• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

LMT .308 MWS

Will LMT release a 308 piston anytime soon ?
I thought they mentioned that was in the pipe on that Q&A video that was just released. They said it was for sure coming.

I would rewatch the video though

Just saw someone posted the video too
Cool.

Reactions: candyx
So I'm glad to be back with the LMT clan afyer my recent purchase of a new MWS. Now with that said, I bought a 20" 7mm-08 barrel for cheap on gb and I was wondering if anyone else has this barrel and what they've seen good results with. So far I I've found it's a 1:10 twist and some have been using 140-150gr factory rounds. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated 🤙

Semper fi
Horner

Reactions: TangoSierra916
I thought about getting a 7-08 barrel for mine. I called V1 and they called LMT. LMT had one left in stock. They wanted $600+ for it. I took a pass on that. I thought they could have given me a better deal on something they no longer make and it was their last one. At least so they said.

I thought about getting a 7-08 barrel for mine. I called V1 and they called LMT. LMT had one left in stock. They wanted $600+ for it. I took a pass on that. I thought they could have given me a better deal on something they no longer make and it was their last one. At least so they said.

GBPSE lol

I was able to pick this one up for $450 and seemed as thought the stores around me have it in stock at least. Sucks being in Alaska not able to purchase Ammo, primers, or powder online as most vendors won't ship. I was also thinking of picking up a. 260 mws barrel as well.

Locked and Loaded and a few other dealers still have 20 round Lancer 7.62 translucents for $34-37. There is a huge run going so buy now while you can, especicially if you live in a state about to pass a mag ban.

I was able to pick this one up for $450 and seemed as thought the stores around me have it in stock at least. Sucks being in Alaska not able to purchase Ammo, primers, or powder online as most vendors won't ship. I was also thinking of picking up a. 260 mws barrel as well.
One just sold on gunbroker for $450.

Man $500 would've been pretty expensive for a barrel extension. I wish lmt would put out some barrel extension kits like Barret did/does, for barrel conversions.
I also just recently purchased a 260 barrel for my mws as well, so I will be looking for data on that as well.
I bought these barrels for caribou, wolf, moose, and maybe even kill a lynx with them. Hopefully in time I can find some Ammo or load data that'll give me great ballistics for hunting. 🤙

Semper fi
Horner

Yea I would LOVE to get one of the new bartlien wonder steel carbon barrels for the MWS. Would be expensive but twice the barrel lift and shave some real weight off a 20-22" barrel.

Decided to give the Black River Tactical gas tubes a try. I ordered their “normal/unsuppressed” version since I don’t have access to my NFA stuff (active duty military currently stationed in Hawaii). The gas tube really calmed the MWS down and made it more pleasant to shoot. The gun locked back on the last round using FGMM 168gr, Magtech 168gr, Federal 150gr SP, Federal 165gr Fusion, and Federal XM80. I am impressed with the improvement it made to my MWS and will be picking up another for my second MWS.

Factory 16” 308 gas tube is on the right.

Attachments

• 34D1202B-0E8F-4E26-B77B-15A5D21699C6.jpeg
    34D1202B-0E8F-4E26-B77B-15A5D21699C6.jpeg
    498.1 KB · Views: 105
Last edited:
Decided to give the Black River Tactical gas tubes a try. I ordered their “normal/unsuppressed” version since I don’t have access to my NFA stuff (active duty military currently stationed in Hawaii). The gas tube really calmed the MWS down and made it more pleasant to shoot. The gun locked back on the last round using FGMM 168gr, Magtech 168gr, Federal 150gr SP, Federal 165gr Fusion, and Federal XM80. I am impressed with the improvement it made to my MWS and will be picking up another for my second MWS.

Factory 16” 308 gas tube is on the right.

Thats awesome.

While reliability is something I really appreciate with the MWS, they do gas them quite generously. While I have not had any issues with my 13.5 and dead air can, I would like to give one a try, might be able to drop the XH buffer for an H3, which would translate into about 4 oz less reciprocating mass. I don't think that this would be a game changer but, may be good update

The magic for suppressed MWS is the RCA adjustable gas key on the factory carrier and keep everything else factory springs and buffers. I tried every other method, now it’s all factory just tuned to the correct gas for suppressors. Tune it to minimum setting to lock back unsuppressed 5 shots in a row , and you’re set.

