• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

LMT .308 MWS

Just a quick comment on the 13.5" barrels. It is possible to pin and weld a few muzzle devices to these to get them to 16". Both the Sons of Liberty Gun Works NOX and the Surefire Warcomp (using the included spacer) will both get to 16" as measured from the bolt face.

View attachment 7463906
Nice. I was aware the NOX and LMT would get you there but want something that worked with a silencer. I was told the Warcomp was too short, but the shims are a good point. From what I recall it was close.

Is that verified over 16" with 13.5", shims, and a Warcomp before I drop cash on a barrel?

Nice. I was aware the NOX and LMT would get you there but want something that worked with a silencer. I was told the Warcomp was too short, but the shims are a good point. From what I recall it was close.

Is that verified over 16" with 13.5", shims, and a Warcomp before I drop cash on a barrel?

Warcomp requires the use of the included black shin from Surefire.

Reactions: Bazooka
Start searching for a Gemtech suppressed BC and don’t fool around with tuning.
I bought a Gemtech adjustable carrier, JP High pressure bolt+small firing pin to put together an alternate bolt group, but have never been able to get it to function reliably. I got constant double feed, failure to eject, failure to strip rounds. Haven't used it in 4 years, but last weekend I decided to try it again before selling it, and it ran better with a BRT gas tube. I think it may have been so overgassed, and undersprung, that it was probably accelerating the bolt and outrunning the mag spring.

I run the JP SCS with 3 tungstens and not sure which spring, probably too weak as I've been feeling the bolt carrier hitting the back of the tube. I bought a spring kit and put the heaviest JP spring in and will try again next week. If my issue is with the SCS, I have a standard spring and T3 buffer to try out. Not gonna shell out another 140 bucks for yet another buffer system.

I did notice, however, that the JP HP bolt was really scraping my cases in the head stamp area and distorting the rim (indicative of excessive pressure) but nothing with the LMT carrier and bolt. (these loads are not over pressure at all)

In the suppressed setting, the Gemtech carrier with the BRT gas tube would not cycle with a suppressor reliably, and would not cycle without a suppressor at all.

That was an expensive experiment for it to not work right. Hopefully next weekend I can get the Gemtech BCG to actually work right.

I have an RC 1 that has been 100% with m118lr and m80 ball out of my 16” 7.62. Back pressure isn’t bad at all.
I would imagine the RC 2 is very similar.
Strange, my RC 1 has so much backpressure, that it destroys all the brass I put through the gun. And the face-gas is terrible. Saving my pennies for an OSS.

Finally got my second MWS finished up.
8EBA711C-ADD5-46D3-9F8D-8B92B2989162.jpeg

Strange, my RC 1 has so much backpressure, that it destroys all the brass I put through the gun. And the face-gas is terrible. Saving my pennies for an OSS.

I wouldn’t say my brass is destroyed, but there are two small scratches from the barrel extension (I assume) like another person mentioned before in this thread, and a small dent from the brass deflector.
Unsuppressed brass looks perfect.
57376CFE-668D-48D4-B934-F096AD434912.jpeg

That’s really odd. I’m running a RC 1 on mine and my experience is pretty much the opposite of yours.

Other than being dirtier, my brass doesn’t look any different than when I shoot unsuppressed.

I’m left-handed, so my face is right behind the ejection port. The amount of gas from the ejection port is negligible.

The rifle runs very smoothly.

I can’t imagine what would cause such radically different results in your gun.

My MWS has the 16” SS barrel.

I wouldn’t say my brass is destroyed, but there are two small scratches from the barrel extension (I assume) like another person mentioned before in this thread, and a small dent from the brass deflector.
Unsuppressed brass looks perfect.
View attachment 7469896
Yeah that is caused by the back of the locking lugs as the case is extracted, since the ejectors are pushing the case against that side of the chamber during extraction. You could take a needle file and carefully break the edges of the lugs at that location. Just a tiny bit, don't over do it.

That’s really odd. I’m running a RC 1 on mine and my experience is pretty much the opposite of yours.

Other than being dirtier, my brass doesn’t look any different than when I shoot unsuppressed.

I’m left-handed, so my face is right behind the ejection port. The amount of gas from the ejection port is negligible.

