• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Little armored one took up residence in my back yard.

'Dillers are mini-hogs. Looks like someone took a spade to your yard when one comes in. Plus they carry leprosy as previously mentioned. The worst is hitting a hole in a tractor though...will jar a filling loose and play hell on your equipment.

Skunks are the #1 carriers of rabies in our state...plus they wipe out turkey nests and cause havoc with our barn cats.

Raccoons are a menace.

And from Dec - Feb, possums are on the hit list too because they're just as bad on the chickens, turkey nests, and cats.

All of them get shot on sight.

I killed over 30 last year and probably that many already this year. Their holes will swallow a tractor tire while cutting hay or bushhogging.
20220617_220023.jpg

Under a maple tree at my grandmother's house. We trapped a bunch and shot a few. Grass is finally starting to grow back.
20230610_113853.jpg

Reactions: mtrmn
Holy shit, 120 rotty, damn.
Post a pic
Trying to find one, don't have one on my phone, tried logging into fb, it's been so long I have to prove I'm me??
I can take one tomorrow. We have a 70# one as well, tried a 3rd but she wanted to be the alpha and gave her away to save her life, she was about 85#, she had the heart, just wasn't enough ass. So far the only things I've seen escape my yard are squirrels and 1 possum, only because it knew how to play dead, Zowie was pissed!!

Reactions: oneshot86
They also eat the fire ants at My place.

They dig a v in the nest then lap up the ants as they fall in the v.

Reactions: BAMAboy18
Zowie is the alpha!
Cats are safe in the backyard, but she bites them in two if she catches them in the front yard...

Attachments

• IMG_20230912_153729288.jpg
    IMG_20230912_153729288.jpg
    353.9 KB · Views: 26
Reactions: FWoo45
Skunks actually make great pets and can be trained to use a litter box the same way a cat does. As for armadillos, fuck those things! Those things still carry the plague!

Reactions: The D
Skunks actually make great pets and can be trained to use a litter box the same way a cat does. As for armadillos, fuck those things! Those things still carry the plague!
Leprosy in armadillos, not sure about plague. Skunks are one of the most frequent carriers of rabies.

Reactions: The D
Prairie dogs carry the Black Death

Reactions: earthtrekker1775
I came home the other day and the cat was looking out the window at a baby skunk in the back yard. I went outside to see what he would do, and he hunched up and put his tail up just like a big skunk. Made me laugh. He was so small he crawled through the chain link fence. Then went and hid in one of my window wells. I have been calling him pistol pete. I haven't seen him in a little bit. i think an owl might have grabbed him the other night. I haven't seen any of his digging either.

My dog knew not to mess with skunks. He got sprayed once and grazed another time though. They would go though my garden and under the swamper, then walk up on the back porch where he slept. The time he got sprayed the swamper was running. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Mix some hydrogen peroxide with baking soda, and some dish soap for a surfactant. Mix it in a spray bottle. Spray it on, take them for a walk. Wash them off when you get home.

With apologies to softcock, used a pull pole to drag the trap with the skunk to the edge of my 3 acre yard on Sun and put it down from a distance in the trap as couldn't brook getting sprayed while trying to set it loose. Went to empty/clean the trap after 2 days of rain, trap was moved 20 yds and only thing left inside was some loose fur and a mandible, trap still closed. Remarkable.

On a positive note, after 7 days of sec camera monitoring and trap juggling, finally caught # 6 about 0500 this am. A wiley honker!

Armadillo #6.jpg