• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

LMT .308 MWS

and the barrel. do I need to continue?

1575051282299.png

both semi and full auto BCGs are out of stock but came back $299. Unless you doubt me......

think I settled this case and that is not Black Friday pricing.

carry on gents and God Bless

both semi and full auto BCGs are out of stock but came back $299. Unless you doubt me......

think I settled this case and that is not Black Friday pricing.

carry on gents and God Bless

308 bcg shows $420 for me, while logged in.

The only thing you've settled is you apparently get special pricing from LMT or you have a bone to pick with V1.

308 bcg shows $420 for me, while logged in.

The only thing you've settled is you apparently get special pricing from LMT or you have a bone to pick with V1.
not at all, I merely replied and then was engaged. If you think that is a bone to pick based on my responding then I'd suggest you find a safe space. lol

I get no special pricing from LMT but have ordered from them in the past

sounds good, I'll post the email correspondence with pricing from August but doubt v1 would want that as it's worse

That's interesting. I don't get that kind of pricing on those items either. Whatever works for you works for you. Apparently not the same for us. I'm good with it.
(For instance, I show $599 for that same 7.62 barrel.)

not at all, I merely replied and then was engaged. If you think that is a bone to pick based on my responding then I'd suggest you find a safe space. lol

I get no special pricing from LMT but have ordered from them in the past

sounds good, I'll post the email correspondence with pricing from August but doubt v1 would want that as it's worse

It appears you actually do get special pricing. Interesting.

BTW V1 tactical is an authorized LMT dealer-it means they're on the same team. You seem to be under the impression that they're competitors or something else unsavory. Kind of strange.

I had most everything filled out at checkout, but got sidetracked. Went back 30 minutes later and poof, gone.
Oh, well, hopefully at SHOT LMT will produce a 6.5 Creed barrel 16” long...

I had most everything filled out at checkout, but got sidetracked. Went back 30 minutes later and poof, gone.
Oh, well, hopefully at SHOT LMT will produce a 6.5 Creed barrel 16” long...

LMT usually has a Christmas sale where they have something priced really low for 1 day, the next day the next item. The best items are closer to the 25th and they usually start out with MBUIS or the cheap LMT range bag and end it with barrels and uppers.

Every time I log into LMT I see $749 for that upper. I get one of you is or are affiliated with them given how many times you pump them but the reality is what it is which is V1 is not cheaper.

View attachment 7192445

I can pull the emails as well cause like I said, I did email for pricing.

like I said, once you log on the pricing changes

Sir, that is a Dealer price you are displaying. NOT a customer price. If you are a customer, your account setting on the LMT side is incorrect. If you are a dealer, I don't think posting Dealer pricing is the best thing to do.

Not dealer pricing. Hey just trying to help. Carry on, im more discerning;)

Yes, that's the same price (same entire screen) shown in the dealer portal I have access to. So if not "dealer" pricing, then LMT is giving you the equivalent for another reason (LEO, Mil, etc.).

ETA: I looked back at the all of the screenshots you posted. They are all dealer cost. So yeah, probably special pricing for some reason.

Last edited:
Has anybody seen the Iowa roll mark yet? Just curious-I have not but then again I don't see too many LMTs that aren't mine.
I have 2 mars-l lowers with the ia mark that I bought in the past 2-3 months. Also a complete Mars mlr rifle and another Mars h lower but those were IL.

Reactions: The DFC
I'm thinking like @RyanScott does anyone have any experience with a 16" 6.5 creed on the mws? Would it work to chop one of the factory 20" barrels? What would be the ideal gas length if going the custom route?

Last edited:
Yes, that's the same price (same entire screen) shown in the dealer portal I have access to. So if not "dealer" pricing, then LMT is giving you the equivalent for another reason (LEO, Mil, etc.).

ETA: I looked back at the all of the screenshots you posted. They are all dealer cost. So yeah, probably special pricing for some reason.

My guess is he has no idea he's getting dealer pricing.