The rifle runs very smoothly.

I can’t imagine what would cause such radically different results in your gun.

My MWS has the 16” SS barrel.
I'm running the 18" SS, but had the same experience with the 16" CL. I run loads that are borderline max, and are fine unsuppressed, with no pressure signs whatsoever. Once I put the can on, however, all that gas coming back is blowing out my primer pockets, beating up my brass, giving me ejector imprints, etc. I know I'm not running the correct springs and buffer. I have a Gen I UBR, with JP SCS in its heaviest config (3 tungsten weights) and now a heavier recoil spring (which I haven't tried yet) Also have .091 gas tube from BRT which is smaller in size but still overgassed.

It's gotten to the point where I hardly shoot it suppressed, even though it's more accurate in my case. It's quite violent. Gemtech suppressed carrier and JP HP bolt just doesn't function reliably. The best it has run was last weekend, running the smaller gas port. This weekend will be tested using a heavier buffer spring. (Gemtech carrier doesn't cycle at all with the smaller gas tube, in suppressed setting, with or without can)

Still love the rifle though.

Besides the spring/buffer remedies, call Black River Tactical and talk to Clint and explain what symptoms the rifle is showing. It’s not the perfect solution, but a properly sized gas tube for your shooting preference is pretty close...

Reactions: Leftie
Thanks for dwilson.

I reached out to Marvin, but am waiting to hear back from him.

I would hit him up a few times and be prepared to wait. He does great work. I sent my SR25 to him to be dimpled...in August. Be anxious to get it back.

Found this today if anyone is still looking for an MWS:

611651ED-89D4-4325-BED1-AEDDFEC32360.png

thank you. Between that weight reduction and chopping the barrel it will be somewhere between 1/2 and 3/4 a pound off the front of the gun. That’s not too bad.

it does look cool.

So....being probably my favorite gas rifle now that I relieved JR of his so he could get his SR groove on (and if I can have my way I’ll end up with a couple of these is stash)... thinking down the road for spare barrels, anyone know if the MARS barrels are the same interchangeable configuration? Thinking ahead and know where another 16 is, I have the 20 but the 16 is just so nice.

and yes the dimples are really pretty cool

Reactions: JRaven
So....being probably my favorite gas rifle now that I relieved JR of his so he could get his SR groove on (and if I can have my way I’ll end up with a couple of these is stash)... thinking down the road for spare barrels, anyone know if the MARS barrels are the same interchangeable configuration? Thinking ahead and know where another 16 is, I have the 20 but the 16 is just so nice.

and yes the dimples are really pretty cool
Barrels are the same for both MWS MARS and standard LM308

Reactions: WDN-K-9
Looking at possibly picking up an MWS. This is probably answered somewhere in these 70+ pgs, but are MWS uppers serial numbered and if so matched to lower #s? I've just noticed what look like SNs on some MWS uppers as I've been poking around. Maybe sold as complete guns vs separate lowers/uppers?

Some are matched (complete guns) some are not matched. All have serial #s. Anybody correct me if I'm wrong. I have a complete from factory MWS and an MRP that is a New Zealand reference rifle upper and a Mars Lower with different serial #s.

Does anybody here have pictures of a Mlok mws upper with a rifle length gas 16" barrel? I have seen quite a few pictures of quad rail uppers with this configuration but it seems like most mlok uppers I see are either 13.5" barrels or 20". I'm thinking about building an upper for a 16" and a longer 20 or 22" 6.5 CM barrels. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
There has been a lot of discussion on here about barrel conversions. I just got my barrels back from Jeff at Rivers Bend Gun Company. I’m very impressed. I got my factory 556 barrel cut down to 14.5. He converted a Proof barrel for me and spun up a 6.5 Creed barrel using a Bartlein blank. Also some family pictures. And the new Tanodize addition. Jeff kills it and I would recommend his work to anyone.
62503F3D-2F1D-467C-BA0A-E9561A1CF422.jpegAEE595FB-6427-4E33-86B3-64468EE2FCB5.jpegED5A4AAC-2A40-4338-A9CD-26249882A3AD.jpeg1DB6AF3F-D18A-4C7A-B2F0-BF02536978A6.jpeg7E560DF5-B983-4E2A-A281-8FDE0EB86F10.jpeg2A6B07EB-697D-4958-839F-93921FD5E98D.jpeg203FF5CD-2563-4E3C-B34C-622C65AFC28A.jpeg79E3A90F-F9CB-4E5D-81BD-1A937470F0BF.jpegBD5E02F3-33F2-48FF-B578-D317B5325BBC.jpegF3DC0958-9F19-4FEA-A175-AFB7D85D4BA2.jpeg7D450FCC-96A4-4EBC-B58A-524E49237F21.jpegD363297D-221D-4847-98C8-38B60DF9F01B.jpegDD9AE50C-814B-420C-B0B6-641FD7038B43.jpegF70AF0CA-391D-41EB-BF03-0056092D3C4F.jpeg2D568F10-1DA6-43D9-84CA-F62421E222E0.jpeg383C9E87-946C-4D03-A4EA-206F71BE4DFF.jpeg

