• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Liberty Trainer

Halfnutz

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jan 14, 2008
    Peoria County, Illinois
    Here is my stab at putting a liberty trainer together. I have three "Godsons" ages 13, 17, and 18. The oldest is recieving his Eagle scout badge this weekend. Both of the other boys are also in scouts and well on there way to earning thier Eagle Scout badges also. I told them If they would come up with half, I would cover the rest. Thier half was $100. i couldn't leave well enough alone so my half was a little more.

Base rifle $250, Tech sights and sling, about $80.

The Base rifle is a "Distributor Special" from Zanders, 16.1 inch barrel, and comes with the Houge stock. All that was needed werre the Tech Sights and a sling.
    The boys live in a rural area, have access to Hunting ground, and plenty of back yard. Them not having a .22 was just not right.

The worst thing about putting this together for them, is that now I want one. Light, handy, looks cool, hopefully it'll shoot. They should know this weekend.

DSCN0290.jpg

DSCN0291.jpg

DSCN0292.jpg

Re: Liberty Trainer

So...have you taken them to an Appleseed so they can learn proper basics for shootin this fine rifle? If not...do so. Illnois has a great bunch of instructors.

I agree...just not right them not having a .22 in their environment. Kudos to you for stepping up and passing on an American heritage...shooting.

An Appleseed event is on my list. I'm going to get the books and targets for them to start with. I also need the books and targets for my own two kids, 11 and 17. All of the kids have been shooting for quite awhile. It's just time they have thier own.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sparks1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">...just not right them not having a .22 in their environment. Kudos to you for stepping up and passing on an American heritage...shooting. </div></div>
    +1

Get to an Appleseed as soon as you can. Don't wait for books or targets. Just showup.

-David
    Appleseed Instructor

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nmmi9100</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Get to an Appleseed as soon as you can. Don't wait for books or targets. Just showup.

-David
    Appleseed Instructor</div></div>

Looking for one close by and checking dates.