• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes Leupold Mark 4 ER/T or NF... Bought a Nightforce

bigbang

Private
Minuteman
May 1, 2012
Vermont
I'm considering the following scopes (another option added) which I can get for about the same price (less than retail). The Leupold Mark 4 ER/T 6.5-20x50mm with 34mm maintube M5A2, locking adjustment, and the TMR reticle (part number 67810) or the Nightforce NXS 8-32x56 with .25 MOA, zero stop and the NP2-DD (part number C350) The scope is for my incomming EDM Arms Windrunner and was wondering if anyone has any experience with them. Most of my shooting will be 600 yards or under although I do hope to really stretch the legs out on it eventually. My question is what do you feel is the all around better optic. I will be saving more all around on the Leupold compared to the Nightforce. The main differences I see is that the Leupold is Front Focal and has a 34mm maintube. The Nightforce has higher magnification (not a big deal to me) and is illuminated. I need to get the most bang for my buck and want something I won't have to send in for repairs since it will go on a .50. Which way should I go? Thanks in advance. Focal

Re: Leupold Mark 4 ER/T 6.5-20x50mm 34mm maintube M5A2

Ive got one mounted on my winny and its a fantastic scope especially for what I paid for it

Burnout, what rings do you have it mounted with? How is the glass compared to say a nightforce, I haven't gotten a chance to look through one yet.

I have quite a bit of experience with one and IMHO its a very nice scope. I also own the F1 with a MLR2 and picking a winner between the two is tough, I enjoy both of them equally.

If your getting the price I think your getting you will be very pleased.

Thanks guys, for the price I'm getting I figured I couldn't go wrong but if I'm going to be spending that much money I'd like a little reassurance! Any ring suggestions for the 34mm tube. keep in mind the scope will be going on a 50 cal.

I just went with the leupold mark 4 rings because I was getting a discount on them. also I would have to say the glass is exceptional and overall you can tell the thing was built like a tank.

I had Leupold MK4 rings on my Barrett M107 50bmg for almost 4000 rounds and they never left a mark on any of the scopes.

Thanks for the responses everyone, I was looking at the aad mounts today but if the Mark 4 rings will do the job and for much cheaper I may go that route, the U.S. Optics ones looked nice too though..... Burnout, what height rings do you have and do you have any pictures of your complete setup?

Take a look at the American Rifle M10 rings

http://americanrifle.com/store/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=13&idcategory=2

m10rings_530_detail.jpg

or to see how they look mounted on the scope:

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3439797#Post3439797

IMG_9484.jpg

IMG_9483.jpg

Well..... I decided to go with a Nightforce. I ended up ordering a plain jane NXS 5.5-22x56 with the NP-R1 reticle from Eurooptic. I went with the Nightforce extra high rings. It should be here Friday, I'm kind of excited. Thanks for everyone's input.

That is a very nice scope! Have fun with it.

Re: Leupold Mark 4 ER/T or NF... Bought a Nightforce

Only here on the Hide is a NSX "Plain Jane", IMHO what you have there is one of the best SFP scopes on the planet.

Re: Leupold Mark 4 ER/T or NF... Bought a Nightforce

Thanks, it's not plain jane to me but I know to some it is.