get back from Air Force basic training and tech school. Just gonna shoot the crap out of it till I leave. Trigger definitely needs work. Although it's already starting to smooth out some just after shooting it a bit. The bolt is great. Better than some centerfire rifles I've played with before.

MarkII10510a.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Phylodog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here's my 40X. She's probably getting a new paint job this weekend.

IMG_4084.jpg
</div></div>Phylo, I have to ask... where can I get that stock for a Savage MK II???

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ed SniPeralez</div><div class="ubbcode-body">PM sent </div></div>
Would like to know aswell, I already have a Lima and would love another Tac Ops.

I put this together a while back in an attempt to duplicate my 308 (GAP Crusader). It is a 40-XRBR that I put in an A5 stock and fitted with matching optics as well. I just got around to taking pics while preparing to sell it, and thought I would post them here while it is still mine...LOL.

40X-n-USOd.jpg

4oX-n-USOb.jpg

Man, I love that 40X in the A5.

Here is my trainer...to date.

Anschutz MPR
Leupold 6.5x20 LR
DIP 20 MOA base & knob
MK4 rings
10 rnd mag
Coyote Brown Eagle pack

AnschutzMPR002.jpg

AnschutzMPR001.jpg

AnschutzMPR004-1.jpg

She shoots pretty decent for a out of the box rifle....but hell, it is an Anschutz, right?

It like SK Jagd Rifle Match, Wolf Target, and Fed GMM 922A.

Here is a 50 yard target with SKJ RM:

AnschutzMPR.jpg

Here is a 5 shot group on a 14" plate at 210 yards, off bipod, Federal 922A. This is the ammo I shot in the last match. Best I could do. SR

MPRtestWolfTandF922004.jpg

Quad trainer is finally ready to shoot, just needs a little cerakote
quadpic1.jpg

quadpic2.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dumapus</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Quad trainer is finally ready to shoot, just needs a little cerakote
quadpic1.jpg

quadpic2.jpg
</div></div>
OH my... I think some OD cerakote would look fantastic.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: apache308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here is a 5 shot group on a 14" plate at 210 yards, off bipod, Federal 922A. This is the ammo I shot in the last match. Best I could do. SR

MPRtestWolfTandF922004.jpg
</div></div>
<span style="font-size: 20pt"><span style="color: #FF0000"><span style="font-weight: bold">HOLY CRAP!!!</span></span></span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dumapus</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Quad trainer is finally ready to shoot, just needs a little cerakote
quadpic1.jpg

quadpic2.jpg
</div></div>

That is a bad ass rig!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Scott R</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I put this together a while back in an attempt to duplicate my 308 (GAP Crusader). It is a 40-XRBR that I put in an A5 stock and fitted with matching optics as well. I just got around to taking pics while preparing to sell it, and thought I would post them here while it is still mine...LOL.

40X-n-USOd.jpg

4oX-n-USOb.jpg

This by far is my favorite trainer ever made!

</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bob L. Swagger</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Scott R</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I put this together a while back in an attempt to duplicate my 308 (GAP Crusader). It is a 40-XRBR that I put in an A5 stock and fitted with matching optics as well. I just got around to taking pics while preparing to sell it, and thought I would post them here while it is still mine...LOL.

40X-n-USOd.jpg

4oX-n-USOb.jpg

This by far is my favorite trainer ever made!

</div></div> </div></div>
It is currently for sale, see the for sale section.

Here's mine. Savage Mark II FV. The scope is a Centerpoint I mounted while I'm waiting for a Millet TRS-1 to arrive from Midway. I extended the length of pull with a spacer under the butt plate and made the adjustable cheek piece. There's a 20 MOA shim under the rear scope mount. I may try the trigger spring modification, but it actually feels decent just adjusted to minimum.

Paint is Krylon. Daughter's handprints are latex paint with a clear coat to keep them from washing off. Pretty silly.

First time out with that crappy scope, it delivered 1" groups at 100 yards with Wolf and Eley. Will do more ammo testing once the proper scope arrives and the snow melts off the ground.

CIMG3380.jpg

GREAT CAMO JOB!!

I will bet that you will never find anyone else to have that same pattern :p

My Savage MKII post op. Used to set in a BTV stock recently tossed it in a Tacticool.

SAVduo.jpg

sakoP95Ssmall.jpg

target22lrsmall.jpg

My SAKO P94S target rifle has a carbon fiber stock and a nightforce 12-42X56 benchrest scope whole thing weighs in at 3.95Kg (have a 4Kg weight limet)
the target is 5 shots shot at 50M in the post sitting position

WOW. I dont know what I like more, the gun or the tires on the truck in the background. what size are those puppies and what kind of truck are they on and how much lift is on that. I have a chevy z71 step stide with 12 inches and 44 inch tires on it.

Love the rig! Im in love with that stock as well! Any more info on the maker?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: grevo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
sakoP95Ssmall.jpg

target22lrsmall.jpg

My SAKO P94S target rifle has a carbon fiber stock and a nightforce 12-42X56 benchrest scope whole thing weighs in at 3.95Kg (have a 4Kg weight limet)
the target is 5 shots shot at 50M in the post sitting position </div></div>

You guys stumbled onto a thread over a year old, so dont be surprised if you dont get an answer.

To stay on topic:

My current set-up
Rem 40X
MC A5
SS 5-20

2nkjmmh.jpg

Shooting at 400 yds - 50% hit ratio. Was unable to spot hits due to snow or I think I could have done better.
Target is 45% (8x12 ish)

34oy5gp.jpg

Regards,
DT

Sweet. Free opportunity to post this:

Picture1871Large.jpg

CZ 452V in a Manners T4.
Will have a Bushnell 10x40 mil-adjusted unit soon riding in SWFA SSTAC lows.
Hacked up trigger like 762 in another Rimfire section thread.
On a really good day, I have managed this at 100 yards:
Pt2Image1of2.jpg

Note: I said me, not the rifle
grin.gif
I'm hoping I can get more consistent shooting position with the Manners and trigger pull now after chopping some of it off.

And this too:
Picture1057Large.jpg

Sig 522 SWAT with a 20" barrel installed.
Going to have the same Bushy 10x mil-adjusted glass on here as well in SSTAC Mediums.
Loading the shit out of the bipod makes life/groups suck. I'm taking it out again soon and shooting off a pack and will hopefully get better results. Each time I took it out, the only inconsistent thing was the bipod, and loading it hard without the handguard being freefloating has to be causing problems. Actually waiting on a solution to fix that freefloat problem.

Best I've managed at 100 yards:
Picture1074Large.jpg

I've been chasing those results for coming up on a year now, and haven't recreated them yet. I have high hopes. And some SK Match to ease my pains if the Eley Target Rifle doesn't work like before.