• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Optics leupold mark5 hd 899

Crazy. Here at the Boise Cabelas location. I tried all of tricks outlined by members today. None worked. All the priced are back to normal I guess, here in Boise. The manager did say the sale ended yesterday. He said it was for in stock- on hand, in store only. He said the two they had, had been bought the 1st hr they opened the other day. That a customer bought one and the employee that sold it then bought the second. He said that the store manager wasn’t even notified of the sale. That they didn’t even get sale tags. They just rang up $899.97. Crazy stuff. I was going to sell my scope. But I will wait till the $899 madness ends

Well ya saved me a trip, silver linings or something.....

Damn Cabelas in Madison had none, also they suck.
They never answer the phone and when I did get thru they said gun counter will not accept phone calls, thanks bass pro for fucking up another semi good store.

Damn Cabelas in Madison had none, also they suck.
They never answer the phone and when I did get thru they said gun counter will not accept phone calls, thanks bass pro for fucking up another semi good store.
Can’t blame the store for us running out when this started five days ago and buying them your a little late to the party. Thank the dems for the gun Counter not answering calls cause there selling more firearm related merchandise then anytime in history and may be a little busy. Don’t know if it’s fair to say the store is fucked when you look at it logically, just saying.

Not because they don’t have the scope, more because they lack basic customer service. Also none of the cabelas lifetime warranty’s are being honored, so yeah they fucked it up. lol

Currently driving to STL to see if I can price match the one I ordered to the store...2 hours each way.

Depends on when you ordered the scope. I was able to get my online order price matched. I ordered it on Saturday though when the sale was still going on, I also showed the picture of the Cabela's signage saying sale lasts until July 19th, I didn't have to do too much to get it matched, but that might have been just my local cabelas.

Can’t blame the store for us running out when this started five days ago and buying them your a little late to the party. Thank the dems for the gun Counter not answering calls cause there selling more firearm related merchandise then anytime in history and may be a little busy. Don’t know if it’s fair to say the store is fucked when you look at it logically, just saying.
Lol it's all the Democrats fault:):):):):)

Reactions: Kwe1982
Score...online order to store worked.
A75B6145-614D-4248-A127-FDE67FEA7A1E.jpeg

Even when not depleted, they end up cancelling the order.

I’ve ordered twice now, on two subsequent days at BassPro, credit card accepted and charged both times. Go online the next day and they show cancelled. No email, notification, or phone call.

I give up.

Keep watching, it will eventually show “limited stock” and will accept an order. It’ll charge your card and you’ll think sweeeeet.

Until they eventually cancel the order without a word.

one of you that got multiple i have cash plus a 30% off swarovski cert if you're willing to part with one

Keep watching, it will eventually show “limited stock” and will accept an order. It’ll charge your card and you’ll think sweeeeet.

Got charged and charges fell off like 10 plus times on "delayed" "instock" powder. Some of it they eventually canceled, I canceled the rest.

Got charged and charges fell off like 10 plus times on "delayed" "instock" powder. Some of it they eventually canceled, I canceled the rest.
Had that happen alot.. says limited stock.. order it.. next day. Part of your order is delayed... stupid

They have canceled over 10 firearms orders from my family this year.

they have a tikka tsr-1 that is apparently damaged beyond repair at one store and it keeps getting discounted down to like 699$ Online at this point and I order it and 3 days later they cancel. They’ve also canceled x bolts, seekins rifles, other tikkas, buck marks, Christiansen’s and a few others on my this year.

They have a truly incompetent inventory system

I’ll add they(bass pro) have also canceled 4 powder orders to the store because the couldn’t get “approval” by my credit card.... which was their club card ...

Last edited:
Good catch. This thread has more street cred, But yea could have a friend who's been a member who tipped him to go buy them. I had a friend who's first post was buying a rifle that I tipped him towards. 1k shipped is also the hook up price.

Hey Guys,

I have 5 more available, one is open box and the other four are sealed. I’m selling them for $1120 (my cost + $100). They will be shipped with insurance for the full amount. PayPal FF or Venmo only.

ETA: they can’t ship until the 10th. I had to order boxes to ship these in and they will be here on the 9th.

Last edited:
Hey Guys,

I have 5 more available, one is open box and the other four are sealed. I’m selling them for $1120 (my cost + $100). They will be shipped with insurance for the full amount. PayPal FF or Venmo only.

ETA: they can’t ship until the 10th. I had to order boxes to ship these in and they will be here on the 9th.
Id like one if you are able

Hey Guys,

Whats the specs on the ones you have? If it’s the 5-25ish tmr I’m in for one

I want to thank yall for buying these quickly. I didnt want to be broke, yalls quick reactions saved me the pain. Good deals

Went to bps this morning, no 3-18x on the shelf. Got a free case of 210m primers with my rewards points, not a complete waste of a trip. Only reason I went to bps, drove to work this morning not realizing the 4th was being observed today. Only had to wait in the bass pro parking lot for an hour. 🙄

I'm in the Boise Cabelas. Just talked to Mike the manager. He said they won't honor the Leupold sale still going on at Bass Pro stores. He said they are considered a different store then Bass Pro and won't help me. But he did say he was sorry, and walked away fast.
if you look through the thread you will see that this is/was a Cabelas sell not a Bass Pro sell. Scroll up a page or two and there is a Cabelas ad picture.

edit: I see your looking for the VX6 not the Mark 5. I’ve been to about 7 bass pro shop’s (on vacation) I don’t remember seeing a sale add for the VX6 but they have rang up 849 (or so).

Last edited:
I'm in the Boise Cabelas. Just talked to Mike the manager. He said they won't honor the Leupold sale still going on at Bass Pro stores. He said they are considered a different store then Bass Pro and won't help me. But he did say he was sorry, and walked away fast.
hahahaha, that is convenient for them to use that angle. Funny how almost everything in that store now says Bass Pro Shop on it... Great for them to streamline products and increase production to decrease cost... but ask about a deal honored at a sister store and get told "nope sorry can't help, we aren't related..."

Update. I took the scope I bought full price online on Saturday to my local Cabelas in Boise. Told them I hears about the sale, showed him a picture from another store about the sale ending on the 19th. He ended up talking to someone and came back and said they would honor the sale price. I didn’t complain and thanked them for helping me out.
Can you post the picture/pictures you used to sway their intentions?

Also, my friends walked into that store, asked about the sale, was told they had none in stock but could order for that price at the gun counter, then went to customer service and scopes rang up full price, went back to gun counter with customer service and the manager came in and said they would allow it. They ordered 3.
I was in McCall and ordered 1 online and had it shipped to me, I took it in a couple days ago and told them the cabelas sign at another store still says sale until July 19th, he went off and came back and told me they would honor the sale.

So we have ordered 4 scopes and all of them have been at the sale price... not a single one was in stock at the store at the time of purchase.

Hey if anybody is interested I’m selling mine I bought for $1250 shipped