• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Lets see your USMC M40-M40A6!!!

callsignninja

Private
Minuteman
Sep 15, 2018
Hi! Rules are simple; please show us your issued and/or clone USMC M40, M401, M40A3, M40A5, or M40A6!!!

I'll start.

Here's an issued circa 2015 in Eastern Europe.
AC90E5B2-1A2C-4AE4-9A9B-1C68C76A864C.JPG

Here's my clone of the above that I finally was able to finish ~4 years later; C&H built, everything is correct except for the "RR" receiver, the bolt knob, and the non-8541 marked optic.
D2DD9BC8-781B-404A-861B-EA56074EA2A8.JPG

Edited to add: I finally figured out how to post pictures..

Last edited:
Your picture didn't show up

My A1 in return smear stock , have a TBA built M40A2 (debatable), M40A3 with CMP return Unertl (being rebuilt right now), M40A5 is off to Raven Rifles for a spec build. THe A3 and A5 will have the correct S&B 3-12x50 scopes when all is said and done. The Unertl will go on the A1 and the USO MST may be sold.
A1

A3

A 1,2, A5 in parts lol

Your picture didn't show up

My A1 in return smear stock , have a TBA built M40A2 (debatable), M40A3 with CMP return Unertl (being rebuilt right now), M40A5 is off to Raven Rifles for a spec build. THe A3 and A5 will have the correct S&B 3-12x50 scopes when all is said and done. The Unertl will go on the A1 and the USO MST may be sold.
A1

A3

A 1,2, A5 in parts lol
That's weird.. I can see the pictures I posted just fine on my MAC. What website do y'all use to host pictures here? I'm still new to posting on SH..

Thanks ! Just waiting on my BO scope rings to come then she’ll be complete !!

Noooo.... How could you!??

HA, I know I know... It was several years ago and I was just trading around. I don't even know if I sold it or traded it at this point. It was my 2nd GAP M40 spec build I had this A5 and an A3 that I actually shot the shit out of. I really like them but the only one I would ever keep would be a M40 or a M40A1, one day...

Reactions: deltawiskey
Shoots good. I love the stillers. Tight firm and smooth.

I looked at the website and tried to find info about them. Looks pretty fledgling. Frogs don't build them, they only pull the trigger. There isn't a lot of rocket science behind the mod7. It is only parts put together. The trigger, flash hider, and recoil lug are the only difficult items to get. The trigger can be supplemented with the Geissele R700, The 3 prong flash hider will fit the can and the recoil lug that Stiller supplies is the same spec just a different material. The Mod7 is an upgrade from the previous chassis as it has a full rail and is very nice in both function and ergonomics. The trigger is better than the Xtreme as they were known to go faulty (esp after people messed with them). The barrel didn't change much other than contour to work inside the rail. The flash hider allowed the use of the Surefire suppressor versus the additional machining the mod 5 barrel required for the AAC can. The reamer is the same and sourced from PTG.
I hope this helps.

Last edited:
I looked at the website and tried to find info about them. Looks pretty fledgling. Frogs don't build them, they only pull the trigger. There isn't a lot of rocket science behind the mod7. It is only parts put together. The trigger, flash hider, and recoil lug are the only difficult items to get. The trigger can be supplemented with the Geissele R700, The 3 prong flash hider will fit the can and the recoil that Stiller supplies is the same spec just a different material. The Mod7 is an upgrade from the previous chassis as it has a full rail and is very nice in both function and ergonomics. The trigger is better than the Xtreme as they were known to go faulty (esp after people messed with them). The barrel didn't change mush other than contour to work inside the rail. The flash hider allowed the use of the Surefire suppressor versus the additional machining the mod 5 barrel required for the AAC can. The reamer is the same and sourced from PTG.
I hope this helps.
His website is not too great but I promise you he’s the real deal. Just call the phone number on that card when you’re ready (;

Reactions: Jgrovem110
Targets at Range 4 at Quantico are the traditional style. Not aware of steel targets being used, but I suppose it’s possible on other ranges at that base.

Most of the guys with Quantico Shooting club (the on base shooting club) shoot steel plates that they provide. The only time the paper targets get hung in the carriers is for competitions.... which only happen a couple of times a year.

Reactions: callsignninja
I stand corrected, my visits to Range 4 have primarily been for the vintage precision rifle competitions. I need to get down there more often.

Most of the guys with Quantico Shooting club (the on base shooting club) shoot steel plates that they provide. The only time the paper targets get hung in the carriers is for competitions.... which only happen a couple of times a year.
I'm recently honorable discharged from the Marines and is currently going to school in Richmond. I don't mind the drive up to MCB Quantico. How do I get to shoot there?

I just looked through it real quick and didn't see it; is there still a restriction where you have live so-and-so miles within the radius of MCB Quantico to become a member?

Not that I am aware of, but you should call them to ask. They run 3 vintage Precison rifle matches per year. Usually late April, Memorial Day weekend (‘Remember the Brave’ Match), and in mid to late Sept. Non members can participate in those, they just pay a little more, and guys drive in from MD, PA and other places to compete with their old school sniper rifles.

Random stop talking out of your ass. He isn't asking about the matches. He is asking about membership. Ninja there is no mileage stipulation. It is the same as most clubs with dues and asking for participation. They ask for members to become RSO's so they can check out the ranges. Go to the website and research. There isn't much on the rifle side as guys just lie to lay down at 1000 and hit the gong. There is also action pistol, shotgun, etc offered. If you are local it is one of the few places to shoot in the area. Mil and prior are encouraged to join.

"According to the Quantico Shooting Club by-laws, the Board of Directors may approve Quantico Shooting Club, Inc membership for U.S. citizens, who are legally eligible to possess or use firearms (individually or with adult supervision), and live within the are of Quantico (per our MOA). "
I just looked through it real quick and didn't see it; is there still a restriction where you have live so-and-so miles within the radius of MCB Quantico to become a member?

This might affect who gets regular membership vs associate membership.

"According to the Quantico Shooting Club by-laws, the Board of Directors may approve Quantico Shooting Club, Inc membership for U.S. citizens, who are legally eligible to possess or use firearms (individually or with adult supervision), and live within the are of Quantico (per our MOA). "

This might affect who gets regular membership vs associate membership.
This is what worries me. I remembered from looking over the rules a while back that they only accept members that live within a 60 miles radius of MCB Quantico. Being in Richmond put me outside of that radius so I didn't sign up. I can only shoot out to 600m where I'm at right now and that's extremely boring. Being able to reach 1,000m would be a little more fun haha.