• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

lithuanian 308 ammo in a DPMS lr-308b?

strider09

Private
Minuteman
Feb 9, 2009
wichita KS.
I have a dpms lr-308b and was looking at that lithuanian 308 ammo that is being sold in the battlepacks all over the net and was wondering if anyone has had any experiance with it?
My biggest concerns are that my dpms lr308b is a 308, and this ammo I believe is a 7.62x51 nato type. I know the rounds are not exactly the same and am unsure if it will be safe to use.
Has anyone ever used any of this lithuanian 308/m80 ammo in a dpms lr-308b? is it safe? does it shoot decent?
Or does anyone have any recommendations for any cheap ammo that is decent? I know I am not gonna get match grade stuff here fellas but I still would like to get something thats decent and not gonna blow up on me or eat my barrel. not a large quantity either, only around 200 rounds or so.. any sugestions?

Re: lithuanian 308 ammo in a DPMS lr-308b?

I've used the Lithuanian ammo and found it to be the highest quality of any M80 type ammo I've used. Accuracy was superior to WCC and LC M80 ammo that I've used. The brass is good quality also.

If your gun can handle other 7.62 NATO ammo than it should be able to use the Lithuanian because it is GTG.

Thanks for the input on the ammo. I`m not sure if the DPMS lr308b`s can use 7.62 nato rounds or not, This is actually the first time that I will even shoot the gun. it`s brand new...... and I`m looking for any advice.
what about the wolf, or pmc 308 stuff? has anyone used it? what I`m looking for is something decent that will not break the bank, but at the same time will not corod my barrel or blow up on me....

thank you for the input, I will probably go with the lithuanian, as it is cheap and seems to get good remarks.
but just out of curiousity, has anyone ever used any of the cheap 308 ammo such as pmc/wolf/bear? and what are your comments on them?

PO said he put 100 rounds through my AR10 of federal from Walmart and had no problems, Personally I have never shot any cheap ammo in it. I will be running some Hornady Amax 168 through it shortly. I purchased from another hide member, I am waiting for my brake and scope to get here. The AR15 is a different story however, I run primarily Tula or Wolf through it. I have fired Remington UMC and Hornady through it as well, Never experienced any type of problem

I bought some Lith ammo that was "GGG" and made when they were attempting to get their nato qualification and it shoots great!