• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes Leupold Mark AR series

tigmaned

Private
Minuteman
Oct 13, 2009
MD
how are Leupold Mark AR series of riflescopes? the 3-9 powered are prices really good. but how is the glass...
how does it compare to that Weaver tactical 3-9?
i am thinking about one of these Leupolds for my 700 sps-v in 223.
going to sell my Nikon buckmaster 4-14 power first.

Re: Leupold Mark AR series

I really like the Mark ARs they are outstanding little scopes. The tubs feel solid, the glass is clean, the turret are not the best but they are nicer than a lot of other scopes turrets in the same price range.

We have them in stock.

Mike @ CST

Think VXII quality IMHO??
is that better glass then say a Nikon buckmaster?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tigmaned</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Think VXII quality IMHO??
is that better glass then say a Nikon buckmaster? </div></div>

I would say it is better. I have a buckmaster and Mark AR 3-9 and the Leupold is a lot better in low light than the buckmaster in my opinion and I thought the buckmaster was good for the money..

Really is just a renamed VXII with an all black tacticool look and different reticles. It was called M2 for a couple years before they changed and focused on the AR specific designation. Pretty good glass for the money and best of all it's a Leupold so they hold there value if your using it as a stepping stone until best quality glass can be acquired .

Cheers!

Rooter

I've used the Mark AR when shooting my friend's gun. I think the light transmission is pretty good, the image is bright. However, the contrast and color are not as great; my Mueller TacII kicked its butt in that department.

Still, for the price it is a decent scope. Certainly better than Leupold's Redfield series which seem to pack a good tube with mediocre glass.

Had a 3-9 Mark AR for a while. I liked it alot for its price.
Good image, good FOV.

thanks for the help on this!
anyone out there happen to be looking for a 4-14 BDC Buckmaster..