• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

List of Shooting Ranges over 500 yards

Sandlapper Rifle Club. Swansea, SC - 20 minutes from Columbia, SC
600 yard rifle with 10 covered concrete shooting benches with sandbags
2 pistol sections
Archery section
Very reasonable daily and yearly memberships, very underused facility
PM me with any questions

Otto Road Shooting Range
Cheyenne, WY
Distances out to 700
Members only
You can drive your targets out.

Pawnee Sportsmans Center
Briggsdale, CO
1000 yard shooting range
Open to the public

Del Norte Gun Club, New Mexico
This place has been mentioned earlier but I have been a member for 3 or 4 years now and would go nowhere else as they have most everything needed except awning and benches which is a PITA but no hig deal they do have a weather station that gives real time weather and the range sits on a Mesa at 6610 feet and windy is an understatement !

In case anyone is looking for a facility in Missouri, Rolling Hills Rifle and Pistol Club s open in Macks Creek (central Missouri).

Steel out to 1200 yards, paper hangers out to 400 and Pistol steel out to 50 yards.

Membership only facility.

Check out facebook.com/rhrpc or [email protected] for info.

Ryegate gun club, in Ryegate, MT. The range goes out to 1000yds with some permanent steel hanging currently and more in the works.

I just posted the pics of our range (see above). I failed to mention we are in Southwest Texas. We are two hours south of Midland, Texas and 30 minutes north of Sanderson, Texas. We know the frustration felt by shooters wanting to stretch out their rifles who are limited at local ranges. We built this to give shooters an opportunity to go well beyond 1,000 yards, experience the beauty of the Trans Pecos Region of Texas, offer lodging, enjoy zero cell phone service, and a place to get away. We are in the 'sticks'!

ELR Shooting Range you have a PM. Can you provide more details on arranging a visit to your range?

Are there any other mid to long distance ranges in VA other than Quantico? I'm getting ready to move to Ft. Lee and you can't shoot SBRs or suppressors on Quantico as is the same for most military installations. Not that this is a complete deterrent.

Gugubica spoke of the Rolling Hills Range. Here is a through the spotter scope picture of the target array. Fantastic place to shoot.

Rolling hills view.jpg

[MENTION=7440]Wil[/MENTION]y Coyote ELR Shooting Range is the Harkins Ranch. Their web site is: Home which has the details you seek and contact info for the good folks there.

[MENTION=45229]0311 Hesco[/MENTION] Please add the web site to the ELR Shooting Range info you have in your summary for TX. Great job on your summary (post #82 in this thread)!!

@Moderators Please use your wise powers to make this thread a "sticky". If it could start with the summary, post 82, that would be super. Thanks.

Last edited:
Rockwall Gun Club
25 miles east of downtown Dallas.
We have a state-of-the-art 500 yard rifle range with 10 lanes. Climate controlled, complete with Ipads in each lane to see your target and shot. Targets are on a computerized scroll, never have a reason to go down range.
Located on 70 acres, we also feature an 18 station clay course, 25 -100 yard ranges, a tactical shoot house, and an archery course.
Visit Rockwall Gun Club for more info

Vets Shooting Center

Bald Knob, AR
About a hour northeast of Little Rock

Steel from 300-850 yards, 75 yard pistol range, 100 yard rifle, 350 degree carbine pit, and a trap range.

Membership required

They have a pro shop on site also.

vetsshootingcenter.com

TAC-2 in Greeneville, TN (N.E. TN off I-81 exit 36). Rifle Steel from 100-600 yds with varying terrain/elevation. Multiple pistol bays, shooting houses, with pistol steel, movable obstacles, barricades, etc. A wooded rifle course in which you navigate and engage targets to 250 yds. IDPA matches every other weekend, 3-gun matches, etc.

Membership Required

Tac2

I'm a member at Strategic Edge.

I Joined soon as I heard about it.

He is limiting the place to 500 members and I just got an email last week stating he is almost at 500 members if not already now.

Another thing you need to know. Each member is only allowed to bring a guest I think it is twice. If you expect to keep coming and paying as a guest, it won't work. You'll need to sign up as a member to keep coming back. It is a members only range.

