• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

lightweight tent

Re: lightweight tent

Seeing you're on this side of the pond, take a look at Terra Nova. I have a Laser Competition 1. They also do a 2 (2 person). The tiny titanium skewer pegs are super light, but a pain in the arse. Get some good quality 'v' pegs and your set up for everything. They're similar in look and design to the Hilleberg, but considerably cheaper and still top quality. Light and compact too.

Me and my labrador spent 9 days in mine a couple of weeks ago. The 1 is advertised as a 1+. I wouldn't have wanted another person in it, but at a push you could do it (she's a small lab).

Don't buy direct from the company though, as you will find them at deal prices. Got mine from Field and Trek.

Cheers
Jon

my hubba hubba this weekend. been using it a couple years, from the AT to the West. i usually time myself setting up. never takes more than 10 min. inflating my thermarest is the bulk of that time. if i had any desire to camp on glaciers, i might look for something more suitable. it rains on me almost every time i go camping, for whatever reason, but it's always kept me dry (and my gear too, which stays in the vestibule). i keep the poles in the long side pocket on my eberlestock phantom, and the tent itself in a compression sack is i'm guessing 6" long by 5" dia.

tent.jpg

I have been using the MSR Hubba for several years now and really like it. It IS NOT big enough for two though.

the hubba is a 1 person tent. the hubba hubba is a 2 person tent.