• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes Leupold Question?

1rocky1

Private
Minuteman
Jun 19, 2012
www.purekustomholsters.com
I'm looking to get a new Mark 4 LR/T 4.5-25 x 50mm scope. But the ER/T has spiked my interest. Is there a big difference between the LR/T and the ER/T? The purpose for the scope is for 500 & 1000 yard matches. Mounted on a 300 win mag or a .308

Thanks in advance.
Rocky

Re: Leupold Question?

I think the ERT models are FFP with .1 mil click knobs.

For leupold I would wait a little while to see what the Mk6 3-18 is going to sell for streetprice wise. It is a much better scope than the mk4's.

Libertyoptics is having a sale on their IOR scopes right now. I have had good luck with them in the past tracking/function wise and the glass is very good. Better than a mk4. Their 4-16 model is 1400$ right now and is FFP, illuminated, great reticule, 10mil elevation knob and a zero stop and scot @ liberty takes care of people.

There is also a bushnell 3-21 model with the G2DMR reticule for 1200something. It is very popular right now and definitely worth a look.

Re: Leupold Question?

In my opinion instead of trying to decide which brand of scope you want to buy try to figure out what features you need in a scope for the shooting you intend to do. For shooting matches here are the things you want to look for in a scope.

matching ret/adj, mil/mil moa/moa
range of adjustment
zero stop
first focal plane
at lease 20x magnification
one of the milling type ret. over the mildot

Some of the optics makers offer all of these features in one scope and some of them offer only a few in one scope. Now when you put a price limit on the scope you will buy, chances are you will have to decide which one of the above features is more important because you may not be able to get them all in one scope. I am bad about wanting my cake and eat it too so i have to pay for it but in the end spending all that money only hurts until you go to the range and shoot it one time.

Shot my first match a few weeks ago and saw NF, S&B, USO, VORTEX, I noticed very few Mk4s.
Good luck hope this helped.