The 1,000 yard range is only setup for maybe one or two shooters (at the table). Not sure, but some might be able to shoot prone if there is nothing growing tall on the farm. You got to have a Range Officer with you to even shoot the 1,000 yard range. So far, it seems he mostly does the 1,000 yard range on Thursdays late in the afternoon. But if you want to shoot the 1,000 yard range, you have to tell them and there has to be a RO available to accompany you to the 1k range last time I checked. It is locked via an electronic gate, so you can't get in without a gate code.

He just has finally decided to allow the big guns on the range last week. There is an extra 1hr safety orientation and qualification class with whole new set of specific rules for over-bore rifles like 50 BMG, etc. This first class to allow these big guns will be this Thursday Nov 2nd 2014 at 6:30 PM according to the Email he sent me.

His facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Strategic-Edge-Inc-Gun-Range/169737329873102

The Email he sent out:

Tony has added a 500 yard rifle range between the 100 and 300 yard. :)

He's also made the decision to offer a range safety class for bigbore and overbore rifles and allow them on the range once you have completed the course.

The 500 is in the middle

ezusu6yv.jpg

aqy6uta6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Bradford Sportsmans Farm Starke, FL. Not far from the State Prison. Open to the public Wed, Sat, Sun.Two rifle ranges one is 100-300 the L/R is out to 850. You MUST qualify to shoot the 850. Call to set appointment to qualify. Contact is Rick.

The manatee range in central Florida is a great day trip if you want to get out to 1000 yards, you don't have to be a member to shoot. It's about an hour south of Lakeland. $20 per day. Open Thursday- Sunday 9:00-5:00.
You can google manatee gun range and check out the web site.

1805 Logue Rd, Myakka City, FL
(941) 322-0055

I talked to Tony at Strategic Edge yesterday and they're going to open up this summer to allow more members. They're also going to build more ranges as well. Just a heads up for you TN guys.

Last edited:
Tony sent me all this about the updates to the range..

As you know we are back open for memberships. We plan on taking 750 new General Members with the new range expansion. Sounds like a lot, but it will fill up fast. We will go ahead and take them at this time and will continue until it is filled.

The range expansion technically already started with the clearing of the woods a couple months back but the mail project will start around the second week of July and hopefully conclude around the second week of August. We will only close the range during that time during weekdays from 7 until 4:30 so our members can still shoot during the evenings and those closings will hopefully only be for a couple of weeks while they move the dirt. The rest of the time we will be building the buildings, benches and targets and the range can be open during those times.

Basically, we will have 2x the pistol bays, 3x the rifle benches, and 4x the rifle berms. We are doubling the size of the short range shooting building and adding and equal sized long range building. We will add a 40, 60, 80 & 100 meter rimfire silhouette range, another 100 berm, plus a 200, 600, 700, 800, 900, another 1000, and to top it off a 1250 yard berm.

There will be lots of new steel targets and we plan on installing a wifi camera system at 600 and 1000 so shooters can view their sighters on their phone or tablet or laptop.

We also will add a parking lot behind all the rifle stations plus we may just have a surprise or two we have not advertised.

One of my goals is to be able to have training and competitions while still be open for the members and this expansion will make that possible.

We are very excited! Nothing like it in this part of the country. We made a bunch of changes to our website so they can get info there (pricing and such) and our online payment portal for renewals just went up tonight.

Thanks for your help with this and glad to have you.

One-time payment options:
General Membership $150.00 (sales tax $13.88) total payment $163.88
Senior or Veteran $125.00 (sales tax $11.56) total payment $136.56
Long Distance Membership $75.00 (sales tax $6.94) total payment $81.94
Family Members (each) $25.00 (sales tax $2.31) total payment $27.31

Monthly payment options:
General Membership $19.99 monthly reoccurring (sales tax included)
Senior or Veteran $17.99 monthly reoccurring (sales tax included)
Long Distance Membership $9.99 monthly reoccurring (sales tax included)
Family Members (each) $3.99 monthly reoccurring (sales tax included)

For members who wish to take advantage of our new monthly billing, you must check the “reoccurring” box and agree to automatic billing, or we will not accept your payment. The By-Laws have been amended by the board of directors so please take the opportunity to download the amended version on our web site under the membership section.