Nice group. Are you thinking about putting a 20MOA mount on the rifle? You might be able to find one that you like that is on sale...
That, and I think I will send the optic back to leupold to have the turret swapped.

Took mine out today and zeroed the mk6. I ran almost out of elevation adjustment, only have 5 mils left. Interesting. Can’t get the zero stop set, either. It’ll have to do until after deer season. Group was shot in 30mph gusting winds, and rather hurried due to incoming inclement weather. 168gr magtech ammo.

View attachment 7193915
View attachment 7193919

Really nice shooting.

Decided to use the LMT for last week of deer season here b/c it’s more fun to hunt with from a stand or walking. Keeping my bolt guns reserved for elk.

Checked zero at 100 yards with FGMM 168 and 10 power scope. Have a NF 2.5-10x24 on it.

4 shots from my 16 inch CL barrel. These bastards shoot more than good. Not too bad considering it’s only a 10 power scope.
67B335DC-2E84-467D-BAEB-373FEF2EE8BB.jpeg

I’m not even going to bother getting a stainless 308 barrel for it. There’s no need. When I grab a 6.5 barrel I’ll probably get it in stainless.

Reactions: Tono
Primary Arms has a 12% off sale today-and they have an L129a1 Sharpshooter already priced at $2899 which is super low and the 12% off coupon works it down to $2550 which is an amazing price. I have one and love it-heavy pig no doubt but a more indestructible moa shooting battle proven rifle you will not find.

They also have a couple of MARS-L lowers for $699 +12% off. Really good deals on LMT stuff.

Reactions: Jsp556
anybody swap out stocks and go to the Magpul PRS? If so any pics and what parts did you swap to for the buffer assembly?

Thank you!

anybody swap out stocks and go to the Magpul PRS? If so any pics and what parts did you swap to for the buffer assembly?

Thank you!
I did. I think I ordered a heavy buffer from Slash’s heavy buffers. Can’t remember the spring I went with.
F7321685-1C2D-427D-9417-A1917F776118.jpeg

edit: I found the email from the guy at heavy buffers. He recommended:

“AR10R-XH buffer (10 oz) and a .308 rifle buffer spring (#EA1095).
More info here:”
www.heavybuffers.com/ar10rxh

That was what I got and it all works perfectly now.

Last edited:
I guess that everyone can have different experiences... on the few parts that I've compared, V1 Tactical has had the better price.

Here's a example... as of 11:47 PM CST 11/28/2019.

V1 Tactical Shopping Cart - LMT MLKMWS Upper Receiver: $805.00

View attachment 7192276

LMT Shopping Cart, Logged In with Account: MLKMWS Upper Receiver: $1,049.00
View attachment 7192277

Looks like I could have saved over $200.00 with V1 Tactical’s Annual Mega Sale. I purchased a MLKMWS upper, 20” 6.5 Creedmoor SS barrel and a SA 308 BCG from other LMT dealers. I was able to get 10% off via military discounts or sale pricing, which is comparable to V1 Tactical’s regular prices.

Thanks for the tip. I will purchase from V1 Tactical in the future.

Reactions: Tono

Thank you!

I thought the Magpul PRS GEN3 Precision-Adjustable Stock would mount to any mil-spec carbine receiver extension tube without changing the buffer and spring.

Reactions: RS14
I bought one of the 22” 6.5 creed barrels on the Black Friday deal from LMT. $455 and free shipping? Couldn’t say no.

I would be interested to hear how it shoots. I wonder why LMT does not offer this length as a regular stocked item. I see they discontinued the 24" length.

Last edited:
Recent range trip with now discontinued 24" 6.5cm barrel-

This is about as good as I can shoot-a better trigger puller would likely be able to get more out of this rig

View attachment 7211325
The best group I’ve gotten so far from my 22 inch 6.5 CM barrel (from Black Friday) was 0.74 MOA. Significantly better than my chrome lined .308 barrel!

The best group I’ve gotten so far from my 22 inch 6.5 CM barrel (from Black Friday) was 0.74 MOA. Significantly better than my chrome lined .308 barrel!

