• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Likelihood of killing An Hog with the Desert eagle 50AE

Johnnyboyk

Private
Minuteman
Oct 28, 2021
Netherlands
Guys.

I introducé myself Johnny from the Netherlands 21 years old
I was wondering what is the likelihood of killing An Hog at 10, feet aiming An Tiger striped Desert eagle 50AE to he's upper forehead firing An 300 Grain JHP underwood round?

Attachments

• pix543897137.jpg
    pix543897137.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 92
Reactions: 338dude
So let me see if I have this right. You are asking if a 50 ae will kill a boar with a head shot from 10 feet. The answer is yes. The question is will the hog be tethered?

Guys.

I introducé myself Johnny from the Netherlands 21 years old
I was wondering what is the likelihood of killing An Hog at 10, feet aiming An Tiger striped Desert eagle 50AE to he's upper forehead firing An 300 Grain JHP underwood round?
To answer your question no the Desert Eagle 50AE with a 300gr JHP just doesn't have enough energy to kill a hog at that kind of distance, at around 10 feet or longer distances like 20 feet your going to need something with much more horsepower. I would suggest something like the NTW 20 x 110mm for those kind of distances, really I would look at getting some 20mm 2000 grain API Rounds and trying to push them around 2800fps to have enough energy to kill a hog at 10 feet. These rifles and rounds are relatively cheap, I cant remember the prices the last time I was in Academy / Bass Pro / Cabelas but they were very reasonable prices for the rifle but the 20mm ammo was sold out at all locations. I have a couple of these rifles that I use for squirrel hunting here in Oklahoma, I know its a bit more than is needed for squirrel but every time I have used my 50BMG on squirrel it just didn't have the knock down power I was looking for and I had to track blood trails forever to find the animal. Just my $0.02 cents trying to help a new hide member I hope it helps and good hunting.

NTW 20MM.png