Tony Shankle, CEO
Strategic Edge, Inc.
PO Box128
Chapel Hill, Tennessee 37034
615.599.9911 O
615.535.2720 F
615.948.3335 C
Strategic Edge

OP, instead of coming up with just the idea, I had a little extra time here in paradise. Hope you can use this as a start, or sticky this, or edit your first post with this list. Use it for any way you see fit. For all of you who posted, thanks! We need to go back to school for grammar! Haha, maybe we can have a Sniper's Hide grammar/etiquette training! Just kidding, if you all don't see something, missed something or I screwed something up, I'll try to do my best to check back here and fix it/add to it.

•Alabama
--Birmingham, AL
Brocks Gap Training Center 720 yards. Our 720 range goes from 50, 75, 100, 125,150,200,300,400,450,500,550,600,650,700,717 with steel at each distance.
+1 for k and m. Awesome guys, fantastic facility.

•Alaska

•Arizona
--North Phoenix, AZ
Avery Shooting Complex, 1000 yd.
--------------------------------------------
--Tucson, AZ
Tucson Rifle Club. 200-500 meters at one range and a 1000 yd. range if you are a member or if you want to shoot at one of the monthly matches you don't need to be a member just pay the fee associated with the match.
Tucson Rifle Club Index Page

--Yuma County, Arizona
(Adair County Public Range) 1000 yd.

•Arkansas

•California
--29Palms, CA.
29Palms pistol and rifle club. Target frames 50-400 yds. Steel from 200-550yds
-------------------------------------------
--Imperial, CA
Imperial Valley Rifle and Pistol Association. About 2 hrs. east of San Diego and an hour West of the AZ border (Yuma).
There are several bays ranging from 50 yd. to 300 yd. and an old military bunker with shooting berms to the south at 2-3-5-6-7-800yds. There is also a 1k yd. gong at a diagonal from the 800 yd line. Imperial Valley Rifle and Pistol Association, Inc., Imperial County, California (IVRPA)
Google Maps Link:
Wheeler Rd, Imperial, CA 92251
http://goo.gl/maps/02IjG
--North County Shootists Association, member only range. Out to 885yrds
ncsapala.com North County Shootist Association NCSA
--Los Angeles CA
Angeles Shooting Ranges. Various size steel from 100-600 yards including .50BMG-safe (marked red). Rifle, Pistol, & Shotgun Ranges Open most days of the year, busy on weekends, dead on week days. The rifle range supports paper targets to 300 yards, which you can get when you sign in.
--Palmdale, California
Desert Marksman Rifle and Pistol Club. 100-600 yards with 1000yrd comps when scheduled. Members only club but easy to join.
--Sloughhouse, CA
Sacramento Valley Shooting Center. Rifle ranges from 100 to 1000 yd., though the 1000 yd. range is not generally open to the public. Need to shoot with one of the clubs that have access, but don't have to be a member of the club. Multiple rifle, pistol, cowboy action, bench rest, trap, skeet, and sporting clay ranges.

•Colorado
--Bailey, CO
Buffalo Creek, well run with targets out to 600yds. Located east of Bailey Colorado off of hwy 285. Its located on Forest Service roads, turn off hwy 285 at Bailey Propane service (there is a bend in the road and the facility is on the east side of the road) there are signs. Elevation is around 8800ft so its a summer only facility.
--Byers, CO (just outside Denver)
Colorado Rifle Club - out to 1k yards, also has a 500 meter range with steel set up at various distances out to 500 meters.
--Byers, CO
Lead Valley Range - just 15 minutes past the turn-off for Colorado Rifle Club...they are building a 500 yard range.
-- Located halfway between Buena Vista and Salida, CO.
Chaffee County DOW Range. Free to use. Has scores of steel targets going out to 1020 yards. Steel cutouts of elk, bear, buffalo, rabbits, cats, bowling pins, crows, coyotes, and more.

•Connecticut

•Delaware
--Bridgeville, DE
Bridgeville Rifle & Pistol, 1000 yd.

