• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Leupold Mark 6 1-6x

alpharider

Private
Minuteman
Apr 5, 2013
I have a chance to buy a new Leupold Mark 6 1-6x with the CMR-W reticle in 7.62 for $1550. It would be mounted on my Scar 17s and I'm curious if this is a good deal?

I've read many reviews on the scope and everyone seems to rave about it, would you jump on this deal?

Thanks guys.

Just bought it, now I need to find a good mount. Any suggestions?
I got an ADM 34mm from Liberty Optics with my scope. Works great.
DSCN3032_zpsb99ec940.jpg

Check out Bobro extended mount. I've got my Leupold VX 6 1-6 mounted on my SCAR 17 with one and it's lever release returns to zero every time and is worth every penny.
Skip

image.jpgimage.jpg

I really like the alamo four star 34mm. I've had great luck with strength, repeat zero and the fact that it has six cross/locking bars through the picatinny rails just really increases the rigid foot print over most others that just have 2. I say this and to lay it out there; I only have real experience with arms, adm and larue. I have never held a bobro or gdi.

Man, this site makes my wallet hurt! I have to get one of those mk6 1-6x! (Sorry, not trying to crap on OP's question.)

Man, this site makes my wallet hurt! I have to get one of those mk6 1-6x! (Sorry, not trying to crap on OP's question.)

I feel the same way lol! As soon as I saw a picture of the mark 6 and read a few online reviews I was hooked :)

Does anyone know how capable this scope would be with night vision? I'm thinking of getting a psv-14 with a helmet.

Thanks guys.

Does anyone know how capable this scope would be with night vision? I'm thinking of getting a psv-14 with a helmet.

Thanks guys.

Well I am not sure what you mean by capable. Are you going to try and pair these two in series? This scope would probably do really well with a front mounted night vision device. In my experience, and what i have used, they do well with lower powered scopes or the day scope on lower power.

If you have a helmet mounted pvs14, which I have used a lot, I have always used it paired with a weapon mounted laser. I tried to mount it behind an eotech once to see how it was. It was terrible.

The pvs 14 is a solid performer. Pair it with an IR laser and call it good. I think with this setup the scope is irrelevant.

I would wait for the TMR reticle version, as it's not caliber or bullet specific. Also make sure you buy 2013 production, I think there was an illumination issue with early production versions.

I would wait for the TMR reticle version, as it's not caliber or bullet specific. Also make sure you buy 2013 production, I think there was an illumination issue with early production versions.

Per the other thread, I think that was a myth:

Got a call from the service department at Leupold today.

The illumination being lost is a function of the way illumination works on a FFP scope. The whole "x vs y" serial number has nothing to do with the illumination, they are the same scope and the serial number is the only difference. He is spreading the word around the company about it, as there is no fix.

So, I'm doing my part to put an end to this internet myth.

-Bob

I have one of the early production 1-6s and the illumination looks like the other two, newer, scopes I've seen. I don't think there is a problem with the illumination. I think there is a problem with the way the illumination looks vs the way people expected it to look.

The illumination is perfectly functional in any situation I could possibly foresee and the slight variance from the way people expect it to look and it looks is a non issue after a couple of hours shooting.

I think overall this is a great scope that really offers a lot of flexibility and capability to a rifle.