I picked up one of those also. I too have not gotten anything to brag about with my 308 cl barrel. Not much time on it and I only have a 5x prism optic on it etc.

I thought about picking up one of the 22" barrels, but I had just bought a 20" barrel.

I picked up some ASC mags. Took one of the 20 rounders out of the package. Won't lock in, drags in the magwell. When I can get it locked in, it drags on the bolt carrier.

A ten round version does it too, just a bit less.

So I guess we'll see how they handle this on a CS level. Sent them an e-mail for starters.

I picked up some ASC mags. Took one of the 20 rounders out of the package. Won't lock in, drags in the magwell. When I can get it locked in, it drags on the bolt carrier.

So I guess we'll see how they handle this on a CS level. Sent them an e-mail for starters.
That reminds me, I bought five magazines during the Black Friday sale and they don't work at all. Double feeding, won't drop free. Haven't emailed yet but I should.

edit: these were "D&H TACTICAL 20RD .308"

That reminds me, I bought five magazines during the Black Friday sale and they don't work at all. Double feeding, won't drop free. Haven't emailed yet but I should.

edit: these were "D&H TACTICAL 20RD .308"

Crap, I just ordered those yesterday. I thought if I got them direct from LMT, surely they would work.

Good to know. So far I've successfully used Magpul 10s, 20s and 25s, Lancer 10s and 20s, Larue, Hexmag 20s, and Brownells brand.

I’ve been following this thread and ordering parts slowly. My MWS is getting closer to completion.

MWS Mlok Upper
Magpus Offset Sights
16” SS LW 308
Area 419 Muzzle Adapter ( 2P Hellfire not shown)
SAS Arbitier (A419 mount)

677654D9-10FC-4EAE-9B74-E3C8667E8AFA.jpeg

I’ll be adding A Geissele HiSpeed NM Trigger, charging handle and optics next. Should be all set by the end of the week.

Reactions: Jsp556
My 16” SS MWS .308 that I picked up off another Hide member. It loves 168 FGMM. It is pretty easy to get sub MOA 5-shot groups out of it. Here are three consecutive 5-shot groups at 100 yards, the smallest measuring .562”, largest around .75” I just had another group this weekend after I was done doing some barricade training that measured .326” for 5 shots. Love this rifle!

136171E0-7785-4541-BBD6-12C3C99FC087.jpeg
49DC7F34-EC76-42B8-8EF0-CA853D91CB8D.jpeg

Same experience here several months back. Sent them back and got a refund in a couple of weeks.

I’ve been following this thread and ordering parts slowly. My MWS is getting closer to completion.

MWS Mlok Upper
Magpus Offset Sights
16” SS LW 308
Area 419 Muzzle Adapter ( 2P Hellfire not shown)
SAS Arbitier (A419 mount)

View attachment 7213352

I’ll be adding A Geissele HiSpeed NM Trigger, charging handle and optics next. Should be all set by the end of the week.

I finally got this to the range and zeroed with some Federal GMM 175. This barrel looks like it’s going to be a good one! This is rounds 5-10 down the pipe.

36365CE0-CA6E-4441-A417-BF20681E0C7D.jpeg

Reactions: Jsp556 and The DFC

Thank you!

Just pulled the carbine stock off and slid the PRS on. Nothing else was needed.

Attachments

• 15ABDAFE-CD2D-4B3E-825C-9DCDBB072F83.jpeg
    15ABDAFE-CD2D-4B3E-825C-9DCDBB072F83.jpeg
    573.3 KB · Views: 269
  • 64CCB847-C062-4A69-A8FF-45B36DBCCD96.jpeg
    64CCB847-C062-4A69-A8FF-45B36DBCCD96.jpeg
    742.5 KB · Views: 263
  • B8447A53-42B3-42AD-A96C-7672C01E4816.jpeg
    B8447A53-42B3-42AD-A96C-7672C01E4816.jpeg
    356.1 KB · Views: 246