•Florida
--Baker, FL
KM precision. 960 yards, movers, class act facility and great owners/instructors!
--Bradford County, FL
Bradford Sportsman's Farm. 850 yd., must qualify to shoot the 850 range
100 - 300 and 600 range no qualifying
Price is $10.00 hr., 3 hr. min.
------------------------------------------
--Manatee, FL.
Rifle and pistol range. ((yardage))

•Georgia
--Blakely, Georgia
American International Marksmanship Academy
1,000 Yards available through the Academy's gun club
INTRO ; 200 Sherman Rd, Blakely, Georgia 39823 ; (229) 724-4485
-------------------------------------------------
--Elberton, Georgia
Elbert County Gun Club
1,000 yards (available to members at an offsite location down the road a few miles); 400 Yards at the range itself.
Welcome to the Elbert County Gun and Archery Club Website ; 1239 Ruckersville Road, Elberton, Georgia 30635 ; (706) 213-0098
--Fort Gordon, GA
800-yard KD Range, Range 14
--Lexington, GA (a few miles SE of Athens)
Gun Site Hills
715 yards
GUN SITE HILLS 800 yd RIFLE RANGE
--Pearson, Ga. 850 yd.
Parkers Gun Shop. Range beside shop
No charge that I'm aware of
--River Bend, GA
River Bend, GA (600 yards)
--Swainsboro, Georgia
Cool Acres Sporting Camp
1,000 Yards
GA Shooting Ranges | Georgia Shooting Ranges ; 136 Cool Springs Rd, Swainsboro, Georgia 30401 ; (912) 313-3415
------------------------------------------------
--Taylorsville, GA
Creekside Firing Range
500+ yards

•Hawaii

•Idaho
--Blackfoot, ID
Cedar Hills Gun Club. Steel starting at 200 yd. going to 1120 yd.
-----------------------------------------------
-- Nampa, Idaho has a 600-yard KD range

•Illinois
--Barry, IL
PASA park, 600 yd.
---------------------------------------------
--Milan, IL
Milan Rifle Club. 600 yard max range, lots of events and competitions, 24/7 indoor pistol range.
--Waterman, IL
Aurora Sportsman's Club, 600 yd.

•Indiana
--Roanoke, IN
Hillside Shooting Sports. 1000 yd. rifle, two pistol bays.
--Wolcottville, IN
Young's Longshot. Just north of Fort Wayne, IN and South of Sturgis, Michigan.
Youngs Long Shot Range Contact Us

•Iowa
--Van Meter, IA out to 600yd

•Kansas
--Barnard, Ks (near Lincoln, KS)
Spearpoint Ranch
400-1400 yd. range, steel targets every 100 yds. 2, 0-500 yd. ranges. Other targets at 1760 and 1850 yd.
Welcome to Spearpoint Ranch Hunting Services Exclusive Kansas Sport Pheasant Hunting Lodge
(785)524-5330 ask for Steve. Lodging also available on site. Moving targets available.

•Kentucky
--Park City, KY
Rockcastle Shooting Center Can get out to 1100 yards easily and possibly out to about 1700 yards.
--Radcliff, KY on Fort Knox Installation
Scott Mountain Range
200 yards, 300 yards, 600 yards, 1000 yards
[email protected] Wayne McLeod (me) 502-558-1043
The hair in the pudding is that the base requires registration of firearms that are brought onto the base.
It is not difficult, but it has to be done.

•Louisiana
--Grand Cane, Louisiana
Long Range Alley Gun Club LLC
Long-Range Alley Gun Club, LLC - Home Various rifle ranges all the way out to 1000 yards. You have to qualify for 1000-yard range privileges...shooting 1-MOA at 250 yards is the criteria, I think. They don't want some yahoo missing a backstop and killing cattle on the adjacent land. I am sure there is a reason rooted in reality for this. They also have pistol bays, a tactical house, a shotgun range, and the "deck" where you shoot up old cars and stuff. There is a range shop with firearms, ammo, reloading supplies, and all sorts of other crap. You have to buy a yearly membership but it is worth it if you shoot regularly enough.

•Maine

•Maryland

•Massachusetts

•Michigan
--Cadillac, MI
MTC, Marksmanship Training Center. 1000 yd. UKD and 25 yd. pistol range. Marksmanship Training Center

•Minnesota
--Fosston, MN
Fosston Area Shooting Club.
Has a 545 yard range. Need to be a member but fees are very affordable at $50/year.
--Harris, MN
Gopher Rifle and Revolver Club
5180 450th Street, Harris, Minnesota 55032
Gopher Rifle and Revolver Club KD range out to 1000yd
--Hibbing MN
Hibbing rifle and pistol club. AR 500 gongs out to 600

•Mississippi
--Pascagoula , Mississippi
Pascagoula Shooting Club. Offers 1000 yard, 600 yard, and I think a 300 or 250 range with steel on the 600 and the 250.

