• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

LMT .308 MWS

I'll take that lunchbox receiver set off your hands!!! :)

4c330e6dcefd18ab1c95f254deacf002.jpg

Hey all, new to SH, I really like my MWS, but have any of you noticed exceptionally dimmished results from their chromed bore barrels vs the SS?

Hey all, new to SH, I really like my MWS, but have any of you noticed exceptionally dimmished results from their chromed bore barrels vs the SS?
not at all in fact, the chromed are ridiculously accurate for not being match barrels.

Or, perhaps, if your shooting skills with a large frame AR are such you notice any genuinely *significant* difference between the chrome lines and SS lined barrel, then .... kudos!

I installed a 20" SS in my MWS that came with a 16" chrome and I do notice a bit of a difference, but nothing to write home about.

:)

Reactions: RUTGERS95
Or, perhaps, if your shooting skills with a large frame AR are such you notice any genuinely *significant* difference between the chrome lines and SS lined barrel, then .... kudos!

I installed a 20" SS in my MWS that came with a 16" chrome and I do notice a bit of a difference, but nothing to write home about.

:)
I'm the same but the ss is not really broken in yet. right now it's about .25 but I hope to get that to .5 soon. I just need to get out and shoot it some more but time is escaping me with kids fall ball and football

I decided to piece one of these together and the only real question left is the barrel. My first thought was the 18" .308 barrel. I always thought it seemed a good compromise in length. After reading through this entire thread, I started to consider the 16" chrome lined. So many good reports on it, the 18" may not be worth the extra cash. It will be just a general range rifle, fired from the prone position mostly.

Anyone have any feedback on the 18 inch barrel?

BTW, so far I have the lower, the LPK, SSA-E trigger, UBR stock. BCG is enroute. I'm getting there.

In my opinion, you won't notice much difference at all between 16" chrome lined and 18" chrome lined. My MWS came with the 16" chrome lined .308 and I decided to purchase a 20" SS 308 barrel and I do notice some difference, particular at longer distances. In my opinin, keep the 16" chrome and go with their 20" SS.

Thanks for your input. The 18" is a SS 11.25 twist vs the 16" 1-10 chrome lined. But it's an almost $100 difference in price., the 20" SS is the same price.

So you would take the 20" SS over either of the other two if I understand correctly?

Thanks for your input. The 18" is a SS 11.25 twist vs the 16" 1-10 chrome lined. But it's an almost $100 difference in price., the 20" SS is the same price.

So you would take the 20" SS over either of the other two if I understand correctly?

Yes, I would. Again, I wanted to get the longest barrel LMT makes to give myself the most options with terminal ballistic performance, etc. I do know there are custom barrel makers out there who can make custom barrels for the LMT MWS system. So, if you are looking for even more options....

Great, thanks again. Well, I am local to Rivers Bend who others have used. He just did some work for me earlier this year. So that's available.

the 20" is a ss 5r barrel with 1:11.25 twist. I'm getting .75 with fgmm 168gr out of a new barrel that's not broken in yet. No doubt that will come down to half moa with right load, break in, and user efficiency.

no brainer

no brainer?...I've never even bought any FGMM. I reload all the time. I get everything you're saying, and will take it into consideration.

For those of you who have purchased additional barrels, specifically 6.5cm, where do you buy from? Sounds like LMT during sales and custom shops? Thanks in advance.

For those of you who have purchased additional barrels, specifically 6.5cm, where do you buy from? Sounds like LMT during sales and custom shops? Thanks in advance.

Got my 24" at Brownells. I've bought a couple of .308s from LMT during Black Friday deals which is coming up. LMT has really good Black Friday and Christmas deals.

Those with a MWS 20″ stainless steel 1:11.25″ RH 5R cut 7.62×51 barrel, what is your preferred "factory" ammo?

What kind of groups are you getting?
[/QUOTE]
fgmm 168 and 175gr seem to really do well with the 175 being the best

I have an 18” ss barrel. Both FGMM and Magtec 168 gr average about .75 moa. Unfortunately neither this barrel or the 16” cl barrel I have shoots the 175 gr FGMM better than about 1.25 moa.

looks good, I put a diamondback and a gg&g on mine. did we ever find out which SA contract these were from?

Those with a MWS 20″ stainless steel 1:11.25″ RH 5R cut 7.62×51 barrel, what is your preferred "factory" ammo?