Some are matched (complete guns) some are not matched. All have serial #s. Anybody correct me if I'm wrong. I have a complete from factory MWS and an MRP that is a New Zealand reference rifle upper and a Mars Lower with different serial #s.
LMT people say the numbers on the uppers are part numbers, not serial numbers, and are per contract.

Reactions: Junkman768
Understanding that I’m on the thread with LMT owners who may have a little bias, I’d like to ask.....

I have a MWS308 in 16” barrel. Just got it recently and went to the range where I used a standing tripod and was able to hit 8” plates at 300y. Granted, it was cold/windy and I was in a hurry so I hit about 75% of the roughly 40 rounds; really just wanted to get a feel for it. This is to illustrate I’m new to LMT and this rifle in particular but in my limited use, really liked this rifle and plan to keep it.....and that’s saying something for me; an admitted victim of ‘black rifle disease’. FWIW, I’m using a NF NX8 2.5-20 Mil. I’ve no clue how to use the reticle...yet.

I have two needs (Wants really, tbh) and that is to buy another to serve a long-distance role and as backup/parts. The other is to attend a 1,000y class in the summer.

Will a MWS with 20”SS barrel and PRS stock serve or must I get a bolt action? I did find a demo’d Barrett 98B in either 308 or 7MM Rem Mag so I’m not sure what to do. Full disclosure is the MWS I’m describing is for sale here and while I really want it, not sure yet it will fully suit my needs.If y’all tell me it will hit steel consistently at 1K, I’m buying it ASAP. I suspect I’m GTG, but seeking more informed opinions. Thanks in advance y’all.

Understanding that I’m on the thread with LMT owners who may have a little bias, I’d like to ask.....

I have a MWS308 in 16” barrel. Just got it recently and went to the range where I used a standing tripod and was able to hit 8” plates at 300y. Granted, it was cold/windy and I was in a hurry so I hit about 75% of the roughly 40 rounds; really just wanted to get a feel for it. This is to illustrate I’m new to LMT and this rifle in particular but in my limited use, really liked this rifle and plan to keep it.....and that’s saying something for me; an admitted victim of ‘black rifle disease’. FWIW, I’m using a NF NX8 2.5-20 Mil. I’ve no clue how to use the reticle...yet.

I have two needs (Wants really, tbh) and that is to buy another to serve a long-distance role and as backup/parts. The other is to attend a 1,000y class in the summer.

Will a MWS with 20”SS barrel and PRS stock serve or must I get a bolt action? I did find a demo’d Barrett 98B in either 308 or 7MM Rem Mag so I’m not sure what to do. Full disclosure is the MWS I’m describing is for sale here and while I really want it, not sure yet it will fully suit my needs.If y’all tell me it will hit steel consistently at 1K, I’m buying it ASAP. I suspect I’m GTG, but seeking more informed opinions. Thanks in advance y’all.
[
42E2A779-8C18-48E1-93FD-BB619B456E04.jpeg
/QUOTE]

I took mine to a Magpul CORE course in Central Oregon a couple Summers ago.
It has the 16” SS barrel, DMR stock and a NF ATACR 4-16X.
I was shooting Fed 175 GMM.
Mine was the only semiauto in the class.
The furthest target we shot at was 922 yards. I was able to hit consistently at that range and keep up with most of the bolt gun guys.