•Missouri
--Houston, MO
Big Piney Sportsman's Club
Can shoot out to 800yds. Target boards at 100 yd. increments out to 800yds.
-----------------------------------------------------
--Wright City, 63390
Bench Rest Rifle Club
Wright City, Missouri (about forty minutes West/NW of Saint Louis, MO)
Bench Rest Rifle Club of St. Louis is one of the finest private shooting clubs in the United States. Facility includes: 60 Bench Rifle Range (600 yard max.), 20 Bench Multi-Purpose Range (100 yard max.), 30 Bench Rifle Range (300 yard max.), 30 Position Pistol Range (50 yard max.), Special Purpose Training Range and the Shotgun Range with 6 clay pigeon throwers.

Bench Rest Rifle Club of St. Louis
2280 Kohn Rd.
Wright City, MO 63390
Maureen Livingston- Business Manager
(636) 745-2454 (Office)
[email protected]

•Montana
--Missoula, MT
Deep Creek Range
100-600 yd ranges + 1000 yd range

•Nebraska

•Nevada
--Boulder, NV
Boulder Rifle and Pistol Club, Boulder, 1000 yd.
--West Las Vegas
Desert Sportsman Complex, 1000 yd.

•New Hampshire
•New Jersey
•New Mexico
--Albuquerque, New Mexico
Albuquerque Shooting Range State Park ( nine miles west of the city )
100,200,300,400,500,600,700,800,900,1,000 yard AR-500 targets as well as target stands.
This range is open to my club members NM MILSURPS and guest only.
--Las Cruces, NM
Butterfield Range
1000y range with target spots every 100y but with backboards at 100,200,300,600,1000
Butterfield Shooting Range
Cost: FREE/Public 1000y range has permanent bench rests and concrete block to shoot from. There is a bathroom but no pro-shop.
-----------------------------------------
--Rio Rancho, NM
Del Norte Gun Club
1000 yd. Tactical three gun (bolt precision, AR and handgun), tactical long range, rimfire silhouette, skeet/trap
Member only, but reasonable dues
-----------------------------------------
-- Raton, NM
NRA Whittington Center
1000y range with firing lines at 200,300, 500, 600, 800, 900, 1000
NRA Whittington Center - Home (800) 494-4853
Cost: Yes. Membership/Public.

•New York
•North Carolina
--Camp Butner, NC
North State Shooting Club, 1000 yd.

•North Dakota
-- NE of Dickinson ND,
No name
Can shoot rocks out too 1750 yards.
Isn't an actual range but i place i found on plots land that has many small rocks and scoria mounds to shoot at.
GPS location is: 47* 06' 18.1" 102* 34' 3.68" W from there you shoot almost straight east.

•Ohio
--Blue Rock, OH
Rayner's Range. 1000 yard max.
Rayner's Range
-----------------------------------------------
--Kimbolton, OH
Thunder Valley Precision, 2000 yd. max
Thunder Valley Precision » Specialized long range shooting facility

•Oklahoma
•Oregon
--Bend, Oregon
Central Oregon shooting sports assn. or better know as COSSA
1209 yd. steel plate is the furthest to date. This is a private members only range. cossa (phone number?)
--Boring, OR (Clackamas County)
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club.
Rifle ranges from 100 to 1,000 yards in 100 yard increments.
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club Douglas Ridge Rifle Club - High Power Rifle
--John Day, Oregon
Bear Creek Range 1000 yd. Max, graveled pistol range, stations for rifle at 100,200,300,400,500 YARDS AND METERS.
Bring your own targets and stands beyond 500 meters. There is a road beside the range to drive to the targets. It is organized for Black Powder shoots and .22.
--Klamath Falls, OR
Sportsman's Park, 100/200 yard rifle, 600 yd. rifle with gong at 718, handgun range, motocross tracks, you can even go fly remote airplanes.
--Sherwood, OR 97140
Tri County Gun Club
13050 S.W. Tonquin Road
Suite 200
Rifle Ranges: 100/200/300/600

