• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

LMT .308 MWS

Even with a slash xh buffer, flatwire spring and surefire socom I still had some failures and ejector swipe. Mine is an older one with the single ejector, single spring extractor though and adding a JP extractor and springs did help.

I am not sure if they changed any of the port sizes but they don't seem incredibly different. I would recommend at least picking up a current gen Bolt, I was having some issues with the gen 1 bolt years ago while suppressed. I would also experiment with other springs, not sure where i read it, but i heard flatwire springs were not the best option for the MWS. Could be totally wrong on that, I will do some research

Guys on my MWS I had Mark Chanlynn make up a 6 Creedmoor barrel for me. I used a standard gas block which Mark had to straighten the gas tube. It feeds and shoots lights out. We robbed the adapter off the 308 barrel that came with it originally since I also have a 6.5 Creedmoor barrel for it. Don’t think you are only limited to LMT offerings.

Guys on my MWS I had Mark Chanlynn make up a 6 Creedmoor barrel for me. I used a standard gas block which Mark had to straighten the gas tube. It feeds and shoots lights out. We robbed the adapter off the 308 barrel that came with it originally since I also have a 6.5 Creedmoor barrel for it. Don’t think you are only limited to LMT offerings.

Good to know.

What is an optimal length for a 6.5 Creedmoor for distances over 600 yards?

Personally I like longer barrels, it gives me a little more fps with out pushing the pressure. In 6.5 to only go out to 600 yards pretty much any length will work. My 6.5 is 20” but my 6mm is 26”. With 108BT I can push 3100fps with no pressure signs. Plus it shoots nice little groups.

Good luck with your barrel choice.

Hey, guys...dumb question.

Is the only thing you have to do to use 6.5 creedmoor in your LMT MWS is buy the barrel? Or do you have to get a different BCG?

All you need is the barrel. I shoot 308 and 6.5 with the same bcg. Some guys like to keep a bolt with the barrel.

Couple more questions:

What would be the downside of a 27" barrel?

And....I can see the "bolt with the barrel" idea, but would you really need a whole other BCG?

Last edited:
Couple more questions:

And....I can see the "bolt with the barrel" idea, but would you really need a whole other BCG?

Other than being unwieldy as hell? :) Not sure I have seen a 27" on an AR....

I think if you wanted to do it, the bolt would be sufficient.

Reactions: Centuriator
Couple more questions:

I think bolt is key-I just happen to have 3 uppers and 3 BCGs. If I ever switch barrels I'd likely get a new bolt and keep carrier in upper.

I can’t speak specifically for an LMT but my buddy has a 18” AR10 we’ve taken out to 650 no problems with hornady 123gr

Reactions: TACC
I switched from the gen 1 single ejector to gen II dual ejector bolt and it made a big difference in what brass looked like from my 16"CL.

I still need to pick up my mars-h lower and form 1 it. I'm torn between cutting my 16" CL (which was dimpled by Marvin) to 13.5 and maybe buying a 16"as or just buying a 13.5 ss.

What kind of velocity are folks getting from the 13.5? Playing with ballistics it looks like with 150yd zero and a 175smk/178amax going 2350-2375 it would line up almost perfectly with the cmr762 in my mk6(using yards instead of meters.)

Eta: I have a 24" 6.5 barrel for mine. I didn't necessarily want 24 but it was available. It's obnoxiously long with a can. If it didn't shoot so well I probably would have cut it to 20.

Have not chrono'd mine but i have seen 2400 in the 13.5 posted a few places

I just picked up a burnt bronze MWS in 308 and mounted a ZCO 4-20 on it. Looks great. I think this optic is a really good fit for this platform. I have a DMR stock and a 20" 6.5 creed barrel on the way. Hopefully I can make it to the range this weekend. Will post a range report.

Looking forward to hearing how she does with that 20" 6.5 Creedmoor barrel! Please post up pics of your best groups. I put a Geissele trigger group, SSA-E, in mine.

Interested in new info regarding the 308/6.5 barrel, uppers

Just purchased the Texas Predator edition in 6.5 CM. Going to be mounting a Minox ZP5 on it next week and will update you guys when I finally get it out on the range.

I also want to get a 16" .308 barrel for it and their torque wrench and was hoping they would be part of the Labor Day sale....alas, only 5.56 barrels.

LGS had this tucked away in a corner, said they've had it for over a year and offered me a great deal on it, I had an extra scope laying around which made the deal even easier to do. Very impressed with it so far, ready to go shoot it.

lmt.jpg

It’s coming together. Still waiting on my 6.5CM barrel and DMR stock.