What kind of groups are you getting?

not exactly what you asked but from the mws 20” chrome 7.62 it’s lights out with PRIME 175 gr .308. I was impressed!

shot only suppressed not one issue but damn smooth and precise. (5 shot group at 100yd)

Attachments

• 171D8842-9240-46B6-B15F-5312700E5C66.jpeg
    171D8842-9240-46B6-B15F-5312700E5C66.jpeg
    607.9 KB · Views: 156
Reactions: Tono and RUTGERS95
great shooting

here are my girls

Attachments

• 20191119_144011.jpg
    20191119_144011.jpg
    414.4 KB · Views: 230
Hoping someone here can help me out. I’m looking for a dimension for the usable length on the underside of an lmt mws mlok forend/handguard. I have one waiting for me at an ffl but won’t be around to actually pick it up for some time so am trying to get everything I want/need for it now, and I would like to buy an arca rail for the forend. Thanks

On my LMT 6.5 Long Range, the underside of the MLOK measures 7.5 inches from the leading edge of the 1st MLOK opening to the trailing edge of the last MLOK opening.

Since there is a QD attachment point on the underside of the MWS handguard close to the gas block, there is only about 7.75 inches of usable space.

Thank you for the info, that’s very helpful and just what I needed.

Anyone seen any Black Friday or Cyber Monday deals on any MWS gear? I am looking for a 20" 6.5 creed barrel.

V1 tactical is the a new LMT dealer-dude has great pricing on everything. He doesn't have a lot of stock but can order directly from LMT.

Also LMT always has great Black Friday sales-I've seen nothing yet but they're more of a traditional on Friday they'll have the sale kind of company.

LMT has had Christmas sales in the past there they will have something on sale everyday for really good pricing. Last year I got a 20" 7.62 SS barrel for $399, 16" Chrome lined for $299.

Reactions: Tono and jda2631
I know the v1tactical has been mentioned here a few times but I'll be honest, not cheaper. I had emailed them for some a few items and compared to LMT (you create and account to see better pricing) and LMT was better.

I know the v1tactical has been mentioned here a few times but I'll be honest, not cheaper. I had emailed them for some a few items and compared to LMT (you create and account to see better pricing) and LMT was better.

Not sure exactly what you mean-I haven't browsed everything but what I have I've seen it for less $$$ on V1 vs. LMT. I have an account on both and have bought from both.

Reactions: Tono
Not sure exactly what you mean-I haven't browsed everything but what I have I've seen it for less $$$ on V1 vs. LMT. I have an account on both and have bought from both.
just what I wrote, I emailed them on a few different things and LMT was cheaper so not a believer in their pricing. Nothing more nothing less. For instance, the upper was cheaper by $50 at lmt than v1. Now I don't know about smaller ticket items as I looked at barrels, uppers and complete rifles. None were cheaper than LMT website and I emailed for pricing.

no harm no foul

just what I wrote, I emailed them on a few different things and LMT was cheaper so not a believer in their pricing. Nothing more nothing less. For instance, the upper was cheaper by $50 at lmt than v1. Now I don't know about smaller ticket items as I looked at barrels, uppers and complete rifles. None were cheaper than LMT website and I emailed for pricing.

no harm no foul

Umm OK.

I guess that everyone can have different experiences... on the few parts that I've compared, V1 Tactical has had the better price.

Here's a example... as of 11:47 PM CST 11/28/2019.

V1 Tactical Shopping Cart - LMT MLKMWS Upper Receiver: $805.00

View attachment 7192276

LMT Shopping Cart, Logged In with Account: MLKMWS Upper Receiver: $1,049.00
View attachment 7192277
That’s because he just enacted his Black Friday sale. I agree, his prices are usually the same as LMT

LMT has 22 inch stainless 6.5 Creedmoor barrels for $450 today. Couldn’t resist. Some other nice deals too.

That’s because he just enacted his Black Friday sale. I agree, his prices are usually the same as LMT

LMT requires MAP pricing-but dealers have ways of selling for whatever they want with LMT's blessing. Brownells sells for above that-because they are huge and having a $2k rifle on the shelf is pennies. Smaller dealers want to move stuff to keep cash flowing.

That is too good of a deal to pass up. I wasn't planning on a barrel purchase today dammit.
I notice they don't show the 7-08 barrel on the website anymore. Slow mover maybe?

Every time I log into LMT I see $749 for that upper. I get one of you is or are affiliated with them given how many times you pump them but the reality is what it is which is V1 is not cheaper.

1575051130301.png

I can pull the emails as well cause like I said, I did email for pricing.

like I said, once you log on the pricing changes