•Pennsylvania

•Puerto Rico

•Rhode Island

•South Carolina

•South Dakota

•Tennessee
--Chapel Hill, TN
Strategic Edge Inc.
Strategic Edge 615-599-9911 ( ask for Tony) 0-1000 yards includes 2 IDPA style pistol range (1,250 yards coming soon)
about 50 miles south of Nashville,Tn.
---------------------------------------------------
--Memphis, TN
Memphis Sport Shooter's Association
Membership Required
MSSA owns a 185 acre range site at a reasonable driving from Memphis. The grounds include 185 acres of planned land which offers 15, 25, 50 and 100 yard covered pistol and rifle firing points, five skeet and trap fields, two archery ranges, a practical pistol range, 5-stand sporting clays, 2 sporting clays courses, and a 200-600 high power rifle range.
---------------------------------------------------
--Oakridge, TN
Oak Ridge Sportsman's Association, 1000 yd.

•Texas
--El Paso, TX
Fort Bliss Rod and Gun Club
1000y range
Fort Bliss MWR (915) 565-2983
Cost: Yes. Membership/Public.
----------------------------------------------
--Liberty Hill, Texas Shooting Range (name of range?) 1000, yd. steel
--New Branfuels, Texas
Dietz shooting range has 500
--Pearland, Texas
Bayou Rifle Club. 1000 yd.
--Stephenville, Texas
TAC PRO. Out to a 1000 yards
--Waco, Texas
Tiger Valley, 1000 yd. with pits
Southwest Texas We are two hours south of Midland, Texas and 30 minutes north of Sanderson, Texas.
ELR Shooting Range? Target ranges start at 370 yards stretching out to 2,701 yards. We built this to give shooters an opportunity to go well beyond 1,000 yards, experience the beauty of the Trans Pecos Region of Texas, offer lodging, enjoy zero cell phone service, and a place to get away. We are in the 'sticks'!

•Utah
--Centerville NRA highpower competition to 600 yards
--Green River, also to 600;
Price, North Springs Shooting Range (County owned). North Springs Shooting Range
Steel every 50, out to 1000 yards, covered rifle benches (heated if you pay for it). They even provide a golf cart and paint for going down-range to the targets. Paper also allowed.
Cowboy town w/ steel everywhere.
Police range (movers/turners up to 50 yards)
--Utah Rifle and Pistol Association shoot 1,000-yard competition at Wendover Air Base (just over the Nevada line).

•Vermont

•Virginia
--Quantico, VA
Quantico Shooting Club, 1000 yd.
--Wytheville, Virginia
Bang Steel Range. Seems to mostly go out to 1100 yards for matches but I think they can sometimes shoot 3000.
BangSteel Long Range Shooting School

•Virgin Islands

•Washington
--Eaton, WA
Upper Nisqually Sportsman's Club. 600 yards max range
--TriCities, WA. (aka Richland, Kennewick, and Pasco - near SE corner of the state)
TriCities Shooting Association 1000 yd. range. Details can be found at TCSA - Tri-Cities Shooting Association ((Phone Number))

•West Virginia
--Fairview, West Virginia
Harry Jones Memorial 1000 Yard Club. Up to 1000 yards (100yd increments to 700 then jumps to 1k)
Member only range. Low membership costs.
--Gerrardstown, WV (Eastern Panhandle about 20min off I-81)
Peacemaker National Training Center. 1000 yd. with electronic targets (Patriot Range), 1200 yd. unknown distance (Frontier Range), tactical (Liberty Range), shotgun (skeet, trap, 5-stand, sporting clays) (Homeplace Range), handgun (25yrds) and rifle sight-in (100-300yrds) (Independence Range)
peacemakernational.com Membership gets you access to the entire facility or you can pay a day-use fee to get on the public ranges (Independence and Homeplace).
--Glengary, WV
Peacemaker National Training Center
peacemakernational.com Public range: 100, 200, 300 yd. Members: 600yrds and 1000yrds with electronic targets. Frontier Range (limited access): 0 - 1100yrds
Also has tactical bays, pistol and shotgun ranges.

•Wisconsin

•Wyoming
--Cheyenne Rifle and Pistol Club in Wyoming has a 600-yard KD range.

You can edit Strategic Edge to 1,250 yards since he's building it out to that max for now. :) i

"We have a 100-300 yd open now. Our 1,000 yd starts construction Aug 2014, opening this fall/winter.
1,000 yd will be for members only with 7 days a week access."

Future club member here eagerly awaiting.

Keith

"We have a 100-300 yd open now. Our 1,000 yd starts construction Aug 2014, opening this fall/winter.
1,000 yd will be for members only with 7 days a week access."

Future club member here eagerly awaiting.

Keith

Not sure where you live but July 4th wknd we're doing an aeril picture shoot (50' up) of the 1,000 yd lined with steel. Would love to show you that and the range

Within 1.5hrs. Busy weekend but will try to add in another stop.

Thanks,
Keith
Understand. I'm getting out of the honey do list at home lol. I'm there every weekend except the first Saturday of each month. I'm in Zebulon teaching a CCH class, but back on Sunday. Make sure when you come up introduce yourself from here. See you soon....

South Carolina Official Training Grounds is truly remarkable. This place isnt just a big long field that you can shoot a target at 1k, it has terrain and dead space that can really test you with mother nature. Just joined, never seen anything like this place before!

T

South Carolina Official Training Grounds is truly remarkable. This place isnt just a big long field that you can shoot a target at 1k, it has terrain and dead space that can really test you with mother nature. Just joined, never seen anything like this place before!

T

That sounds cool. I have a 3 yr old cutover and trying to keep it all natural as possible. Actually where my 1,000 yd is going mirrors where I shot at at the US Army Sniper School. Kind of neat to me. Sentimental
How many lanes on the 1,000 there?

Last edited:
Understand. I'm getting out of the honey do list at home lol. I'm there every weekend except the first Saturday of each month. I'm in Zebulon teaching a CCH class, but back on Sunday. Make sure when you come up introduce yourself from here. See you soon....

What kind of schedule are you looking at for Saturday?

Thanks,
Keith

Summary of my Saturday visit- Great folks, great location, nice facility. That led to an online membership form later that evening. That in turn led to a day at the range Sunday and Monday. Good work Paul.

Keith

Delmarva Sporting Clays and Rifle Range has berms at 50, 100, 200, 300, and 500 yards. It's located in Mardela Springs, Maryland (off route 50 half way between the Bay Bridge and Ocean City). The range is open to the public and .50BMG friendly. Good people and a relaxed environment.

If you don't mind: no frills, occasional rattlers, insane heat and hiking your own lane and setting your own steel, the Mojave desert up and around Ridgecrest, CA has places where it's so flat that your slug will drop from lack of energy. Like I said 'no frills' but it's free.

Quick ? What size targets are most places using at 1,000yd. My only experience is with the Army. 20"x40" silhouette targets. I was at a friends house. They have 3'x4' ones. But she's 78 and hubby is 84. They still shoot that distance. Awesome lol.

If you don't mind: no frills, occasional rattlers, insane heat and hiking your own lane and setting your own steel, the Mojave desert up and around Ridgecrest, CA has places where it's so flat that your slug will drop from lack of energy. Like I said 'no frills' but it's free.

Can you perhaps be more specific??? Looking for some good BLM land to shoot on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm in coastal South Carolina, we have a couple 300 yard ranges within an hour drive and a 1000 yard range 3.5 hours at SC Official Training Ground, which is a private range. There is talk of a 1500 yard range and shooting complex here in Horry County, SC. Please check out the FaceBook page and like it if you don't mind, "Horry County Range Complex". I hope we can get some support and get it approved, it is proposed to be on public land and a 1500 yard range is hard to come by in this part of the country.

The manatee range in central Florida is a great day trip if you want to get out to 1000 yards, you don't have to be a member to shoot. It's about an hour south of Lakeland. $20 per day. Open Thursday- Sunday 9:00-5:00.
You can google manatee gun range and check out the web site.

1805 Logue Rd, Myakka City, FL
(941) 322-0055

I found Manatee to be a great place to shoot.

Gene (El Presidente) and Vince (Mr. VP) are great people. Mickey, RSO, is one funny guy with stories.

I find myself there at least once a year for past three years to stretch my rigs out.

Pistol is out to 25 or maybe even 50 yards.
Rifle goes to 1000 yards
100 to 565 then jumps to 1000 yards where there are 8" and 10" plates - There maybe 4 inch plates at 1000 yards but don't quote me. If there are I surely didn't hit them but banged the 8 and 10's with both my .338 LM and .308.

Changes/additions may have been made since my last visit this past January 2014.

The Mrs' and I have a trip scheduled to go back to Manatee this Oct/Nov.