Upgrades:
Geissele SD-E
Tubb flatwire spring
Raptor ambi charging handle
KAC mags

Attachments

• 9A7C3027-E5FA-4B31-9EBE-3B48528450F8.jpeg
    9A7C3027-E5FA-4B31-9EBE-3B48528450F8.jpeg
    379.8 KB · Views: 304
I did a forum search and cant seem to find an answer to this:

Does anyone know the measurement from the center line of the bore to the top of the flat top receiver? For the .308 barrel if it matters. I'm trying to figure out what my scope height is for a ballistic calculator.

I did a forum search and cant seem to find an answer to this:

Does anyone know the measurement from the center line of the bore to the top of the flat top receiver? For the .308 barrel if it matters. I'm trying to figure out what my scope height is for a ballistic calculator.

Open the ejection port cover use the gas holes on the bolt carrier as measurement reference point for the center of the carrier. Then measure to middle of scope. The bolt travels in the carrier along with firing pin which effectively is the center of the barrel. This will get you to within 1/16 of inch. This should allow your app to be close enough for good solid data to start with before getting corrected dope on the range.

I have an older LMT MWS that throws the brass directly into the far rear corner of the ejection port and base of the deflector upon ejection.
This has worn the finish off in those areas and created somewhat of an eyesore.

Maybe most would not mind it but I haven't seen any other LMT that does this.
Is there anything I can do to get the ejector to throw the cases out before they strike the far rearward portion of the ejection port ?
Do I need a heavier buffer spring or what ?
I would put some touch-up Aluminum Black on the area but need to try to get it stopped first.

I have an older LMT MWS that throws the brass directly into the far rear corner of the ejection port and base of the deflector upon ejection.

Is there anything I can do to get the ejector to throw the cases out before they strike the far rearward portion of the ejection port ?
I would put some touch-up Aluminum Black on the area but need to try to get it stopped first.

Have any pics of the area?

What size/weight buffer are you using now?

Gents, finally going to take the leap to 6.5 CM. I swapped out my factory H3 buffer for one of Clint's Extra Heavy (XH) buffer. I'm assuming I can keep the XH buffer in the the tube while running the 20" 6.5 CM barrel (suppressed) with no issues. Wanted to see if anyone else is running this setup and what are your results? Thanks.

Last edited:
How are you guys running these suppressed?
Gents, finally going to take the leap to 6.5 CM. I swapped out my factory H3 buffer for one of Clint's Extra Heavy (XH) buffer. I'm assuming I can keep the XH buffer in the the tube while running the 20" 6.5 CM barrel (suppressed) with no issues. Wanted to see if anyone else is running this setup and what are your results? Thanks.

I am running Clints buffer/spring Combo in both my 13.5 308 and 20 inch 6.5CM. Works great, both suppressed and unsurpressed

Reactions: Blackfoot 7

I'd send it back or give them a call. Mine, regardless of what ammo I use and I've used wolf in the cl barrel, throws them clear across past the guy next me at 3ish o'clock. I mean it's AK like:)

Reactions: Sagittarius
As much as I hate FaceBook as a company, there are 2 LMT groups on the site. LMT Fanatics and LMT Owners Group. When items do go on sale, you'll see postings in those groups.

That said, you can contact John at V1 Tactical ([email protected]). He is a LMT dealer and offers competitive pricing. I got a good deal on a LMT 20″ Stainless Steel 1:11.25″ RH 5R Cut 7.62×51 Barrel for MWS and LMT Semi-Auto .308 BCG during the Labor Day sale.
how good a deal? what's he charge for uppers as I've barrel I want to mount and not swap?

20" SS 6.5CM barrel arrived and installed over the weekend. Expended five rounds to sight in before moving on to shoot two separate groups to assess accuracy. Just grabbed whatever COTS ammo was behind the counter at Walmart and headed out, but it seems to like both. First group was Federal 140gr SP. Second group was Federal 130gr Berger OTM. All suppressed. Shooting position was seated shooting off the bipod with rear bean bag support. Roughly an MOA shift between the two. Looking forward to exploring other loads. I'm still running the stock trigger, just polished a bit to eliminate the grittiness. Will be installing a DMR trigger when I get around to it. I can't say I'm disappointed with the results. Charlie Mike

3QnN3S.jpg
2gKldV.jpg