Attachments

• 720E80DF-74E6-41B8-884C-A808682788CF.jpeg
    720E80DF-74E6-41B8-884C-A808682788CF.jpeg
    118 KB · Views: 153
The magic for suppressed MWS is the RCA adjustable gas key on the factory carrier and keep everything else factory springs and buffers. I tried every other method, now it’s all factory just tuned to the correct gas for suppressors. Tune it to minimum setting to lock back unsuppressed 5 shots in a row , and you’re set.

The only issue I see with that is if you have multiple barrels you may be tuning the operating system to a single barrel vs tuning each barrel to the operating system with an adjustable gas block or custom ported tube.

Built over past few months:

LMT LM8 w/ 16” Stainless Barrel and DMR stock. Factory.
S&B PMII 4-16
Vortex PMR

Choice in Waterford Glass

Attachments

• 234D119E-01B8-492A-BF67-D38AAF6ED37B.jpeg
    234D119E-01B8-492A-BF67-D38AAF6ED37B.jpeg
    386.4 KB · Views: 200
  • 7832C9C5-5678-4BF9-8DF3-D0E2CD417D5E.jpeg
    7832C9C5-5678-4BF9-8DF3-D0E2CD417D5E.jpeg
    452.8 KB · Views: 182
  • 44AA712A-9C5C-4A3A-A40F-90807F532AFA.jpeg
    44AA712A-9C5C-4A3A-A40F-90807F532AFA.jpeg
    402.4 KB · Views: 144
  • 1CD4FF36-1801-4E61-BBAC-99626DF626D3.jpeg
    1CD4FF36-1801-4E61-BBAC-99626DF626D3.jpeg
    507.6 KB · Views: 198
Last edited:
Anyone here using the 4-32 NX8 with their MWS or did most go to the ATACR series? Just curious to see feedback on the nx8 vs ATACR on the MWS based on intended use.

thanks,

I made some weight comparison between an LMT and my SR-25 for anyone's info. 16 inch CC SR-25 weighs in at 8.4 on my scale and a 16 inch light weight stainless lmt in the mlok upper weighed in at 8.6 lbs. Both have the same stock, grip etc, and no optics for weighing. The SR does feel slightly less barrel heavy when you compare them side by side but not by much! I thought it was interesting since you always hear how heavy the lmts are. And honestly if you went with NF titanium rings on the LMT it would save another few ounces, where on the Knights it would be hard to use those and have to use even something like a Scalarworks has to be heavier. Just fyi-

Hello all,

I've been thinking of converting my 7mm-08 barrel into a 6.5prc for my lmt mws. Before I do a barrel conversion, I was wondering if anyone else has converted their barrel to a decent precision caliber they would recommend over the 6.5 prc?

Semper fi
Horner

Hello all,

I've been thinking of converting my 7mm-08 barrel into a 6.5prc for my lmt mws. Before I do a barrel conversion, I was wondering if anyone else has converted their barrel to a decent precision caliber they would recommend over the 6.5 prc?

Semper fi
Horner

Don't think the PRC will fit...

Hello all,

Semper fi
Horner
The PRC is a magnum bolt face and will not fit in the MWS platform without extreme modification(if even that is possible).

Anyone here using the 4-32 NX8 with their MWS or did most go to the ATACR series? Just curious to see feedback on the nx8 vs ATACR on the MWS based on intended use.

thanks,
Reading this makes me feel like a poor for trying to decide between a list of sub $800 scopes. But since I DO have a MWS, am I only half a poor?? Lol.

Reading this makes me feel like a poor for trying to decide between a list of sub $800 scopes. But since I DO have a MWS, am I only half a poor?? Lol.

haha I thought all of us LMT owners were poors since they're not KAC? :ROFLMAO:

I think there are many, too many, scope options for an LMT really comes down to usage. Im trying to stick to certain reticles but even thats not helping. lol

Reactions: Asiparks
The PRC is a magnum bolt face and will not fit in the MWS platform without extreme modification(if even that is possible).

