• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Liberty Optics Still Legit?

Napeequa55

Private
Minuteman
May 20, 2020
I've purchased optics from Liberty Optics before. This time around it's been 8 days and no word on shipping. I tried calling but the number provided in my order confirmation has been deactivated.

Wondering if Liberty is still G2G or if people have been having issues with them?

Thanks

Should still be fine I bought a couple MK5's from Scott not too long ago but I do think they were moving recently, what number did you call Ill see if I cant find his las email to me... @LibertyOptics help with the above...
406-890-2714 was the number I'm the order email.

As I said I had a positive experience before with Liberty just wanted to verify things are still good. I sent an email so I'll wait for him to get back.

I'm leaving for a hunt next week and was hoping to get the new binos by then - that's the only reason I decided to followup on SH to make sure I shouldn't be pursuing another channel.

Reactions: jwp475
406-890-2714 was the number I'm the order email.

As I said I had a positive experience before with Liberty just wanted to verify things are still good. I sent an email so I'll wait for him to get back.

I'm leaving for a hunt next week and was hoping to get the new binos by then - that's the only reason I decided to followup on SH to make sure I shouldn't be pursuing another channel.
I PM'd ya with Scott's number that is different than what you have above, I don't remember if it was his cell or not so didn't wanna put it in this thread... Wouldn't worry about it at all personally and I haven't heard of anyone else having any issues with Liberty either...

Reactions: Napeequa55
Absolutely g2g.

With pandemic he also lists lead times on things, which were accurate. Make sure you aren't waiting on something like that.

Absolutely good to go

If you want a great deal on optics Scott is your man. Might have to wait a little while. That’s ok with me.

Scott is legit. In fact he might be……

too-legit-quit.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Basher
GTG. He was in Montana for years, moved for awhile but is now back home in Montana, up and running.

I just noticed that the most recent thread, "Liberty Optics and Sniper's Hide Always a Good Match" has been removed and the Liberty website is inaccessible...concerning for anyone with unfulfilled orders.

Reactions: BurtG
Hopefully just a glitch in the system. I have had a number of satisfactory purchases with Scott @ Liberty Optics

Reactions: Jumper
Give him a call at (406) 827-6543 to see what’s up. Snagged his number off of google as I didn’t save it to my phone.

I’ve used him before 2-4 times. Great experience all around.

The website being down could be a temporary permission glitch or something went sideways during an update (wouldn't be the first time his website was temporarily broken) but the website being down this morning and Scott's thread in the px being deleted/MIA around the same time is a bit concerning... especially since the most recent posts in the now missing px thread from the last 4-5 days were people saying they weren't hearing back from Scott, which isn't typical of him.

Scott's user profile shows he was last signed on here at 9:26pm last night (10/16) so he may still be checking in.

As someone who's been doing business with Scott for 18 years or so and placed enough orders that he had my shipping address memorized I hope everything's ok. I still have his personal cell phone number from his brief time in Florida; I'll give it a try but I'm not sure it's still his number anymore after moving back to Montana.

Last edited:
Reactions: jwp475
His phone is disconnected. The deleted posts, comments and website being down at the same time is a little coincidental

His phone is disconnected. The deleted posts, comments and website being down at the same time is a little coincidental

Well, that isn't a good sign. I just tried calling too and it says "your call could not be completed as dialed, please check the number and try again."

I've also got a few G3's on order from July and this sudden drop off has me concerned... But since vortex is drop shipping this stuff once stock is available, as long as Scott got the PO placed and payment and shipping info sent to vortex we should eventually get our scopes even if something did happen to him or the business. That's a big "if" though.

I don't think it's time to try confirming our order and payment status with vortex directly and/or initiate a credit card chargeback yet, but if Scott doesn't make contact with anyone here by the end of the week I'm going to try reaching out to vortex first to confirm my order has been placed and the associated PO from Scott is paid (in which case I'll just sit tight and wait for my scopes) or if vortex hasn't been paid I'll be contacting my credit card company to start the chargeback process.

Keeping my fingers crossed he's gone radio silent for a temporary medical/family emergency thing or something like that; I've always enjoyed talking to Scott over the years, but for him to just go dark on his website, nuke the large px thread here, and now apparently for the phone to stop working within 24 hours certainly isn't normal...

Last edited:
Well, that isn't a good sign. I just tried calling too and it says "your call could not be completed as dialed, please check the number and try again."

I've also got a few G3's on order from July and this sudden drop off has me concerned... But since vortex is drop shipping this stuff once stock is available, as long as Scott got the PO placed and payment sent to vortex we should eventually get our scopes even if something did happen to him or the business. That's a big "if" though.

I don't think it's time to try confirming our order and payment status with vortex directly and/or initiate a credit card chargeback yet, but if Scott doesn't make contact with anyone here within the next week I'm going to try reaching out to vortex first to confirm my order has been placed and the associated PO from Scott is paid (in which case I'll just sit tight and wait for my scopes) or if vortex hasn't been paid I'll be contacting my credit card company to start the chargeback process.

Keeping my fingers crossed he's gone radio silent for a temporary medical/family emergency thing or something like that; I've always enjoyed talking to Scott over the years, but for him to just go dark on his website, nuke the large px thread here, and now apparently for the phone to be not working within 24 hours certainly isn't normal...
So by now we know the phone is down. So calling and posting that his phone is down doesn’t make this anymore or less serious than it is.

I just got off the phone with Vortex. Someone else called earlier today and they are trying to get a hold of Scott, who they haven't been able to reach yet. They recommended initiating a charge back if you can. They took my info and said they will reach out when they get an update. The website going down is not a big deal. But couple that with threads purposely deleted and then the phone disconnected, doesn't take a genius to figure out whats happening. They did not tell me if the scopes were already paid for, but I will ask again when they reach out. I recommended everyone save whatever communication they have, for a number of reasons. Lets give Scott a few days, maybe there is a legit reason and recourse so I don't want to burn him at the stake yet. But it doesn't look good so far.

I just got off the phone with Vortex. Someone else called earlier today and they are trying to get a hold of Scott, who they haven't been able to reach yet. They recommended initiating a charge back if you can.

I think we likely spoke to the same person. He is checking if there's an outstanding order for me.

I will post the results here when I find out.

Last edited:
I just got off of a chat with Clay over at Vortex. He was able to confirm my end of June order was paid/in their system. He mentioned that drop ship orders are generally taking about six months to fulfill with some variance in fulfillment time.

I’d assume if you were an end of June order you’re probably good. Maybe someone from July/August can reach out and confirm further dates.

I just got off the phone with Vortex. Someone else called earlier today and they are trying to get a hold of Scott, who they haven't been able to reach yet. They recommended initiating a charge back if you can. They took my info and said they will reach out when they get an update. The website going down is not a big deal. But couple that with threads purposely deleted and then the phone disconnected, doesn't take a genius to figure out whats happening. They did not tell me if the scopes were already paid for, but I will ask again when they reach out. I recommended everyone save whatever communication they have, for a number of reasons. Lets give Scott a few days, maybe there is a legit reason and recourse so I don't want to burn him at the stake yet. But it doesn't look good so far.
If you can file a charge back today, you can probably file one tomorrow. I think it would be wise to wait another day or 2 as it’s pretty hard to believe he’d just disappear.

Guys. I have known Scott, through the industry, for probably the better part of 20 years. He's a stand up guy and I can't imagine him just disappearing. I called a different # I have for him and left him a voicemail. When I hear back from him I'll inform him about this thread so he can jump on and clear up whatever confusion has happened here.

He was active on here shortly after I posted his name in this thread. I hope he's doing ok
Screenshot_20231017-144350_Chrome.jpg

He was active on here shortly after I posted his name in this thread. I hope he's doing ok

Unless I'm misreading the timestamps, it was about 12 hours BEFORE you tagged him.

You posted at 11:19A ... he was here at 12:26A, not 12:26P.

I just got off of a chat with Clay over at Vortex. He was able to confirm my end of June order was paid/in their system. He mentioned that drop ship orders are generally taking about six months to fulfill with some variance in fulfillment time.

I’d assume if you were an end of June order you’re probably good. Maybe someone from July/August can reach out and confirm further dates.
Did he say when those ordered are paid for?

So by now we know the phone is down. So calling and posting that his phone is down doesn’t make this anymore or less serious than it is.

I also tried calling Scott's personal cell phone number he gave me many years ago, but that number was from his brief time in Florida. It didn't work either, but since I haven't called him on that number in several years I don't know if he dropped that number when he moved back to Montana or if it's a recent disconnection.

Guys. I have known Scott, through the industry, for probably the better part of 20 years. He's a stand up guy and I can't imagine him just disappearing. I called a different # I have for him and left him a voicemail. When I hear back from him I'll inform him about this thread so he can jump on and clear up whatever confusion has happened here.

Much appreciated, hopefully you find out some good news before all of us with open backorders start hounding vortex...

Would agree that I don’t think there’s any need to do a chargeback currently.
Did he say when those ordered are paid for?

I didn’t think to ask when they were paid for, just got confirmation that they were paid.

I don’t think there’s any need to grab the pitchforks or do any chargebacks currently. If you’re concerned, Vortex was quick to answer the chat and give confirmation of the order. I’d suggest sitting tight for now.

That’s the address on his invoices and envelopes…

May 27th order not paid to vortex with an email from Scott saying they received on the 29th