Reactions: jwramp

To answer your question. It depends on a number of factors, such as what size targets are you going to be shooting at 1000y? If you are shooting man size steel, appox 18 inches wide, at 1000y's that's approx. 1.8 MOA and the MWS is more than capable of holding MOA as long as you do your part. If you are shooting smaller targets, it might not be the best tool for that case. i would contact the instructor and have him possibly weigh in on what works and doesnt work at their course.

What I would offer is, that one really doesnt need spend the money on a complete second MWS considering its modular nature. Just grab an accuracy barrel and you keep your blaster barrel. The PRS stock is also something that can be slid on in short order if needed.

As much as I really like gas guns, I really like a nice bolt guns as they IMO offer a higher level of consistency as well as just being easier to shoot more accurately, and when combined with modern highly efficient rounds such as the 6.5PRC, its pretty remarkable what one can do

Anyone seeing whats going on with LMT barrels?

V1 said they have no idea when the 6.5 barrels will come in. My allocation was this month.

In the last 2 days on gunbroker a new 24" 6.5 went for $1700 and a used 20" 6.5 went for $900 buy it now shortly after being posted.

This is insanity.
Places like TitanTactical take your money, put you on a waitlist and then when your item comes in, throw it on gun broker because they can get 3-4-5-10 times as much for it. They should be boycotted for this alone.

I am wondering how hard it would be to make the barrel extension so people can get a custom barrel made. You could get a bartlien or proof carbon for half the price they are going for on the market. I have a machine shop and if I could get an extension, maybe reverse engineer it and have my guy program it. Thoughts?

V1 said they have no idea when the 6.5 barrels will come in. My allocation was this month.

In the last 2 days on gunbroker a new 24" 6.5 went for $1700 and a used 20" 6.5 went for $900 buy it now shortly after being posted.

This is insanity.
Places like TitanTactical take your money, put you on a waitlist and then when your item comes in, throw it on gun broker because they can get 3-4-5-10 times as much for it. They should be boycotted for this alone.

I am wondering how hard it would be to make the barrel extension so people can get a custom barrel made. You could get a bartlien or proof carbon for half the price they are going for on the market. I have a machine shop and if I could get an extension, maybe reverse engineer it and have my guy program it. Thoughts?

There is a guy who already does that, so it’s definitely possible.

This is insanity.

Contact d.wilson mfg.
unclemoak here on the Hide...

Reactions: Tono

This is insanity.

LMT pushed the expected dates for most items out 3 months back in Aug/September. I just got a barrel Allocated for September a week ago, a 308 BCG allocated for September was pushed to January, EBCG and 11.5 MRP barrel was pushed to March from January(ordered in July).

V1 has always been good to me and kept me Informed. Plus I havnt seen them auction anything they took money for already. I

Haven’t delt with Titan much but I can’t complain this is exactly how capitalism works eventually if the investment is worth it LMT will increase production capabilities.

A lot of these middle men may be going through their last hurrah and will be only able to sell bolt action rifles and shotguns in a few months. So I can’t blame them for profiting when they are able.

Reactions: FriedAss
LMT pushed the expected dates for most items out 3 months back in Aug/September. I just got a barrel Allocated for September a week ago, a 308 BCG allocated for September was pushed to January, EBCG and 11.5 MRP barrel was pushed to March from January(ordered in July).

V1 has always been good to me and kept me Informed. Plus I havnt seen them auction anything they took money for already. I

Haven’t delt with Titan much but I can’t complain this is exactly how capitalism works eventually if the investment is worth it LMT will increase production capabilities.

A lot of these middle men may be going through their last hurrah and will be only able to sell bolt action rifles and shotguns in a few months. So I can’t blame them for profiting when they are able.

There is a big difference between selling at market rates and SELLING inventory that someone already paid for many months ago in order to maximize profit now.

They sold a bunch of enhanced bolt carrier groups for list price. While people who have paid FULL Price are waiting months, they dump them on gunbroker and let the piranhas go at them.

Same with Lowers, Barrels, or any other hard to find item. They are using customer money to finance their inventory and then maximize the profit while giving the customers the shaft.

That is a form of theft in my eyes. Terrible ethics and integrity.