• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Lightweight hunting rifle, proof elevation, Christensen ridgeline, nosler mountain carbon

Will86

Private
Minuteman
Jul 4, 2018
I’m looking for a lightweight hunting rifle for hunting in Africa and elsewhere. I’m planning of 300 win mag or similar caliber. Does anyone have any experience with the proof elevation, Christensen ridgeline, pr nosler mountain carbon?

I don't think there is any way you could go wrong with the Proof Rifle.

I’ve put some rounds down a Christensen 300 win mag. It was as long as a telephone pole but light enough it wasn’t an issue. Accuracy was great at 100. Recoil wasn’t bad at all but Ear pro is a must with the brake.(I’m ear pro now for all shooting... tinnitus)
My cousin hunted with it all year and loves the rifle. He has a z5 mounted on it and it’s a nice set up.

I don’t think you can go wrong with it
As a hunting rifle.

Got to play with one of those Proof stocks last week. Much lighter than the manners McMillan carbon stocks. Besides that, origin action, TT trigger, same price as the others, easy choice.

There is a fairly big price difference between a Proof Elevation ($2700) and a Christensen Ridgeline ($1800).

To the OP, since this is for hunting, have you considered a Weatherby Mark V? Weatherby also has a model with a Proof barrel called the Carbonmark and a new model with a different carbon barrel make. 54 degree bolt throw, TriggerTech triggers, Bell and Carlson stock.

There is a fairly big price difference between a Proof Elevation ($2700) and a Christensen Ridgeline ($1800).

To the OP, since this is for hunting, have you considered a Weatherby Mark V? Weatherby also has a model with a Proof barrel called the Carbonmark and a new model with a different carbon barrel make. 54 degree bolt throw, TriggerTech triggers, Bell and Carlson stock.
I have lookEd at the carbon Mark from Weatherby, but with 300 caliber magnum it weighs around a 8 pounds which is what I was hoping to have the whole set up weigh.