Yeah engine22, I posted with out doing my research like an ratard. Since 6.5prc is out of the question, I guess I'll sit on the sacrificial 7mm-08 barrel until I figure out a good caliber. I do have a 260 (master race) remington barrel for my mws, so I can use that in the mean time. 🤙

Semper fi
Horner

Reactions: Engine 22

thanks,

I've had the NX8 2.5-20, an ATACR 4-16, and a Vortex GIII 1-10 on my 13.5" .308. The ATACR was the best of the bunch for the platform. The GIII got moved to my 11.5" LMT MLC SBR. I'm planning on looking for another ATACR for this gun; failing that a Razor GII 4.5-27.

I fought the eye box on the NX8 with semi-auto recoil. But I suck at shooting, so take all that for what you will.

Reactions: Lurp06x
I've had the NX8 2.5-20, an ATACR 4-16, and a Vortex GIII 1-10 on my 13.5" .308. The ATACR was the best of the bunch for the platform. The GIII got moved to my 11.5" LMT MLC SBR. I'm planning on looking for another ATACR for this gun; failing that a Razor GII 4.5-27.

I fought the eye box on the NX8 with semi-auto recoil. But I suck at shooting, so take all that for what you will.
Razor is just too heavy for a gas gun, go with the AMG instead.

Razor is just too heavy for a gas gun, go with the AMG instead.
I had a 3-18 that took turns on my MWS and 224 MRP. It actually helped me see impacts due to weight and good eye box. I was shooting from a bench and prone next to the bench. May be a completely different story doing positional shooting.

Reactions: GhostFace
I made some weight comparison between an LMT and my SR-25 for anyone's info. 16 inch CC SR-25 weighs in at 8.4 on my scale and a 16 inch light weight stainless lmt in the mlok upper weighed in at 8.6 lbs. Both have the same stock, grip etc, and no optics for weighing. The SR does feel slightly less barrel heavy when you compare them side by side but not by much! I thought it was interesting since you always hear how heavy the lmts are. And honestly if you went with NF titanium rings on the LMT it would save another few ounces, where on the Knights it would be hard to use those and have to use even something like a Scalarworks has to be heavier. Just fyi-

Yeah,

LMT has done alot of good work with their platform over the years, as has Kac, but the alot of people still do believe LMT's are only available in one flavor, 1913 rails and M240 profile 16 inch barrel.

This is sort of the reason why when people ask for a recommendation, or my opinion, i favor LMT slightly, based on price and flexibility. If price was not a factor and somebody else was footing the bill, no questions, give me a 14.5 CC and a 16 or 18 inch 6.5 variant of the APC.

Another thing I would say about the MWS is considering the modular nature of the platform, one should be aware of everything that they are planning on hanging off their rifle. For example, bipod doesn't have to live on the rifle 24/7,

Reactions: CrabsandFootball
I had a 3-18 that took turns on my MWS and 224 MRP. It actually helped me see impacts due to weight and good eye box. I was shooting from a bench and prone next to the bench. May be a completely different story doing positional shooting.

This is pretty much my thinking with the 4.5-27 Razor G2. Just use it for practice, then move to something lighter later one when I get a rifle to serve as the permanent home for the G2.

Reactions: long range sponge
Trying to decide on an optic for the MWS. Would like to stay under $2k otherwise I am going to find a way to get a ZCO.

AMG seems hard to beat at this point for weight/size/reticle/quality.

Nice lookin rig. I am looking at getting the Dominus as well.

Have you had any overgassing issues or had to make an changes from factory setup with the Dominus?
I havnt shot it with the Dominus, but with the Hybrid on it, it’s bad over gassed. I have a BRT EZTune on order

Does anyone know a gunsmith that will modify an aftermarket barrel for an MWS platform. D. Wilson does not and I really want a proof or kreiger.

LMT MWS with Thunderbeast DOMINUS-CB. 15lbs 2oz

View attachment 7538937
not a bad weight - Mine with Sig Tango 6 3-18 comes in at 14lb 2 oz before hanging another 2lbs of SRT Shadow XL on the end..

IMG_0051.jpg
IMG_0052.jpg

for comparison, my lightweight 308, POF revolution with the same optic, knocks almost 3lbs off

IMG_0058.jpg

IMG_0054.jpg

Last edited: